• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Everton ***

Where’s all the experts on here now claiming that we are so much better with Stellini and watch us go ‘with the handbrake off’. Conte obviously wasn’t the answer, but he is far from the biggest problem either. Running out of people to blame for the mess we are in…..

You could see the Conte sacking coming since about January. How have we not got a replacement lined up with so much to play for? Instead, we’re letting Contes assistant, who has limited experience at this level, and Ryan Mason run the show. That’s poor planning.

The Paratici situation - it’s incredible that it’s gotten to this point. The timing may be unfortunate but it’s piling a lot of scrutiny on the club and adding to the sense that we’re a mess. Again, it’s something that you could see coming.

That sort of lack of planning is on Levy.
Exactly it’s all about succession planning. In regards to Conte they should have been thinking about it as soon as he was through the door, every man and his dog knows his track record and there have been signs for a long while - some unfortunate circumstances involved, but that is the whole point of succession planning.….

Because we've pinned these two for the rest of the season.

If we were still looking and chose someone available it could happen sooner.

Has to be someone committed to finishing the season somewhere else, so has to be "someone".

Dyche, proving at Everton that he's a man that can fight relegation, experience we might need next season.

I didn't think that was possible, but the football's even more dier without Conte. Congratulations! People will be talking about Keane's goal but, in reality, we gave the ball away twice or thrice right in front of the penalty area in the early minutes of the second half. Any team with a half-decent forward would have put at least one of these chances to bed. And the less said about what happened after the penalty, the better. There's poor and then there's utter disgrace.

On a side note, I thought the Everton fans did a great job of putting maximum pressure on every decisions. It didn't pay off last night but they never booed their team and the made a lot of noise - at least on the TV feed I was watching, maybe it was different inside the stadium.

PEH was atrocious last night. Don’t get some of the plaudits he gets. Constantly does what you said above. He’s reactive does not read the game that well. Thought Skipp had a poor game also.

Sarr maybe a young prospect but he certainly looks a better player than PEH with the ball at his feet. His passing looks miles ahead. He’s going to make mistakes but just play him. We got two hod carriers in there at the minute. Nothing more. Sarr offers something different.

I think when rested and alongside Bentancur,
PEH is strong. When tired and amidst unstable situations, he tends to play poorly. I also thought he was very poor last night.

Where’s all the experts on here now claiming that we are so much better with Stellini and watch us go ‘with the handbrake off’. Conte obviously wasn’t the answer, but he is far from the biggest problem either. Running out of people to blame for the mess we are in…..

His assistant is in charge, playing the same formation and likely the same training sessions. Anyone expecting a massive change was obviously wrong, but Conte's effect on this team will be felt for a few more months.

His assistant is in charge, playing the same formation and likely the same training sessions. Anyone expecting a massive change was obviously wrong, but Conte's effect on this team will be felt for a few more months.

Definitely different cheeks of the same arse. People using this result as some kind of vindication of Conte when that performance was in the the exact same vision as his teams and performances all season is kind of sweet but misguided. Also to be straight, Conte was right in his rant, not many disagree, but should not of done it in public and he was also in many ways part of the problem, just to add that as some last night wanted to use him as some kind of martyr.

Clubs in right old mess, no question, as mentioned on the other threat yesterday, this summer is critical for the end of the cycle for some of the trash at the club and getting in the right team from top to bottom (I am not expecting a new manager before summer still)

I think when rested and alongside Bentancur,
PEH is strong. When tired and amidst unstable situations, he tends to play poorly. I also thought he was very poor last night.

Bentancur hides PEH weaknesses in my opinion. We need an upgrade in the summer.

Bentancur hides PEH weaknesses in my opinion. We need an upgrade in the summer.

I'd like to see Bentancur alongside Skipp and Bissouma. Both of those have much higher ceilings than PEH. We've not seen anything of Bissouma's ability yet, but he's a really good player.

Playing 3 CMs again will help them all dramatically too, although we need an ACM or 2 to compliment the 5 CMs we already have.

Definitely different cheeks of the same arse. People using this result as some kind of vindication of Conte when that performance was in the the exact same vision as his teams and performances all season is kind of sweet but misguided. Also to be straight, Conte was right in his rant, not many disagree, but should not of done it in public and he was also in many ways part of the problem, just to add that as some last night wanted to use him as some kind of martyr.

Yes, I agree. Seeing the players retreat for 20 minutes after going up 1-0, some people take it as "Conte is right, he wasn't the problem." I was thinking "that's probably how nervous and afraid I'd be of fudging up if I'd just been called out in public by my (ex) boss."

Edit: that's not to say the effort from the players wasn't abysmal, and there's no way we should have drawn against 10 men.

Last edited:

Clubs in right old mess, no question, as mentioned on the other threat yesterday, this summer is critical for the end of the cycle for some of the trash at the club and getting in the right team from top to bottom (I am not expecting a new manager before summer still)
Conte may have been right. But last season he said it was the best group of players he had ever worked with. So who is responsible for the decline? No doubt Conte’s life took a terrible, traumatic turn with the deaths of his compadre and his own illness. But if the guy at the top is not taking responsibility, how can he realistically expect his team to?

Conte may have been right. But last season he said it was the best group of players he had ever worked with. So who is responsible for the decline? No doubt Conte’s life took a terrible, traumatic turn with the deaths of his compadre and his own illness. But if the guy at the top is not taking responsibility, how can he realistically expect his team to?

Exactly, being a manager in any form of life is not about being right and spouting about it, its being right and doing something about it to make things better. He took the option of jumping the ship and cutting the rest a drift, gutless as far as I am concerned in that situation regardless of what he said being right or not.

You could see the Conte sacking coming since about January. How have we not got a replacement lined up with so much to play for? Instead, we’re letting Contes assistant, who has limited experience at this level, and Ryan Mason run the show. That’s poor planning.

The Paratici situation - it’s incredible that it’s gotten to this point. The timing may be unfortunate but it’s piling a lot of scrutiny on the club and adding to the sense that we’re a mess. Again, it’s something that you could see coming.

That sort of lack of planning is on Levy.

Daniel’s a genius, apparently - but, at the same time, he can’t be expected to foresee things obvious to any half-sentient supporter…? Go figure.

We are stuck in Groundhog Day until those at the top change, or at least actually develop a footballing strategy and stick to it.

Not seen anyone using it as vindication of Conte? But we heard people constantly saying on here how we were better when Stellini was managing rather than Conte, it was Conte's arm waving that was the problem whereas Stellini is calmer, and with Conte gone the handbrake will be off and away we go - all utter nonsense. When the fans like a manager they make up all the excuses under the sun for him when things dont go well, when its someone they dont like its all his fault.

The fact is there is something wrong at this club that goes far deeper than any manager, the whole culture isn't right and the decision making from the top in order to push on is to be polite, questionable. Sure Jose and Conte aren't the right fit, but they are far from the real problem....

All thing considered that might be hands down the worst performance from a Spurs team i've seen in the last 4 years. Absolutely embarrassing and i could see it a mile off after we scored.

I think we are in deep trouble throughout the club.

Not seen anyone using it as vindication of Conte? But we heard people constantly saying on here how we were better when Stellini was managing rather than Conte, it was Conte's arm waving that was the problem whereas Stellini is calmer, and with Conte gone the handbrake will be off and away we go - all utter nonsense. When the fans like a manager they make up all the excuses under the sun for him when things dont go well, when its someone they dont like its all his fault.

The fact is there is something wrong at this club that goes far deeper than any manager, the whole culture isn't right and the decision making from the top in order to push on is to be polite, questionable. Sure Jose and Conte aren't the right fit, but they are far from the real problem....
Some did but anyway, I agree the issues extend further.

I'm signed out for the season now TBH, I wanna see a summer rebuild with purpose or I'm fully lost faith with the owners.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Some did but anyway, I agree the issues extend further.

I'm signed out for the season now TBH, I wanna see a summer rebuild with purpose or I'm fully lost faith with the owners.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Summer 2020 should have taught you of all of us that the owners don't see problems until things are staring at them in the fact. And even them it's 50:50 as to whether they see it.
I think their is little football intelligence at board level and things are coming to a head now.
Imagine how they will go about things when Kane goes...

Back