• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL ***

Great time to score.

They were starting to look a bit like Mourihno’s Porto team, hopefully they’ll be less comfortable having to attack.

1-0, I'll take that. Poch needs to smash Son head first into a locker and shout at the rest of them, then we should win easily. Son will score now I've said this, but I would sub him for Llorente asap.

Weird half. We looked quite poor, and could have been two down heading into the break - instead, we find ourselves one up off the back of the only chance we managed to create all game, apart from Son's misplaced header.

Winks has been at the heart of most of our good moments - it's been a good performance from him. Toby's been good. Aurier, Sanchez and Davies were okay. Lloris had little to do, but that lazy clearance which ricocheted off Sanchez was almost unforgivably bad. Dier's been okay, Son's been largely anonymous - ditto Sissoko. Kane's huffed and puffed, but missed a few opportunities to play team-mates in and looked frustrated before his goal.

And poor Trippier, stationed out on the left, has been uttertly pointless. Not even bad - just pointless. APOEL leave that side entirely undefended because they *know* that, 1,000,000,000% of the time, he will cut onto his right foot for an inswinging cross or backpass - a completely pointless affair. Defensively, he's been...*okay*, I guess, but offensively a brick would have been more useful out on the left - at least the ball might have bounced off an edge and caused a moment of unpredictability in that scenario. With Trippier on the left, there is no unpredictability - you know what he will do, every single time.

Really raises my hackles, this experiment with Trippier out on the left. :mad: I wish I knew what Poch's reasoning was - he must have a reason for it that I'm just not seeing.

Toby has had a very shaky one IMO.

The score masks a disjointed error strewn performance. Dier and Winks have been good, Sanchez not bad too, the rest meh.

Weird half. We looked quite poor, and could have been two down heading into the break - instead, we find ourselves one up off the back of the only chance we managed to create all game, apart from Son's misplaced header.

Winks has been at the heart of most of our good moments - it's been a good performance from him. Toby's been good. Aurier, Sanchez and Davies were okay. Lloris had little to do, but that lazy clearance which ricocheted off Sanchez was almost unforgivably bad. Dier's been okay, Son's been largely anonymous - ditto Sissoko. Kane's huffed and puffed, but missed a few opportunities to play team-mates in and looked frustrated before his goal.

And poor Trippier, stationed out on the left, has been uttertly pointless. Not even bad - just pointless. APOEL leave that side entirely undefended because they *know* that, 1,000,000,000% of the time, he will cut onto his right foot for an inswinging cross or backpass - a completely pointless affair. Defensively, he's been...*okay*, I guess, but offensively a brick would have been more useful out on the left - at least the ball might have bounced off an edge and caused a moment of unpredictability in that scenario. With Trippier on the left, there is no unpredictability - you know what he will do, every single time.

Really raises my hackles, this experiment with Trippier out on the left. :mad: I wish I knew what Poch's reasoning was - he must have a reason for it that I'm just not seeing.

Inswinging pointless except for when he's putting in directly on Son's head about 3 yards out right?

Back