• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Aston Villa***

Janssen would have looked a lot better coming on as a sub against tiring defenders rather than being the one that worked them for 60 minutes.

Given that we paid £17 million for him I'd say we're entitled to expect him to be able to do something in the 60 minutes he did have that would have justified leaving him on the pitch.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

As I said loudly to my son at half time (for the benefit of my moaning friends around me) "this is what you get when Eriksen is not playing", but I'm probably wrong, we really needed someone getting stuck in.

Didn't see minute one of this encounter and wasn't fussed. It was fcukin' Villa, one of the saddest stories in all of football out there, looking to desperately force a replay to give their despairing fans hope.

So pleased they were denied that.

Also pleased to see that both here and on his own thread, Janssen isn't getting ripped to threads for not scoring. It is to the eternal credit of most Spurs fans that Bobby Soldado wasn't fed into the blender when he failed to live up to expectations. Now, we are largely displaying equally generous and patient attitudes regarding a much younger player with immense potential.

Win or draw, score or not score, today should never have been used as the day to define Vincent Janssen.

Last edited:
Given that we paid £17 million for him I'd say we're entitled to expect him to be able to do something in the 60 minutes he did have that would have justified leaving him on the pitch.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You had me interested until the phrase "we're entitled..." .

YOU might feel entitled, Sunshine, but what you feel doesn't entitle you to speak for others.

Job done today, the squad players did well, we were rock solid. Sissoko with another assist, a very good one too.

Janssen done himself no favours though, very poor. I'm still in the 'give him time' camp but unless he shows something better than today, I don't think Poch will give him time, and will instead use Son upfront when he wants an alternative to Kane.

Formation didn't suit us with Dier in the 2 he plays it deeper than Wanyama and therefore we had too many players behind the ball and not enough options in front. Obviously the quicker movement upfront helped once Alli was on. One thing I did notice, as its the first time I've seen him play live, is that I thought CCV distribution was a bit slow at times missing several opportunities to get the ball going forward quicker. Mainly noticed in the first half as I was sitting in the North Upper today. Not to say he won't improve that, but it's the one thing I thought he needed to improve to step it up.

The formation for us was totally wrong for the players we were up against

It's easy to say in himdsight but playing a more adventurous set up would have suited the team better and we looked much more fluid with a back 4

3 at the back works well against top sides and against long ball sides but I couldn't even pigeon hole villa as any sort of side today, just a poor one

Jansenn was poor but the service again was woeful. Several times he moved, checked, moved again and son took 5 touches before hitting a villa defender

How did Danny Murphy name Trippier man of the match? I thought he was quite poor today in comparison with his good performance against Watford. Winks for me was clearly Spurs most consistent player and before GKN came on looked the most likely to create a chance.

Yeah, I would have given it to Winks - or at the very least Davies, since he started and scored a goal (despite looking less than completely comfortable with that wing-back role at times).

@Pirate55 , you called us playing the back 3 with the backup players iirc. Well predicted!

He did a good while ago and at that time I thought that @Pirate55 had slightly lost his marbles especially give that I had bad memories of us playing 3 at the back under Glenn Hoddle. I also felt that we didn't have the technical level of player who could do that as I don't think we'd had signed Toby A at that time. I am delighted to report that I was wrong on both Counts, The Pirate is in fact in full possession of his marbles and we can indeed play 3 at the back. Hurrah!

Back