• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

Really disappointed with the result but satisfied with the performance. We did exceptionally well despite missing our 2 best players in Bale and Dembele. Without Dembele, thought we would be outclassed by Chelsea. But instead, we dominated Chelsea for large periods of the match and even had more shots on goal than them. In fact, Chelsea seemed like scared of us and were in panic mode everytime we attacked. We could have won this match had we make more use of the chances we created. I think if we had scored a 3rd goal when we led 2-1, we could have won. But without Bale and Dembele, our options in attack were badly limited. Ultimately, our lack of quality compared to Chelsea made the difference.

I am sure we could have won this match had Bale and Dembele played. We did really well without them. It is nice to see Defoe continuing his goal run. He seemed to have improved greatly under AVB. He lookes very sharp in front of goal nowadays. That cannot be said the same about Adebayor. Despite not playing much, Adebayor should be making use of the chances that come his away. He should have scored when the match was 2-2. He was too slow to react to the loose ball when Cech made the save. I think that was the turning point in the match. Had Adebayor scored, we could have won this match.

I never like our defenders trying to score when we always concede goals. Gallas did well to score our 1st goal but he was also at fault for 3 of their goals. Wish Gallas will concentrate more on defence rather than attack. That goes for Walker as well. A simple clearance would have saved us from conceding the 4th goal. But instead Walker tried to rush into attack and in the process stupidly lost possession which caused their 4th goal. I think as long as Kaboul and Vertonghen doesn't start in defence, we will always concede stupid goals. Gallas and Walker are so error prone. I think Friedel was partly at fault for their 2nd goal. He was out of position and too slow to react. The annoying thing is, it was exactly the same spot WBA and Norwich scored against us earlier. And in all the occasions, Friedel just stood and watched without attempting to dive. I think a younger goalie like Lloris would have dived and saved it.

Really disappointed we lost to Chelsea for the first time in the league at home since 2005. After overcoming the ManU jinx, I guess we had to be disappointed elsewhere. Let's hope AVB and the team will manage to recover from this defeat and get back into winning ways.

Last edited:
So how many times did the media mention the absence of Bale and Dembeley in match reports ? None ! It is all about Chelsea being "great". If the top 4 teams lose any player due to injury, you can bet the media will repeatedly point that out !

what avatar is denmark spur going to be punished with?

tumblr_m4l12yTSwN1qde40yo1_400.gif

is my vote.

We dominated chelsea? what kind of spurs tinted glasses was you watching the game through?

it's no coincidence that every neutral that has talked about the match are of the opinion that Chelski were well worth their win. Hell even our own manager basically admits it.

Mm, i get what the Torres is offside thing is about, him being there means gallas has to stay further inside..

But i'm not a referee and i don't know how much of an affect someone has to have to be interfering with play..

I wasn't really saying anything about whose fault it was, but I figured it could be of benefit to the discussion to actually have the footage.

Could've been prevented though had Livermore not left him and Walker hadn't just stood and watched it all happen.

Very frustrating to lose our good record of recent against them and the London derby record since 2007 but they were always going to go sometime. We looked a little bit lacking in the first half until around 35 mins when we started to step it up a bit but until then it didn't really have the urgency that I expected during a derby game from a Spurs side.

Dempsey looked completely lost, totally different to the player we have all seen at Fulham and tbh its been the same story since he signed. Sigurdsson was looking like a player that had never played football before in the 1st half but credit to him, 2nd half showing was pretty good. The chance he missed in the first half he would have buried at Swansea so Im hopeful that it is just a confidence thing.

Overall I felt a draw was a fair result, we tested Cech alot more than Friedel was tested by them and our chances were of a higher level imo too. Our errors were punished at every turn whilst they managed to get out of jail with a couple of mistakes like Cech palming to Adebayor who fluffed the finish. We looked a little open defensively but its difficult to know whether that is purely down to the excellent movement of Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Torres or a wider issue. Maybe next time Adebayor instead of Dempsey would be a shout?

Plenty of mistakes in this goal.

Firstly Livermore let the man go and tried to hand him off to a defender. He should have taken responsibility.

Walker was in a good position to see what was happening and should have tracked the run. He was also too far from Gallas to begin with.

I also think Gallas saw the run and momentarily thought about covering but then decided against it, maybe because of Torres close proximity. At the moment the pass was released Gallas was square on and never likely to catch Mata. Superb pass and a great finish it has to be said. One could argue that Torres affected play even though he didn't touch the ball. There is no way the defender can tell if Torres is offside and as such must cover him. Hence he is interfering with play indirectly and it should be flagged.

Aside, I think the current offside rule is a pile of brick and falls down in this exact instance.

Back