• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL ***

That wasn't great was it?

Good to get the points but they could have been out of sight at half time.

We haven't actually played to our best this season - Everton aside

Not a great performance, but xG stats suggesting we were the rightful winners. Flattering result, obviously, but who cares, we got the three points on a long travel in Europe. That's not every day with Tottn'm!

I think there was an article last season where Winks said that Parker is his idol or something.

Erm...I love RAF Group Captain Scotty P, but..y'know, out of Xavi, Scholes, Pirlo, Modric and other great deep-lying playmakers of the modern era..

..I mean, come on, who would choose Scott Parker as their idol over those blokes? o_O

Erm...I love RAF Group Captain Scotty P, but..y'know, out of Xavi, Scholes, Pirlo, Modric and other great deep-lying playmakers of the modern era..

..I mean, come on, who would choose Scott Parker as their idol over those blokes? o_O

May be not an idol as such, but Winks has said Parker was a big influence on him when he played for us previously.
"I think when I first trained with the first team he was near the end of his time at Spurs and I was in and out of the sessions.

"As a young scholar just looking up to someone like Scott and training with him it was more like I was in awe of him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...fifth-round-preview-harry-winks-a7586996.html

I don't think we were unjust winners. They aimed to hit us on the counter and created some half chances, but never really carved us open. In fact we actually did create some decent chances before the goal we did score, with a couple of blocked shots and some brick final passes ruining decent breaks. Even Kane was guilty in the first half of being greedy on a couple of occasions when others (Winks for instance) could've been in if passed to. I don't think the commentator helped as his commentating was fairly drab, but we were never as bad as some seem to think.

Happy with the big win. But not really impressed with our performance. In fact, Apoel almost embarassed us as they created too many chances for our liking. They could have scored at least 2 goals if they had a striker like Kane. Fortunately, they didn't make use of their chances while we scored from almost all our chances. But we need to play much better if we want to get something from the Real Madrid matches.

Credit to Kane for this hattrick. He took all his goals well. Amazingly, Kane is only the second English player to score in 4 consecutive CL matches after Gerrard. The last time Kane scored a hattrick in Europe was against Asteras in EL 2015 when Lloris got red carded and Kane ended up in goal, conceding a comedy goal immediately. No wonder Pochettino replaced Kane so early this time ! But it is disappointing that we have to rely almost entirely on Kane for goals so far this season. Was hoping Llorente or Son can score as well. Instead Llorente didn't even get any chance after coming on.

I think our midfield had a mixed match. Players like Sissoko played well in patches but we failed to control the match fully as Apoel created far too many chances. Credit to Sissoko though for assisting the second goal for Kane with a inch perfect pass. Winks did decently after coming on but he needs to improve his finishing for all his dribbling skills. Was surprised to see an unknown player Georgiou coming on late in the match. Thought it would have been better to give chance to more established youngsters.

Glad our defence kept the clean sheet but we really rode our luck. They hit the post while Lloris and Sanchez almost scored a comedy own goal ! Surely we cannot afford to make such mistakes against Real Madrid. we missed Vertonghen but this season our defence have not been as tight as last season. Hope we can get back to the level of last season as the season progresses. Credit to Trippier for assisting Kane's third goal with a perfect cross. Trippier has not been at his best this season. Hope he will get back his best form after this.

It is great to win both our CL matches so far. But we need to improve our performance when we play Real Madrid home and away next. Hope we will have all our injured players back by then.

Back