• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs stoke

If nayenezgani was a Stoke player, who would he be?

• Total voters
Indeed. I can remember thrashing a few 0-1 as well. Wigan, Hull and Stoke at home in recent seasons spring to mind

Indeed, i think we have a very good side which with a bit of luck will get better but if i was to be picky about our performances over the last 12 months then we do not make the most of the chances we create.

Not having a go at any of the players but we do need to be more clinical with the amount of chances we create.

Indeed, i think we have a very good side which with a bit of luck will get better but if i was to be picky about our performances over the last 12 months then we do not make the most of the chances we create.

Not having a go at any of the players but we do need to be more clinical with the amount of chances we create.

Its symptomatic of a young team, and an especially young attack.

I believe Poch is working on tightening up our final ball. Actually our finishing is good, its the cross or the pass before the shot that is often loose. Young players who have rush of blood and stop focusing for a split second.

I think our final ball is getting quite good...take Walker for instance. Composed and measured approaching their box, and rather than lamp it in aimlessly he calmly picks out Dele. like last season at Southampton actually.

If the score was 7-0, Stoke could not complain. Deli's miss, Eriksen on another day would have scored one of his hits, plus Son's opportunity to put a player through on a couple of our counters.

Good result, extremely helpful to have Eriksen play well, Son, Alli & Kane get on scoresheet.

- We need to control the game more out of the blocks, a couple of times this season we have looked shaky vs. a high tempo start from opposition for first 20 minutes.
- I agree with @SpurMeUp several player had opportunities to put a player into a dangerous position (either to shoot or provide final pass/cross) and wasn't well executed, or wrong choice made. All part of improving.

It is always great to get a big win especially when we play well. It is even better when your strikers and regular goal scorers like Kane and Alli starts scoring again. Too bad Janssen didn't manage to score as well. We did start poorly but managed to improve after our first goal. Hope this win will lift our morale to go on a good run this season.

Credit to Son, Alli and Kane for the goals. Just when we thought Son's future at Spurs was in doubt, he comes up with 2 goals. Maybe he will be a key player for us this season. Kane badly needed his goal after not scoring for both us and England for 10 matches or so. Hope he will now go on another goal scoring run like last season. It was nice to see Alli scoring again. He is another player who badly needed the goal after being out of form for some time now. Just wish Janssen had come on and score as well.

Thought our midfield struggled initial but improved greatly as the match progressed. It was encouraging to see Eriksen creating 2 of our goals. Hope he will now be back to his best again. But Wanyama needs to be more carefull in his tacklings. He was very lucky not to get send off in the second half. Afterall, he had many red cards for Southampton last season. Surely, he should learn from that on how to avoid getting red cards.

Big credit to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. Stoke were very poor but our defence did their best to guard our goal even if we got lucky a few times. Lloris didn't have much to the whole match. It felt like Vertonghen and Alderweireld were getting to their best. But we do need to improve a lot when we play much stronger teams later.

It is satisfying to see us being in top 5 in the league at this stage of the season. Hopefully, we will be lifted by this win when we play Monaco in the CL.

Back