• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

Who else was there to come in? Hudd has been injured for a long time, asking him to play for 90 minutes against that midfield was probably too much.

Sigg down to CM and Ade on, and we stil have some creativity left in the middle !!!

They had good spells, as did we, 26 attempts against a top of the league side shows they didnt smash us or outclass us..

Difference today, us gifting them 3 pathetic goals

Lennon and Defoe I thought had excellent games, Verts was good again, Siggy defo better on the left but still feel we shouldve brought on Townsend to run at the booked Ivanovic or move across Lennon, some strange decisions from AVB

Losing Bale & Dembele was huge, CFC wouldnt have been the same attacking wise without say Mata and Hazard / Torres / Oscar, those 3 werent great for me

Obviously gutted to lose but given the nature of the performance with the two class players missing I dont feel too fudging off performance wise

Spurs fans apart from a 20 minute spell were utter brick again today, the atmosphere we once had has gone for good I feel now

Spot on Mark. Back in the hotel now having read through the OMT.

Gutted we lost (obviously), but bearing in mind the 2 big losses, I thought we gave them a tougher game than expected.
Didnt realise we outshot them as much as we did when I saw the stats.
4-2 was a little harsh, the last save by Cech was a heartbreaker really thought it was sneaking in. On another day..who knows.

Spot on Mark. Back in the hotel now having read through the OMT.

Gutted we lost (obviously), but bearing in mind the 2 big losses, I thought we gave them a tougher game than expected.
Didnt realise we outshot them as much as we did when I saw the stats.
4-2 was a little harsh, the last save by Cech was a heartbreaker really thought it was sneaking in. On another day..who knows.

Indeed, add to that the flick shot Defoe had about 10 mins earlier (?), was every bit as close and Cech made an excellent save.

I actually didn't but now I'm off to have a gander ;)

You see - virtually identical ratings. I was a little harsher generally but we marked everyone within 1 point of each other.

The only two minor disagreements were Dempsey and Ade. I thought both of these has poor games You scored them 6 (compared to my 4) - and indeed your Ade comments would seem not to warrant a 6.;)

is it true kyle walker has deleted his twitter account after abuse from spurs fans?

He was awful today, but he doesn't deserve to be subjected to that. You get your frustrations out at the ground/at home watching it on tv. When the game stops, try your best to let it go. I'm trying to get to a stage where a loss only gets to me for about half an hour. No point getting so worked up over it and nothing can top last season's disappointment, except maybe Arsenal winning the treble and Spurs getting relegted double whammy.

Cech hasn't been the same keeper since Hunt kicked him in the head and is prone to making blunders and yet he's always quality against us ](*,)

Its part of the Chelski curse over us. He was brilliant today - several top notch saves and his handling was for the most part impeccable otherwise we could easily have had a couple of follow up goals. Damn it Janet!

You see - virtually identical ratings. I was a little harsher generally but we marked everyone within 1 point of each other.

The only two minor disagreements were Dempsey and Ade. I thought both of these has poor games You scored them 6 (compared to my 4) - and indeed your Ade comments would seem not to warrant a 6.;)

I had some sympathy for him today.
He was filling in for Bale (!!!!) and when you don't have Bale's speed, it is critical that people show up inside and in advancing positions for you. I felt Sigurdsson just did not move smartly at all, let alone for him/for the team on the day. It's as though he forgot Bale wasn't out there. Both Dempsey and Sig played much better IMHO when they switched after HT, but again, a lot of our breakdowns came from that "#10" playmaker role not quite playmaking enough IMHO. Ade? Probably being generous!!!!

He was awful today, but he doesn't deserve to be subjected to that. You get your frustrations out at the ground/at home watching it on tv. When the game stops, try your best to let it go. I'm trying to get to a stage where a loss only gets to me for about half an hour. No point getting so worked up over it and nothing can top last season's disappointment, except maybe Arsenal winning the treble and Spurs getting relegted double whammy.

=D>

I think Sig would be better off starting deeper alongside the other two CMs right now and then advance forward with the team. Right now with Defoe being in the side he's just getting lost in the space between midfield and attack.

I think Sig would be better off starting deeper alongside the other two CMs right now and then advance forward with the team. Right now with Defoe being in the side he's just getting lost in the space between midfield and attack.

It's very frustrating, because he was essentially bought (as I understand it) to be precisely 'that' player, yet he seems to lack the confidence and 'brass' to actually play it. He can doubtless find spaces, he's doubtless a tidy player in some aspects, but we have yet to see him break out of his shell with us. I only hope he can, and does not become a JJ, where you can see what he could be but it never actually happens! Right now, for me, he doesn't start when everyone is fit (sadly).

p.s. the suggestion you made was actually one of the things I felt he needed to do for Dempsey during the first-half when Dempsey was on the ball. Without the speed of Bale, Dempsey was always going to spend more time looking for a quick pass option inside/someone to 'show up'...given the fact that Hudd was clearly not taking up that role with any great conviction, and given how the CMs swap off in AVB's set up, he could've dropped in and collected deeper more (as you suggest) and Sandro could've driven forward and left Hudd to sit deep.

I think the one thing we can take from this game is that Hugo Lloris should be our regular first choice goalkeeper from now on.

That's not to say that all four goals we conceded were entirely his fault - collectively our defence had a nightmare - but I thought he should have done far better with the goals than he did.

Other positives were the excellent performances from Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe and I also thought Gylfi Sigurdsson did very well indeed.

It's also important to remember that last season, Spurs had Ledley King, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale available, all of whom were absent today for various reasons.

We simply aren't as strong as we were last season but that may well change in time once our new players have amassed a bit more experience playing together.

I think the one thing we can take from this game is that Hugo Lloris should be our regular first choice goalkeeper from now on.

That's not to say that all four goals we conceded were entirely his fault - collectively our defence had a nightmare - but I thought he should have done far better with the goals than he did.

Other positives were the excellent performances from Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe and I also thought Gylfi Sigurdsson did very well indeed.

It's also important to remember that last season, Spurs had Ledley King, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale available, all of whom were absent today for various reasons.

We simply aren't as strong as we were last season but that may well change in time once our new players have amassed a bit more experience playing together.

Er.. Not particularly. Whilst i agree with the intent and that Lloris should be our first choice keeper. That is not due to anything seen in this game in particular.

King, Ekotto, Parker, Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart, Ade all started the game last season. Looking back I can't believe we didn't finish 3rd ... we sure did screw that up.

King, Ekotto, Parker, Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart, Ade all started the game last season. Looking back I can't believe we didn't finish 3rd ... we sure did screw that up.

This. And it wil ever be more painful as Chelski spend their way away from us. No matter ow many roubles Roman flased, it would only have been academic had we guarenteed our place. Sigh.

Anyway, did today's match give clues to others in the Prem (e.g. Manure next week) about how to attack/beat Chelski?

Two further questions:

- Was this game the equivalent of last season's Chelsea 3 - Arsenal 5?
- If we played the same way (in terms of tactics and personel) against Arsenal at home, how would we get on?

First of all that was a cracking game of football-apart from a couple of trips played fairly and well reffed.
I thought any result would have been fair-Ade could have secured a draw-with an earlier substitution of Hudd maybe we could have hung on to the lead but at the end of the day they had a£20 mill player that won them the game.
I have just got in and I have not read any posts but I assume that many will think as I do that Walker needs to look at Ashley Cole's performance today and grow up.

credit to the boys for getting us ahead. that's a big positive, given the (lack of) quality in the squad. Lennon deserves special mention for trying to take on the whole chelsea attack. overall fitness levels are very good, but we still look poor at freekicks.

The negatives:
- I thought I saw the teamwork breakdown soon after the equalizer...the players weren't encouraging each other, but lots of pointing, blaming, and public strops.
- Dempsey and Ade still looked poor, unsure how to play etc... we need to get our players in early, Levy!
- Lack of cover: LB, LW, RB, Creative midfielder... and we should have retained Rose

-

Spot on. The attacking options Chel$ki had today were truly amazing. And up against an old CB (Gallas), and young CB (Caulker) a CB playing LB (Verts) and a midfield shorn of it's two most dynamic assets (Dembele and Bale) it's no surprise they did a job on us. Onwards and upwards a couple of January signings and we'll be fine.

To my shame, I have only just seen the goals.

Surely their 3rd and 4th were both offside?

No doubt discussed earlier in the thread, but I don't have time to trawl back as I'm just going to work!!

Back