• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

Did anyone mention that 4 of the players in our line up are new to the team and we also had a number of key injury's?

That's why I thought we did okay, but defence was always going to the big question mark - and answered, and our 1st choice RB, really shouldn't be. But we have to back him up to learn and not make mistakes; give him a breather.

We need to spend in January. Spend something. Move on the few players we don't need (Gomes, Bentley permanently, even Dawson if necessary :( ), but for GHod's sake Levy, spend on the two players we need to finish up this squad. Moutinho and an AM, please.

We all know the score by now. We will leave it till the last day of the window and miss out on our prime target. Hope I'm wrong.

Bale is fantastic and they rest is average. Against united he was made all three goals. Today we had lost this before having played.

Best striker is on the bench, best keeper aint playing.

When i look at Livermore coming on, i really laugh. Hes so poor and yet hes gets to play in a big game like that. What the fcuk.

Bale is fantastic and they rest is average. Against united he was made all three goals. Today we had lost this before having played.

Best striker is on the bench, best keeper aint playing.

When i look at Livermore coming on, i really laugh. Hes so poor and yet hes gets to play in a big game like that. What the fcuk.

Agree Ade is a better player, but Defoe is in brick hot form and cannot be dropped right now.

We all know the score by now. We will leave it till the last day of the window and miss out on our prime target. Hope I'm wrong.

If we get even one of the two, we'll do okay. But, without Dembele's ball retention, without his dribbling runs forward, and without his under-rated defensive abilities alongside Sandro, we will struggle against any side, not just Chelsea. Someone like him is absolutely pivotal. I don't see how Levy can justify not signing someone; he appoints a new manager but then refuses to back him, even when we've made a profit on the summer window and have barely spent anything over the past few seasons, relative to our rivals.

The new stadium is an annoying elephant in the room, relative to this point. Sigh.

AVB made only 1 mistake to me....

1) Starting Defoe i thought was a mistake but it wasn't.
2) Starting friedel was not a mistake (you might disagree but it's a like for like replacement).
3) The formation wasn't a mistake.
4) Not going 4-4-2 at the start of the second half wasn't a mistake
5) Not putting Ade in earlier wasn't a mistake.

The only mistake imo was the livermore sub. I understand huddlestone had to go off due to fitness but it went 2-2 so putting Townsend on and dropping Sig to Hudds deeper position was what should have happened. oh well.

2) Starting friedel was not a mistake (you might disagree but it's a like for like replacement).

The only mistake imo was the livermore sub. I understand huddlestone had to go off due to fitness but it went 2-2 so putting Townsend on and dropping Sig to Hudds deeper position was what should have happened. oh well.

Agree with this. Kind of asking for it by putting Livermore on, I know we were under the cosh a bit, but were the home team, put an attacking player on.

We need to spend in January. Spend something. Move on the few players we don't need (Gomes, Bentley permanently, even Dawson if necessary :( ), but for GHod's sake Levy, spend on the two players we need to finish up this squad. Moutinho and an AM, please.

Dawson is necessary - on the pitch.

no way he'd have put in TWO lame-ass clearances straight the opposition.

I think AVB fudged up with the team selection. Lets disregard that I dont rate either Dempsey or Sig - I felt playing 4231 with Defoe on the left and Ade up front will have worked better than Sig and Depsey playing. Failing that lets give Townsend a go and play 442? or stick to 4231 and play Dempsey in the hole behind Defoe and Townsend on left.

I just felt anything was better than playing with nine men in first half.

I dont know how fit Ade is I dont know if he played THE FULL 90 FOR Togo so im going on the assumption he is fit.

starting Defoe on the left? come off it mate. If AVB did that we'd have thought he was mentally unstable. defoe played well second half when moved to the left but starting there? no way.

starting Defoe on the left? come off it mate. If AVB did that we'd have thought he was mentally unstable. defoe played well second half when moved to the left but starting there? no way.

I thought him cutting in on his right foot as he does have a powerful shot etc. And yeah he did play left. I actually said before the game lets put Defoe on the left. Try something different. Sig doesnt have the pace to play on the left and you could see that hindered Vert a bit (as he wasnt that great second half misplaced passes etc)

I guess this game shows one thing? We desperately need cover on the wings and still need someone in the middle (although Hudd played well and Parker to come back and Dembele injured)

Back