• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur B Vs Bayern Munich

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Norwegian commentators just said that this game clearly show Diers limitations: total lack of mobility and creativity.

He's not there for creativity. He also cannot be expected to cover a defense which includes Rose and KWP (both poor), Foyth at CB (bizarre performance) and a forward line which does not fully know how to cover/defend from the front.

I get tired defending Dier because I know what people think of him, but crikey and Karumba, he was on his own out there.

Skipp was really good, and I expect him to be the solid back-up.

I don't want to derail the thread but no I don't consider those selections of players as proof of promotion of youth.

Playing Parrot, Tanganga or Skipp from the begining would indicate it far more. I'm not even attacking him, it just is what it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Tan is refusing to sign a new deal

There is a mix of trying to play youth and sending the youth team out to be slaughtered.

That was grim. Didn't care too much about the game but was hoping for a performance and it couldn't have been much worse. Foyth and Skipp were our best players and that one of them had only 20 mins says a lot.

Very disappointed in Eriksen, Lo Celso, Rose and Dier. KWP is also completely out of his depth.

That was grim. Didn't care too much about the game but was hoping for a performance and it couldn't have been much worse. Foyth and Skipp were our best players and that one of them had only 20 mins says a lot.

Very disappointed in Eriksen, Lo Celso, Rose and Dier. KWP is also completely out of his depth.

Lo Celso did nothing, there again he will come alive with the likes of Son, Kane and Dele around him IMO...

He's not there for creativity. He also cannot be expected to cover a defense which includes Rose and KWP (both poor), Foyth at CB (bizarre performance) and a forward line which does not fully know how to cover/defend from the front.

I get tired defending Dier because I know what people think of him, but crikey and Karumba, he was on his own out there.

Skipp was really good, and I expect him to be the solid back-up.
He doesn't cover anything anyway, and yes, he's largely on his own, because the play and players just whizz past him. I love him, but he's so utterly crap now, that it's time to say goodbye.

Rather Son misses his chances tonight rather a match that really matters

No one, and I mean no one, played well tonight . Our whole performance was off - just like at OT. Really disappointed that none of the new boys played well (Sess took his goal well then disappeared).

Hopefully the last game in a Spurs shirt for Eriksen, Wanyama KWP and Rose. A massive clear out is needed

Meh.

Positives... Sessegnon showing signs of quality. Foyth doing quite well in very difficult circumstances. Gazzaniga fine as was Sissoko again. No injuries. Some answers for Mourinho. Some continuing questions for Mourinho.

Gazzaniga and Foyth were our best players IMO.

We allowed Bayern to fully press us, and tried to launch it long to hit them on the break. This is the classic Mourinho tactic I've been expecting.

Note that at 3-1 we had 2 big chances for Son and some other 2v2 and 3v3 type chances, so Mourinho might be viewing that as a decent performance.

No one, and I mean no one, played well tonight . Our whole performance was off - just like at OT. Really disappointed that none of the new boys played well (Sess took his goal well then disappeared).

Hopefully the last game in a Spurs shirt for Eriksen, Wanyama KWP and Rose. A massive clear out is needed

Where have we heard that before? ;-)

I don't want to derail the thread but no I don't consider those selections of players as proof of promotion of youth.

Playing Parrot, Tanganga or Skipp from the begining would indicate it far more. I'm not even attacking him, it just is what it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
That was a tough game. Even with the players we did start it could easily have been a rather devastating result if Bayern were clinical.

I think for these young players it's not just about time on the pitch, it's about positive experiences, building confidence. Getting spanked by Bayern might do as much to hinder development as to help it.

We got Foyth and Sessegnon out there, playing with at least some players they might play with if they're called on in the league. They can come away with positives from the game, learn from the negatives.

One step at the time

Back