• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

We're fudged, aren't we? I'll be very happy to escape this one with a point. Hopefully Veliz will get some game time and we won't get any more injuries or red cards.

We’re clearly underpowered scraping together a patchwork side….but we’re certainly not fudged. And I’d back as to win. Because I’m biased but also because whoever plays will play with courage (under Ange). At home, with something to prove after the last game I think we’ll deliver points.

Who will stand up and control midfield? Which of our forwards will tuck the ball in the net? For me these are the questions we need to answer today.

We still have the firepower up front to blow teams away, just need Sonny and Richie to turn up.

Please Spurs can we just get thorugh this one, then it should really be just one more league match before we see VDV and Maddison in a Spurs shirt.
If we could be still sat in 5th position on Jan 29th that would be some acheivement given what we have had to deal with

Not sure why people are negative about Royal and Davies? They’ve played well. Two of our most switched on dependable players in the last few games. The same can’t be said for our attacking players and our midfield hasn’t been able to control games. But our back four and keeper have done well. Strange.

We miss Maddison, Bentancur and even Bissouma being able to dictate the tempo and control the game. Is Bissouma out today?
Hasn't Royal given away possession quite a lot?

Good feeling about this one getting better. I think their good form might oddly help us. They'll fancy themselves and not sit 10 men behind the ball (hopefully)

Screenshot_20231231_115907.jpg
I would drop Son, because 1) I think he could do with a rest; 2) He can come on against tired defenders; 3) Our bench lacks any threat otherwise; 4) We need to get Véliz match fit. 5) Véliz got a goal, so let's see if he can carry that confidence into this game.

Last edited:
Hasn't Royal given away possession quite a lot?

His passing out is not a patch on Romero, but who’s is? Defensively he has been absolutely brilliant. We spent most of the Brighton game chasing from behind and he mopped up everything, wasn’t beaten once. The goals werent because of Davies and Royal. Their awareness and defending is actually top level. They lack some pace, strength and height and they can’t play out as well as the best. But they are actually doing exceptionally well at CB. as noted it’s our midfield that is lacking a player like Bentancur or Maddison to control the game; and our forwards who are lacking some freshness/rotation.

View attachment 16536
I would drop Son, because 1) I think he could do with a rest; 2) He can come on against tired defenders; 3) Our bench lacks any threat otherwise; 4) We need to get Véliz match fit. 5) Véliz got a goal, so let's see if he can carry that confidence into this game.

Part of the reason we could sell Kane, is the forward in Postecoglous system is often a workhorse. He doesn’t necessarily need a brilliant forward. They need to run a lot and close down the ball and be there for the types of goals Richarlison has scored recently - the tap in from crosses. So Veliz should start to come on earlier for Richi. But I wouldn’t move him out wide my self, he’s finding form through the middle now.

I wonder if recall Spence is an option to allow Porro to sub for Kulu further forward.

Will be interesting to see what Ange does. Important to bounce back quickly, but won't be an easy game. Kulusevski missing too for this one. Hopefully we'll start well.

Will be interesting to see what Ange does. Important to bounce back quickly, but won't be an easy game. Kulusevski missing too for this one. Hopefully we'll start well.

I think we know what he’ll do, more of the same.

I don’t see a system change sadly.

With who we have available, I’d bring Dier into a back three and push Udogie and Porro up for width, play Son and Richi as a two with the fittest 3 MF’s we have.

View attachment 16536

I do like this idea and I appreciate that you have acknowledged it's what you would do rather than what Ange will do. It's just hard to see Son being dropped even if he could do with the rest, whoever has been in charge it just doesn't ever seem to happen (apart from when he came in against Leicester to score a hatrick of course).

Veliz could definitely do with minutes, especially if we don't get anyone else attacking wise in the January window.

The diagram formation is interesting as it shows how little difference there is between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3, it's a bit arbitrary as they're pretty much the same thing....

Not sure why people are negative about Royal and Davies? They’ve played well. Two of our most switched on dependable players in the last few games. The same can’t be said for our attacking players and our midfield hasn’t been able to control games. But our back four and keeper have done well. Strange.

We miss Maddison, Bentancur and even Bissouma being able to dictate the tempo and control the game. Is Bissouma out today?
They've been good defensively but don't give us the same platform to play out from the back as Romero and VdV

Back