• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

It does make you wonder about the age of some of those fans, they were a yoyo club when I was growing up. Similar to West Ham, although West Ham probably had twice the size of support.

Fair enough they are a big club now, because they've spent well over a billion quid, Abramovich could have literally taken over QPR or Fulham and the same results could have been achieved spending the amount of money he has done, it may have just taken a season or two longer as Bates' spending way beyond their means meant they were on the verge of CL already. Spending way more than they earn actually started under Bates and it was hours from bankrupting them.

It does annoy me how anything pre Abromovich seems to be wiped from the history books, like they've always been a big club getting over than 15k fans each week (15k was a good crowd for them when I was growing up!).

But was a self-confessed Spurs fan.

And how was he a ****? By saying the wrong thing once when the team he loved had loaned him out?

Strange comments.

Those comments was a response to DubaiSpur's theory that our fans would turn against one of our academy products (Carroll) after one bad game, comparing him to O'Hara where I ponted out O'Hara came from Arsenal's academy. I personally never held that against him but it isn't unheard-of that some fans would.
You're right though, **** isn't the right word. But anyone who marries Danielle Lloyd must be somewhat... thick.

For anyone going to the game on Saturday, and wants to get a T-shirt knocked up for it:

Attachments

• KickItOut.jpg
    KickItOut.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 41
SPURS TEAM NEWS:

Andre Villas-Boas has positive news with Kyle Naughton and Jake Livermore pushing for returns against Chelsea.

Full-back Kyle has been out since picking up an ankle knock against Lazio while midfielder Jake is back after the groin trouble that has sidelined him for six weeks.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is also improving after missing the last month with a knee injury.

Andre reported: "Benoit is making a good recovery, so we should see him back in training next week.

"Kyle Naughton and Jake have made good progress, so hopefully they are close to being available for selection. Their return is good, positive news for us."

Younes Kaboul (knee) and Scott Parker (Achilles) remain out.

SPURS TEAM NEWS:

Andre Villas-Boas has positive news with Kyle Naughton and Jake Livermore pushing for returns against Chelsea.

Full-back Kyle has been out since picking up an ankle knock against Lazio while midfielder Jake is back after the groin trouble that has sidelined him for six weeks.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is also improving after missing the last month with a knee injury.

Andre reported: "Benoit is making a good recovery, so we should see him back in training next week.

"Kyle Naughton and Jake have made good progress, so hopefully they are close to being available for selection. Their return is good, positive news for us."

Younes Kaboul (knee) and Scott Parker (Achilles) remain out.

Great news that Dembele isnt on the injured list. Hurrah. Saves a difficult decision by AVB. Team should then just about pick itself:

Lloris
Walker
Caulker
Gallas
Verts
Dembele
Sandro
Lennon
Dempsey (scored 2 and made one for the USA in the break)
Bale
Ade

Goalies
Brad
Hugo

Defenders
13 GALLAS William
5 VERTONGHEN Jan
20 DAWSON Michael
39 SMITH Adam
33 CAULKER Steven

Midfield
6 HUDDLESTONE Tom
7 LENNON Aaron
22 SIGURDSSON Glyfi
11 BALE Gareth
30 SANDRO
31 TOWNSEND Andros
2 DEMPSEY Clint

Strikers
Ade
Defoe

Injury doubts
19 DEMBELE Mousa
28 WALKER Kyle

Maybe fit
29 LIVERMORE Jake
16 NAUGHTON Kyle

Long shot kids
38 MASON Ryan
46 CARROLL Thomas
47 NICHOLSON Jake
27 FALQUE Iago

Great news that Dembele isnt on the injured list. Hurrah. Saves a difficult decision by AVB. Team should then just about pick itself:

Lloris
Walker
Caulker
Gallas
Verts
Dembele
Sandro
Lennon
Dempsey (scored 2 and made one for the USA in the break)
Bale
Ade

Do you think he'll pick Ade though? Hopefully, but I'm not so sure.

Do you think he'll pick Ade though? Hopefully, but I'm not so sure.

I think he will pick Ade for this game. Defoe didnt score against Man U or Villa (or for England). Although he played quite well in the first half against United, he had a poor game against Villa imo. Additionally, he played for England only on Wednesday afternoon and could be "tired". I think AVB will use this as cover for bringing in Ade for this game. I believe that would be the correct decision in any event.

I'd start Sigurddson over Dempsey , Ade over Defoe, and Lloris over Friedel (now AVB has made the change it's probably best if he sticks with it). Caulker and Gallas have looked a pretty solid partnership so stick with them and the rest of the team picks itself.

I'd start Sigurddson over Dempsey , Ade over Defoe, and Lloris over Friedel (now AVB has made the change it's probably best if he sticks with it). Caulker and Gallas have looked a pretty solid partnership so stick with them and the rest of the team picks itself.

Why start sig over dempsey for this game? Dempsey carries much more of a goal threat, he is in goalscoring form (2 goals and an assist for USA) and is more of a forward that would likely link best with Ade - particularly at home.

Sig would make a good sub for him on the hour if it isnt working.

MOUSA ON CHELSEA:

Mousa Dembele is confident ahead of Saturday’s clash against Chelsea at the Lane.

The Blues arrive in N17 top of the Premier League, unbeaten with six wins in seven matches but Mousa points to playing at home and our fine recent run - four wins on the trot in the Premier League, nine unbeaten in all competitions - as good reason to be positive.

“Of course Chelsea will be a tough team to play against because they have so many quality players all over the pitch,” he said.

“But we are playing at home and that is always good for us. We are on a good run of form, the spirit among the players is very high so I’m confident we can get a good result.”

Mousa and Jan Vertonghen know one of Chelsea’s big threats well - their Belgian team-mate Eden Hazard.

“It’s great to have someone of Hazard’s qualities in the Belgium team,” added Mousa. “He is without question the sort of player that could play in any team in the world so we are fortunate to have him in ours.”

Villas-Boas dropped a heavy hint that Friedel would play against Chelsea, describing him as the club's No1 goalkeeper. He had started Lloris in the two matches before the international break, against Panathinaikos in the Europa League and, more significantly, against Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Lloris started for France in the friendly against Japan and the World Cup qualifier against Spain, in which he saved a penalty from Cesc Fábregas.

"We have made Brad the No1 for the beginning of the season and we still see Brad as No1, a player who has been tremendous in goal for us," Villas-Boas said. "Hugo has been tremendous for us in exactly the same manner. We spoke about the Villa team selection beforehand and it was difficult for Brad. It was not based on performance that we made the switch, that's for sure. Brad was looking good.

"We had the opportunity to give Hugo a consecutive run of four games, including the two internationals and that is what has happened. We are extremely happy about the fact we did. It gave him his first impact of Premier League football. But as a great professional, [you] have to move on from that."

Hmmmmm.

Villas-Boas dropped a heavy hint that Friedel would play against Chelsea, describing him as the club's No1 goalkeeper. He had started Lloris in the two matches before the international break, against Panathinaikos in the Europa League and, more significantly, against Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Lloris started for France in the friendly against Japan and the World Cup qualifier against Spain, in which he saved a penalty from Cesc Fábregas.

"We have made Brad the No1 for the beginning of the season and we still see Brad as No1, a player who has been tremendous in goal for us," Villas-Boas said. "Hugo has been tremendous for us in exactly the same manner. We spoke about the Villa team selection beforehand and it was difficult for Brad. It was not based on performance that we made the switch, that's for sure. Brad was looking good.

"We had the opportunity to give Hugo a consecutive run of four games, including the two internationals and that is what has happened. We are extremely happy about the fact we did. It gave him his first impact of Premier League football. But as a great professional, [you] have to move on from that."

Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmm, indeed.

Strange if true.

so it might be true as someone said that Hugo was played against Villa just before the international break only to keep the French off AVB's back during that 2 week period :-k

Back