• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Everton ***

Anyone else concerned at the prospect of Everton have 3 CMs in the middle (Gueye, Doucoure and Onana). We often seem to collapse when facing sides that outnumber us in the middle (or does it just feel that way?)
We could replicate what we did against City, to compensate. Considering Everton are nowhere near as potent, it should be less of a risk too.

[
Anyone else concerned at the prospect of Everton have 3 CMs in the middle (Gueye, Doucoure and Onana). We often seem to collapse when facing sides that outnumber us in the middle (or does it just feel that way?)

Not just a feeling, being outnumbered in midfield by people willing to wait and mug you on the break is never a good tactic.

Ok, doing what I can, we always lose when I have a Spurs shirt on at game day, 2 out of 2 wins with my Bob Marley shirt on.. so today its Marley shirt on…

We need a radical new approach. However I fear we don't have the players available for it. Personally, I would shake it up a little and go 442 in defence and 424 in attack.

.......................................Forster..................................

...............Porro........... Romero.....Dier............Lenglet

...............Kulu..............Sarr.........Skipp............Peresic

..................................Kane .....Danjuma...................

We desperately need some new energy in the team. Unfortunately we are so limited with choice. GHod our left side is soooo weak.

I would keep Son as an impact sub. He has had his best games when coming on once the game is stretched. Lets give Danjuma a chance alongside Kane.

Fingers crossed and hope for the best

COYS

Last edited:
We won't see much of a change today, not enough time to get things changes.

If Skipp and Hojbjerg can just sit and give the wing backs more space to work in I'm ok being outnumbered in cm today.

We definitely do need to move to a cm 3 though long term.

We won't see much of a change today, not enough time to get things changes.

If Skipp and Hojbjerg can just sit and give the wing backs more space to work in I'm ok being outnumbered in cm today.

We definitely do need to move to a cm 3 though long term.

Think people get too fixated on formations. They can flex and change during a match, who has possession. Where the ball is. Dier can move up to be a dm. The wingbacks can go forward or back. Tuck in. Kane can drop deep.

Think people get too fixated on formations. They can flex and change during a match, who has possession. Where the ball is. Dier can move up to be a dm. The wingbacks can go forward or back. Tuck in. Kane can drop deep.

Agree
He has said he is willing to change things when he sees it's needed, so hopefully we won't need big changes to see a better performance
I would like to see that CCD be the one who pushes forward. Just seems more stable.

Agree
He has said he is willing to change things when he sees it's needed, so hopefully we won't need big changes to see a better performance
I would like to see that CCD be the one who pushes forward. Just seems more stable.

Not even talking about the manager changing it. Just natural.

Under redknapp it was fluid. Lennon and bale swapping wings. The players automatically reacting to whats happening around them.

Indeed. The big nause for me is someone turning their defence then pausing to pass it backwards ... because it hasn't been part of the plan.

Same boring team. Prepare to be bored.

I hope the "tweak" Stellini promised involves Son staying up top and not defending - especially from corners. We desperately need an out ball. With his perceived pace he should at least scare them into leaving 2 or 3 men to defend against him and this will put a serious hole in Dyches dead ball tactics.

Back