• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Spurs vs Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

Spurs Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wolves

.................Lloris
Trippier...Foyth...Toby...Davies
......Sissoko....Dembele..........
Eriksen......Dele.....Son.
............Kane...........

Winks on at 65 for Dembele

PSV
Gazza
Aurier...Sanchez...Toby...Davies
........Dembele.....Winks.........
Eriksen.....Dele......Moura
..............Kane............

Sissoko on for Dembele at 65

Palace
Lloris
Trippier...Sanchez...Toby...Davies
........Dembele.....Winks.........
Eriksen.....Dele......Son
..............Kane............

But basically its as much as a physio choice as a poch choice this week
Big Opportunity for Skipp and Foyth to stake claims for squad places
Are you trying to kill Dembele?

wolves:

----------------lloris
trippier----sanchez---toby---davies
------sissoko---dembele---winks
-----lamela-----kane-----moura

psv:

----------------gazza*
aurier----foyth---toby----davies
----------sissoko---winks
----eriksen-----dele------son
---------------kane

*edited, forgot Hugo got sent off last game!

Last edited:
When Ledley was ailing I kept hoping a surgeon somewhere would announce a new procedure. Essentially if cartilege has gone, just slip in some plastic substitute...

But it never happened

Will they ever sort out this complex procedure... seems so simple, just find some replacement material and bung it in there.

We've been to the moon for Ghod's sake

Some scientists have developed a hydrogel that you inject as a liquid, and at body temperature it sets as a cartilage replacement. It's mainly being looked at for degrading back discs, but should be able to work in knees as well. It's going through primate trials at the moment, so maybe another 5 or so years away.

Lloris

Tripper Sanchez Toby Davies

Winks Dembele

Sissoko Dele Son

Hazza

subs: Gazzaniga, Moura, Eriksen, Walker-Peters, Aurier, Lamela, Skipp

I'd give Christian a half-game off TBH. Bring him back gradually. Dele's turn to start in the "superstar rehab" process. Like it or not (and I know someone who will be both giggling and considering mod revocation!) Sissoko deserves to start and providing he plays narrow/swaps off with Dele, could well be a necessary fast, strong physical presence. I'd rather play Aurier than Davies right now but won't happen. When we sub Moose off around 60, I'd bring Eriksen in there and risk playing with two "ball-playing" sitters against them. You "could" start Lamela and keep Sissoko on the bench (switch Sonny over) but I'd suggest that shape-wise it makes more sense to play Erik off the bench.

I fully expect us to win.

Lloris

Tripper Sanchez Toby Davies

Winks Dembele

Sissoko Dele Son

Hazza

subs: Gazzaniga, Moura, Eriksen, Walker-Peters, Aurier, Lamela, Skipp

I'd give Christian a half-game off TBH. Bring him back gradually. Dele's turn to start in the "superstar rehab" process. Like it or not (and I know someone who will be both giggling and considering mod revocation!) Sissoko deserves to start and providing he plays narrow/swaps off with Dele, could well be a necessary fast, strong physical presence. I'd rather play Aurier than Davies right now but won't happen. When we sub Moose off around 60, I'd bring Eriksen in there and risk playing with two "ball-playing" sitters against them. You "could" start Lamela and keep Sissoko on the bench (switch Sonny over) but I'd suggest that shape-wise it makes more sense to play Erik off the bench.

I fully expect us to win.

Dembele was shocking against City.. I'd leave him out and try something like:

Lloris

Tripper Foyth Toby Davies

Winks Sissoko

Lamela Eriksen Alli

Son

I'd be tempted to play Son ahead of Kane, hot-streak kind of player and Harry could use more rest before PSV.

Bring Dembele on late if we need to sure things up. Sanchez, Moura, Aurier, Kane and Moose saved for PSV?

Agree that I think we'll still win.

Last edited:
After the disappointing defeat to ManCity last week, we need to get back to winning ways in the league. This will be our first meeting with Wolves since 2012. We do have a good record against Wolves, winning 2 and drawing 2 of our last 4 matches during the 2011 and 2012 seasons. But amazingly we lost home and away to Wolves in 2010 when we did well to qualify to the CL for the first time ever. Wolves started the season in good form, even drawing with ManCity and ManU. But their form have gone down recently, losing their last 2 matches. We need to treat them with due respect and avoid getting complacent against them.

We seem to be having problem scoring goals in the league this season. Disappointingly, we have only scored 2 goals in our last 3 league matches. Ironically, Wolves are the only team who have scored less goals than us among the top 10 teams in the league so far this season. The reason is our regular goal scorers like Kane, Son, Alli and Eriksen have been in poor form this season. Kane has scored 5 league goals but have not scored in 3 league matches now. Son scored 2 goals against West Ham in the League Cup but have not scored in 13 league matches since March. Similarly, Alli and Eriksen have only 1 league goals between them this season. Moura started the season with 3 goals but have not scored in 7 league matches now. Lamela is the only player who have been in good goal scoring form lately but he also missed a good chance against ManCity. Let's hope we will make use of our chances and score a few goals to beat Wolves.

Our midfield seem to be struggling for form this season due to injury problems. Both Wanyama and Dembele don't look fully fit this season. A bit worried about Wanyama as he has not been at his best since having a good first season with us. Not sure if we will ever see Wanyama get back his best form for us. Dier for all his work rate still makes crucial errors every match. Winks have done well recently, so maybe he can come on later in the match. Sissoko did well against Mancity but he still needs to improve his finishing. Somehow feel Sissoko can play a big part in this match. Hope Sissoko can improve his finish though.

Our defence have been great form this season. We have conceded too many soft goals. We are not helped by Vertonghen being out injured. All our defenders have done their fair share of mistakes this season. Even Lloris have made many blunders this season. Hope we can somehow improve our defending. We need to avoid making silly mistakes and concentrate fully in defending. Will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Wolves are the sort of teams we should be beating to stay in the top 4 race. They may have drawn with ManCity but have lost their last 2 matches. We need to be ruthless and clinical in front of goal against them. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Wolves and move up the league table.

Last edited:
Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players available for this match, including Vertonghen. Wolves won't make it easy for us since they are playing at home. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for the magical third goal to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to stay in the top 4 race.

They will be up for it and we have to turn up. I am confident that our first team can pick up some form and start the season again. Alli & Erkissen are a massive loss to any team, especially as we know they do most of the leg work to support our enigma Kane.

If we play to our best we should win.

I'd rather not see three at the back. Maybe a midfield three of Dele, Winks and Sissoko.

Sissoko will keep it quite solid, Winks can run things from there with Dele doing being the more adventurous of the three.

While that makes sense in theory, when is Sissoko ever deployed that way?

He always seems to be used in a more forward capacity, which makes utterly no sense to me.

Id be relatively happy with him doing a pure DM/Dirty work role, but I guarantee - if he plays he will be going box to box, charging up the right hand side and it will be someone like Winks sitting and holding things together.

He always seems to be used in a more forward capacity, which makes utterly no sense to me.

Id be relatively happy with him doing a pure DM/Dirty work role, but I guarantee - if he plays he will be going box to box, charging up the right hand side and it will be someone like Winks sitting and holding things together.

We've used him like that in a three man midfield quite a bit this year.

West Ham away Sissoko played that role I think, with Dier in the middle of the 3: sissoko---dier---winks, that's how I saw them on the pitch anyway.

It's a good position for him I think; he can go wide and attack/wide and defend to help Trippier, but also add numbers to the centre when necessary. He has the athleticism to make it work.

Paid for the Mrs and the step daughter to go out for food then a film tonight so that I could watch the 5.30pm and then our game

I know there’s some tongue in cheek there, but just seen Wolves have conceded four goals in last nine games....
Wow.
Their form guide for HOME matches:

Drew 2-2 v EVE
Drew 1-1 v MNC
Won 1-0 BUR
Won 2-0 SOU
Lost 2-0 WAT
For 9 Against 5
10 points

Last edited:
Back