• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs PSV ***

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Win this and we have a fighting chance. Hopefully there is a bit of atmosphere. Will be shouting and singing.

We are still looking for our first win in the CL this season. And this will be a must-win game against PSV. We really should have beaten them away earlier. It was disappointing to concede the late goal to draw 2-2. Our failure to win that match has now put great pressure on us to win all our remaining matches to progress to the next round. PSV won't make it easier for us. But since we are playing at home, there is no reason why we cannot win this match. Let's hope we will make use of our chances and defend much better to beat them.

We need all our key players to play to their true abilities. Kane and Moura scored both our goals at PSV. Kane has not been at his best so far but still has scored some important goals including against Wolves. Hope Kane get one or more goals in this match. Similiarly want to see Moura have a good game and get among the goals. Lamela really should start this match. Pochettino did a big blunder by not starting Lamela against PSV away which turned out to be costly for us. Hope Lamela can start and inspire us to beat PSV in this match. We also need others like Eriksen, Son and Alli, if fit, do their part to help us win,

Our midfield have not been consistent this season due to non-stop injury problems. Just when we badly need all our injured players back, Dembele has now got injured. With Wanyama and Dier also having injury problems, not sure who will start in midfield in this match. Winks and Sissoko started against Wolves but not sure they will be effective against PSV, especially Winks. I think we will need a more experienced player against PSV. Sissoko's work rate will help us but he really needs to improve his finishing.

Our defence were once rated as one of the best in Europe. But our defending have not been really convincing this season, especially since Vertonghen got injured. Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez and Foyth have made their fair share of mistakes this season. We really need to avoid making any silly errors against PSV. We can learn from Trippier's stupid blunder against Wolves when he tried to showboat and lost the ball in the process which resulted in us conceding the penalty. We need to avoid getting complacent like that and concentrate fully the whole match. It will help us greatly if we can keep the clean sheet in this match.

With us badly needing to win, it is going to be a tense match. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat PSV and keep alive our chances to progress to the next round.

Everybody dance now!

We need to make use of our home advantage against PSV. We need to be ruthless and clinical in front of goal. Let's hope we will do enough to beat PSV and improve our chances to progress to the next round.

So is it Vorm in goal as Lloris is suspended? I’m not sure Gazzaniga is registered in our Champions League squad. In a way I hope I’m wrong as Gazzaniga has actually looked better this season than Vorm

I think Sissoko will start before someone like Skipp. Most likely with Winks (can he handle so many games?)

Alli and Eriksen in to get minutes, Son too - possibly up front.

But this Inter side are very average and whilst psv aren't any better, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game between them ended in a draw or even a psv win.

Yeah anything could happen. If we win today then next challenge is to beat Inter with a better head-to-head.

We should go all out for this -- there was a long, long time when being in the Champions League was just a distant dream.

I think Sissoko will start before someone like Skipp. Most likely with Winks (can he handle so many games?)

Alli and Eriksen in to get minutes, Son too - possibly up front.
Agree, but he just never really rests Kane does he? And in a must win game like this I don't envisage him not starting....

Agree, but he just never really rests Kane does he? And in a must win game like this I don't envisage him not starting....

That did occur to me, and it would be no surprise for Kane to start, really depends on how he rates PSV, either
- Its a must win game, dont take them lightly, full strength 11 to be sure, or
- We should be able to rest a couple, and should because our squad is depleted, and that team can beat PSV anyway (maybe Kane on the bench).

That did occur to me, and it would be no surprise for Kane to start, really depends on how he rates PSV, either
- Its a must win game, dont take them lightly, full strength 11 to be sure, or
- We should be able to rest a couple, and should because our squad is depleted, and that team can beat PSV anyway (maybe Kane on the bench).
Would go with option 2, I really don't think PSV are up to much - still cant believe we didn't win the away game. But cant see Poch doing anything other than putting out his strongest available side....

Would go with option 2, I really don't think PSV are up to much - still cant believe we didn't win the away game. But cant see Poch doing anything other than putting out his strongest available side....

There was little point in Poch resting Sanchez, Alli and Eriksen against Wolves if he wasn't going to go out strong tonight.

My guess at Name The Team:

Gazzaniga
Aurier----Alderweireld----Sanchez----Davies
Sissoko------Winks
Lamela------Eriksen------Dele
Kane​

My guess at Name The Team:

Gazzaniga
Aurier----Alderweireld----Sanchez----Davies
Sissoko------Winks
Lamela------Eriksen------Dele
Kane​
Largely agree although would expect Son to start probably for Lamela. If he doesn't I really don't understand why he was substituted on Saturday!

Also suspect Vorm will be in for Gazza although most of us think Gazza is the better keeper.

Gazza looked a bit iffy with the ball over his head against West Ham. A little less solid than he has done before.

I guess Id go with him, in the interest of his gaining experience - Vorm isnt going to be around forever.

Back