• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

You should have heard Danny Mills on Five Live. I made the mistake of tuning in on my terrace tranny. Every single negative angle you could possibly spin on anything to do with Spurs. The commentator was actually trying to say a few positive things about us, but Mills was relentless with the down-beat every time. We dominated the first half but should have scored at least two more than we did; the players are great but they're all on everyone's radar now, their heads will all be turned if big offers come in; new contracts, yes, but contracts mean nothing; Spurs don't pay their players big money, they're the worst payers in the top six, big offers from China or Man U et al., and Alli's head will be turned, Rose's and Walker's heads will be turned, Kane's head, etc. etc., it will be very difficult for their heads not to be turned; there's the new stadium coming but it might not be finished on time; it's supposed to be ready for the start of the 2018 season but we don't know it'll be complete by then, and even if it is, it will be a couple of seasons before that makes a difference to what Spurs pay; Kane and Alli and Rose and Walker and Lloris and Alderweireld will all be thinking they deserve parity with other top players, and on and on and on and on.
He is a total hampton as is 99% of the media these days

I don't think you get it: when all top 6 are clicked into gear, we're the better team of the lot hands down. Don't be impressed by the names on the rosters. We can beat the lot when we're in top form, no matter how top form they are.

Years of following Spurs (and I mean years), means no matter how well we play, its there, niggling in the back of my mind, that when push comes to shove we will fail. I really hope you're right and wish I could be so fully confident in the team, but the doubt is still there.
These last few seasons the faith is slowly building.

Last season I couldn't bring myself to believe we could win the title, until leaving the Britannia in April. The first time in my life I really thought I might see us win the title and then we blew the WBA match. 2-0 up at Chelsea I couldnt get excited because deep down I had a feeling we would blow the lead.
The killer blow that brought all the doubt back. From the position we were in with 2 matches even I didnt think we could finish below Arsenal, but it happened and all the all doubts come rushing back ready for this season.

I admire your confidence. I know we are a good team. And I do believe we have a good chance of winning next week, we have had good success there. The slip-ups I see, are Anfield (just dont know why we cant seem to win there) and have a feeling we will drop points at either Burnley or Leciester. And one of those last 2 home matches.

was talking to people at half time/after the game and you can tell there's a real buzz about the club at the moment - guys in their 50s/60s saying this is the most excited they've been about a Tottenham team in their lifetime - even people i have known to slag Levy off at every opportunity are coming round to giving him some credit.

kinda wish we had one year more at WHL because i reckon we'd be in with a great shot at the title next year if we were still there

Years of following Spurs (and I mean years), means no matter how well we play, its there, niggling in the back of my mind, that when push comes to shove we will fail. I really hope you're right and wish I could be so fully confident in the team, but the doubt is still there.
These last few seasons the faith is slowly building.

Last season I couldn't bring myself to believe we could win the title, until leaving the Britannia in April. The first time in my life I really thought I might see us win the title and then we blew the WBA match. 2-0 up at Chelsea I couldnt get excited because deep down I had a feeling we would blow the lead.
The killer blow that brought all the doubt back. From the position we were in with 2 matches even I didnt think we could finish below Arsenal, but it happened and all the all doubts come rushing back ready for this season.

I admire your confidence. I know we are a good team. And I do believe we have a good chance of winning next week, we have had good success there. The slip-ups I see, are Anfield (just dont know why we cant seem to win there) and have a feeling we will drop points at either Burnley or Leciester. And one of those last 2 home matches.

Burnley will be hard as they play well at home and we have a poor record there

Palace will be too as they will be well organised by then

Pool could be anything as there a good side as too City of course

But at home I'd genuinely be Suprised if we dropped a point

We're better than united and Arsenal and their the two hardest we have left to play

I'd expect us to have a tight one vs someone like boro may be

The team look oiled, in a groove. Benefit of playing the same side with players who are settled. Toby has had a few games to get back into the swing, and should kick on from here. He didn't look as in the groove as the rest. Maybe Kane too. But after his 3, his confidence will be up!

After Villa, Poch seems to have found a way to overload defensive teams. Verts doing a great job being another midfielder as we attack. Rose and Walker popping up in defence - rather than the other way round. Our passing has been much better, and we have a calm focus on the job in hand now.

Verts will be a loss, as he was in that groove, but a chance for Wimmer or Davies, and some sub appearances for CCV potentially.

The team look oiled, in a groove. Benefit of playing the same side with players who are settled. Toby has had a few games to get back into the swing, and should kick on from here. He didn't look as in the groove as the rest. Maybe Kane too. But after his 3, his confidence will be up!

After Villa, Poch seems to have found a way to overload defensive teams. Verts doing a great job being another midfielder as we attack. Rose and Walker popping up in defence - rather than the other way round. Our passing has been much better, and we have a calm focus on the job in hand now.

Verts will be a loss, as he was in that groove, but a chance for Wimmer or Davies, and some sub appearances for CCV potentially.

Just seems we have hit the groove since the CL campaign ended. Just like last season. Hopefully when it restarts in February it doesnt distract us

was talking to people at half time/after the game and you can tell there's a real buzz about the club at the moment - guys in their 50s/60s saying this is the most excited they've been about a Tottenham team in their lifetime - even people i have known to slag Levy off at every opportunity are coming round to giving him some credit.

kinda wish we had one year more at WHL because i reckon we'd be in with a great shot at the title next year if we were still there

37 years of supporting Spurs and this is the most excited I've been, I think. We are so lucky to be watching this young team develop. Let's enjoy it!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back