• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Ill say again... looking at the players that were sold this summer who would be better than what we had?
Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen Chelsea playa nd paid attention but what I saw was two £50m midfielders get done by Dier and a Sissoko.., two players that plenty don’t rate yet strangely our boss does

Is there a striker that was available this summer that has been a step up ?

We thought we needed CBs but because of what we have done we have seen more of Foyth who has looked great IMO

I’m throwing it out there but if we had started Gazzaniga instead of Vorm vs Pool and Watford we would possibly be joint top

That’s after a WC that drained us of any of our top players being match ready for day 1

I completely agree with you, I don’t think this summer we could have done much more than what we did. If circumstances were different, maybe we replace Rose with Sessegnon. Toby with De Light. Dembele with N’Dombele, and keep going like that. So signing players that weren’t sold otherwise.

But I always had faith in the squad that was kept together.

I completely agree with you, I don’t think this summer we could have done much more than what we did. If circumstances were different, maybe we replace Rose with Sessegnon. Toby with De Light. Dembele with N’Dombele, and keep going like that. So signing players that weren’t sold otherwise.

I also agree, of those three suggested, none would have been an instant improvement anyway.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, there was a lot of over reaction by some about our transfer dealings in the summer and our form so far. What we have struggled with is a few injurys and some players off form more then our failure to sign more players.

All would have been great additions but none IMO are better than what we have... but have potential too be

Yeah, and with the injuries to Demebele and Rose alongside the drop off in Toby we might have been better off, but we didn’t know that in August.

https://www.skysports.com/chelsea-results

Some decent results, but I make you right - no really tough games yet

Indeed, for all the hype about Sarri’s unbeaten start, the Chavs were only 1 point up on last season’s games and now down by 2 points... meanwhile our stale, homeless squad are 6 points up!

Points compared to corresponding fixtures:

+8 Liverpool
+7
+6
Tottenham
+5
+4
Emirates Marketing Project, ARSEnal
+3
+2
+1

-2 Chelsea
Manchester United

Points from 13 games played last season:

+10 Liverpool
+9
+8
+7
+6
Tottenham
+5
+4

+3
+2 Emirates Marketing Project, ARSEnal
+1
Chelsea

Manchester United

Tottenham have arrived. Again.

This is the sort of performance which showcased Spurs at their best. Their faith in young players, in building from the ground up through astute rather than splashy signings, saw Dele Alli score his sixth goal against Chelsea, Harry Kane plunder one long-range goal, somehow pass up a simple chance for a second, and torment the opposition defence throughout, while Christian Eriksen ran the show in midfield against Ballon d’Or nominee N’Golo Kante and the man unofficially declared as one of the signings of the summer, Jorginho.

https://sport360.com/article/footba...chelsea-silences-doubts-over-title-contention

Last edited:
Great game. Started well and never looked back. Observations:

We didn’t press their back 4 unless they came forward. It kept us more compacted and leaves the forwards with more energy. Hopefully this isn’t just for this busy week, but an advance Poch is making.

We need to get Eriksen to sign on. He’s occasionally frustrating, could stamp his authority on games more, but even when playing badly he’s massively important to us. After some time off he’s looking good again. Would set us back losing him.

Foyth is learning...what a way to cut your teeth. Him and Aurier both have a rash challenge in them, but address that and they show a lot of other ability. Credit to Poch for showing faith in them and Sissoko. The master.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back