• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BTW that tosssspot Kovacic and his stupid rabona ball when losing 2-0 (nearly ended up costing them a third!!!!!) I’d have subbed him for that. Tossy McTosspot!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think that was a really interesting point in the game, and to my mind a little bit of a rebuke to the idea that we just needed to make signings..I mean look at Chelsea, they are strengthening, right?

But actually, someone with that attitude, who doesn’t ‘get the vibe’ of the squad, it’s the kind of player we just don’t need. Sarri will no doubt be furious, and he’s also keeping RLC from the team.

Poch kept a squad together that, although wasn’t improved enough to make a real challenge to City this season, could be trusted enough to maintain its level. A squad that had been put together over his 4 years, so he could trust it to still live by his expectations.

The clarity of thought and strategy there was brilliant. I would say so many other managers would have taken someone, anyone, to see if we could improve. It’s a special kind of leader to trust what you have. But actually, when people list all of the things Poch has had to deal with this year, I don’t consider ‘no signings’ to be one of them as much. Keeping a tight knit squad that know their roles and maintain standards, rather than having tossy players like Kovacic in there mucking about when 2-0 down, is as much an advantage to us as anything. Sure, this wasn’t the season to necessarily push City, but making changes for changes sake could have set us back.

I think that was a really interesting point in the game, and to my mind a little bit of a rebuke to the idea that we just needed to make signings..I mean look at Chelsea, they are strengthening, right?

But actually, someone with that attitude, who doesn’t ‘get the vibe’ of the squad, it’s the kind of player we just don’t need. Sarri will no doubt be furious, and he’s also keeping RLC from the team.

Poch kept a squad together that, although wasn’t improved enough to make a real challenge to City this season, could be trusted enough to maintain its level. A squad that had been put together over his 4 years, so he could trust it to still live by his expectations.

The clarity of thought and strategy there was brilliant. I would say so many other managers would have taken someone, anyone, to see if we could improve. It’s a special kind of leader to trust what you have. But actually, when people list all of the things Poch has had to deal with this year, I don’t consider ‘no signings’ to be one of them as much. Keeping a tight knit squad that know their roles and maintain standards, rather than having tossy players like Kovacic in there mucking about when 2-0 down, is as much an advantage to us as anything. Sure, this wasn’t the season to necessarily push City, but making changes for changes sake could have set us back.

Why can't we challenge City this year? It's five points...

sissoko241118.jpg

Sissoko renaissance continues
N'Golo Kante has built a reputation on being absolutely everywhere at once but somehow Moussa Sissoko managed to outdo his France teammate. One minute Sissoko was clattering Mateo Kovavic in the left-back position with a tackle that drew a standing ovation from the nearest block, and the next he was charging down the right wing.

This guy is rapidly approaching cult status for me.

What a completely unexpected turnaround this guy is producing.

Lamela too.. Guess it's the beauty of having a deep squad to draw on, despite the reverse agenda the media are trying to push. Even tonight harping on about our thin reserves.

What a joke, we're well stocked. No we didn't sign any players but we didn't sell any either.
Yup. Would love it if we go on to win a big trophy this season, that would stuff it right down the hacks throats.

(Always worth remembering, last time we failed to sign anyone in the summer we went on to win the Double. :D :D :D )

Why can't we challenge City this year? It's five points...

Not saying we definitely can’t, just that I think Poch envisioned the big moves in the transfer market to be the time we really make a go of it, and since we weren’t able to do that, we did what we could to maintain what makes us unique (spirit, everyone knowing and executing the plan, trusting each other) to hopefully maintain a top 4 place. Because the chemistry of what we have is delicate, and any bad - or even just slightly unripened - apples added to that wouldn’t necessarily be a better outcome than sticking with what we had.

Wonder what he thinks was better? Man U perhaps - but we could have been three down at HT. I think Poch is wrong on this one.

I think he’s just trying not to put out too much ‘WEVE ARRIVED NOW BABY!’ style quotes in the press. He talked a lot after Man United about how the performance wasn’t that good and that if the players didn’t keep working, the standards would slip. I am guessing that without the new signings to give the squad the added feeling of ‘brick, I better keep my standards up or else’, he’s taken on the mantle of doing it for them.

This was clearly our best performance and I don’t know how he could credibly argue otherwise. Just trying to message control IMO.

It probably wouldnt go down too well, but, you know what. If we carry on playing like that at Wembley, perhaps we should just say, we're playing there for the rest of the season so everybody knows where they stand

Oh I hope not! Whilst the atmosphere was better today (just got home) I was once again surrounded by tourists who spent most of the game taking selfies; the group of Korean ladies to my left only taking a break from doing so when Son scores and got subbed, when they tried to get a photo of their pinup instead.

This guy is rapidly approaching cult status for me.

What a completely unexpected turnaround this guy is producing.

Jon Champion declared during the match - while Miserable Jim Beglin was drying his eyes and having a Scotch and Prozac - that Sissoko "is the player Spurs fans have taken to their hearts."

It wouldn't have been too long ago that many of those Spurs fans would have opted to take Sissoko 'to their hearths.'

So happy to see this player give us what he showed for France before we bought him.

Jon Champion declared during the match - while Miserable Jim Beglin was drying his eyes and having a Scotch and Prozac - that Sissoko "is the player Spurs fans have taken to their hearts."

It wouldn't have been too long ago that many of those Spurs fans would have opted to take Sissoko 'to their hearths.'

So happy to see this player give us what he showed for France before we bought him.

Nothing changes saw similar attitude to Mullery and Chivers years ago, both went from zero to hero.

Not saying we definitely can’t, just that I think Poch envisioned the big moves in the transfer market to be the time we really make a go of it, and since we weren’t able to do that, we did what we could to maintain what makes us unique (spirit, everyone knowing and executing the plan, trusting each other) to hopefully maintain a top 4 place. Because the chemistry of what we have is delicate, and any bad - or even just slightly unripened - apples added to that wouldn’t necessarily be a better outcome than sticking with what we had.

But Ill say again... looking at the players that were sold this summer who would be better than what we had?
Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen Chelsea playa nd paid attention but what I saw was two £50m midfielders get done by Dier and a Sissoko.., two players that plenty don’t rate yet strangely our boss does

Is there a striker that was available this summer that has been a step up ?

We thought we needed CBs but because of what we have done we have seen more of Foyth who has looked great IMO

I’m throwing it out there but if we had started Gazzaniga instead of Vorm vs Pool and Watford we would possibly be joint top

That’s after a WC that drained us of any of our top players being match ready for day 1

But Ill say again... looking at the players that were sold this summer who would be better than what we had?
Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen Chelsea playa nd paid attention but what I saw was two £50m midfielders get done by Dier and a Sissoko.., two players that plenty don’t rate yet strangely our boss does

Is there a striker that was available this summer that has been a step up ?

We thought we needed CBs but because of what we have done we have seen more of Foyth who has looked great IMO

I’m throwing it out there but if we had started Gazzaniga instead of Vorm vs Pool and Watford we would possibly be joint top

That’s after a WC that drained us of any of our top players being match ready for day 1
Dier seems to like playing vs Chelsea, and I’m not sure fans don’t rate him - myself and others complain about his sloppyness at times on the ball but I wouldn’t want him gone.

We are never going to be able to afford a better forward than Kane but we could get a better like for like backup. The more I watch of Mitrovic, the more I think he is Kane like. Strong, holds it up well and is a poacher, scores different types of goals. Wouldn’t cost a bomb, and is a good age. Seems to of calmed down a bit too....

Dier seems to like playing vs Chelsea, and I’m not sure fans don’t rate him - myself and others complain about his sloppyness at times on the ball but I wouldn’t want him gone.

We are never going to be able to afford a better forward than Kane but we could get a better like for like backup. The more I watch of Mitrovic, the more I think he is Kane like. Strong, holds it up well and is a poacher, scores different types of goals. Wouldn’t cost a bomb, and is a good age. Seems to of calmed down a bit too....

I know loads that don’t rate him... their are still plenty who think who will say despite seeing Jorginho and Kovacavic get outplayed that their better than what we have as their new names and more glamourous ones

Mitrovic woud be good but he strikes me as a player that needs to play. He didn5 get games at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and suffered from it

Has to be said, as good as we were - Chelsea were poor.

I havent seen a Chelsea team that bad in a long time.

Not to take anything away from the win though, it was a men vs boys performance from us, we were excellent from first to last.

Feels like the sort of game that can tee us up for a real run of form.
It was a tactical masterclass that made them look awful. They have been playing everything through Jorginho this season. Dele didn't leave him an inch, so they couldn't get the ball to him. Without that, they didn't know what to do.

And Eriksen was superb! Made 7 key passes, more than any other player has done so far this season, two of them being assists. Him and Alli where exceptional, but everyone played very good.

Back