• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Wimbledon ***

There is also no K in anything.

And specific being "pacific" also drives me nuts.

plus the consistent miss use of your/you're there/their/they're

Im no grammar nazi, but that sort of thing is just bloody lazy and it winds me up.

Think of it as the evolution of language, my liege. Nary double centuries hence, one would forsake thine own eyeballs for speaking in such manner as you do, and yay and forsooth it shall change now and shall change again before a hundred more moons have encircled this earth.

Ask will become either Axe or Arcs... it is just a matter of time.

Think of it as the evolution of language, my liege. Nary double centuries hence, one would forsake thine own eyeballs for speaking in such manner as you do, and yay and forsooth it shall change now and shall change again before a hundred more moons have encircled this earth.

Ask will become either Axe or Arcs... it is just a matter of time.

OPTQKiT.jpg

I went along to today's match, and here are some semi-random thoughts.

I should have worn my long johns.

<snip>

So, in summary: a frustrating first half, followed by a second half that led to a win that was less comfortable than the scoreline suggested. The best bit of the day was definitely making it to the pub just at the point when Forest had been awarded their first penalty. I have to say the crowd in the pub was a good deal more animated and lively than the crowd in Wembley, although as I barely cheered all match, I am in no position to complain.

Spoiler alert.

Good to win and progress to the Round 4 of the FA Cup. Annoying that this match was not shown on TV anywhere. But reports say this was another unconvincing performance in the Cup competitions under Pochettino. For all our dominance, it was tense until we scored in the second half while they also had chances to score. Pochettino really need to improve our performances in the Cups if we want to win the FA Cup this season.

Credit to Kane and Vertonghen for the goals. Good to see Kane getting back his goal scoring form even if it was against a League 1 team like AFC Wimbledon. I think this match proves that Kane and Llorente cannot play together as Kane only scored after Llorente was taken off. It was a well taken goal by Vertonghen. Amazing that it was Vertonghen's first goal for us in 4 years. Others like Lamela and Son too had chances to score but didn't make use of them.

Good to see Wanyama and Dembele starting in midfield. They should be our first choice midfield partnership but they need to get back their best form first. Credit to Sissoko for assisting our first goal for Kane. Also wanted Nkoudou to make an impact after coming on but too bad he didn't have much impact. Too bad we have now sent Nkoudou on loan to Burnley since then.

It is always good when our defence keep the clean sheet even against lower division teams. But we did rode our away a few times as they had chances to score. Thought it was a gamble by Pochettino to play the inexperienced Foyth in defence even against a League 1 team like AFC Wimbledon. Fortunately, we managed to stop them scoring.

It is really enjoyable when we win. But we need to play much better against stronger teams if we want to go all the way to win the FA Cup this season. Also, satisfied that we will be facing League 2 team, Newport, in Round 4. Hope we will play much better and get a convincing win against them to progress to the next stage.

Back