• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

I thought we played well last night in defence (bar the goal) and in our approach play. Most of that was little different to other weeks.

It was the final third/final ball we lacked and the biggest reason for that was Son having one of his 'bad touch' days and Sissoko not looking like a footballer.

We've pulled 2 away wins out with Lloris,Kane,Rose,Lamela,Winksy,Victor all missing. BUT we still look like a well drilled unit.

Mentally we look so strong, belief unwavering and relentless in pursuit of victory.

Sadly thats more than can be said for many in the OMT, they are the opposite. The opposition do score from time to time (it happens) but to knee jerk away with some of the bile is not just embarrassing but an insult to what Poch has done for our club and this team.

He has changed things massively. Most of us have never seen a team in this mould.........believe in them and ffs enjoy it.

Last edited:
People need to get over themselves. It's fans reactions to the fcuking game in the moment. I'm allowed to have my own reactions, as are you. I'm glad we won but couldn't see it at all and we were Playing brick. But this is just a forum. Spurs players can't hear or read this when they are playing.

As long as I don't bring it to white hart lane (which I don't) I'll continue with whatever my natural reactions are during the match if we are playing brick in the OMT.

Yes negativity isn't good, but what do you want me or us to say "ah never mind, we are playing brick". We won, some of us were wrong. Get over yourselves.

Last edited:
I left the TV at around 80 but kept tabs on here and WhatsApp.

:)

cadbury-flake_4fc840e69719e.jpg

100% agreed Steff!

But good luck convincing perennial pessimist naysayers like @Pirate55 and @Jurgen the German who seem to revel in any emergence of misfortune or discomfort.

Thanks for the shout out! I'm over the moon we won the game but I won't apologise for being realistic when it comes to Spurs. I think the title go to Chelsea but the team certainly have the opportunities to prove me wrong as our next two games are early kick offs which give us the chance to put pressure on Chelsea. Win those two games and hopefully Chelsea pick up no more than 4 points and I'll start to believe.

Good to see you took the night off from slating Eriksen after 5 mins played because he hadn't yet scored or assisted.

People need to get over themselves. It's fans reactions to the fcuking game in the moment. I'm allowed to have my own reactions, as are you. I'm glad we won but couldn't see it at all and we were Playing brick. But this is just a forum. Spurs players can't hear or read this when they are playing.

As long as I don't bring it to white hart lane (which I don't) I'll continue with whatever my natural reactions are during the match if we are playing brick in the OMT.

Yes negativity isn't good, but what do you want me or us to say "ah never mind, we are playing brick". We won, some of us were wrong. Get over yourselves.

I think some of your negativity has been quite light-hearted and good humored in a carefree kind of way and i get the impression that reflects you're in a good place at the moment (hope im right and i mean that sincerely)

My point (as per my post) was i don't think we were playing badly at all, we dominated them, it was just the final third bit.

But mostly it was i find it hard to reconcile why some supporters haven't gained a little more faith, belief and calmness in this team as that is what they are showing us week in week out.

Thanks for the shout out! I'm over the moon we won the game but I won't apologise for being realistic when it comes to Spurs. I think the title go to Chelsea but the team certainly have the opportunities to prove me wrong as our next two games are early kick offs which give us the chance to put pressure on Chelsea. Win those two games and hopefully Chelsea pick up no more than 4 points and I'll start to believe.

Good to see you took the night off from slating Eriksen after 5 mins played because he hadn't yet scored or assisted.

On more than one occasion I've been happy to admit that my criticisms of Eriksen have been well and truly answered over the last month or so..

I think we're a good chance to push Chelsea all the way, our draw is certainly favourable. I refuse to be pessimistic about it.

And if I ever feel like criticising another player, I'll just check your post history to get the method down pat or better yet I might remind myself not to be such a negative Nancy.

On more than one occasion I've been happy to admit that my criticisms of Eriksen have been well and truly answered over the last month or so..

I think we're a good chance to push Chelsea all the way, our draw is certainly favourable. I refuse to be pessimistic about it.

And if I ever feel like criticising another player, I'll just check your post history to get the method down pat or better yet I might remind myself not to be such a negative Nancy.

Your posts about Eriksen could be seen as being a negative Nancy or negative Norma/insert old an old Doris' name beginning with 'N' here but I'll leave it there and move on.

I think some of your negativity has been quite light-hearted and good humored in a carefree kind of way and i get the impression that reflects you're in a good place at the moment (hope im right and i mean that sincerely)

My point (as per my post) was i don't think we were playing badly at all, we dominated them, it was just the final third bit.

But mostly it was i find it hard to reconcile why some supporters haven't gained a little more faith, belief and calmness in this team as that is what they are showing us week in week out.
Thanks, I know I'm negative a lot of the time but I have tried to turn it round as light hearted and "banter" (hate that word). Whilst I know I'm an angry person still I'm no where near the level as I was on here and in actual day to day activities. But that said I still post stuff from the heart and before thinking and I can understand that it must frustrate other supporters who aren't anywhere near negative as me. For that I apologise. What I don't want to be doing though is apologising every match thread as I'm only posting silly things like "come on you bottling spurs hope dashing Spurs" as a bit of fun. Hopefully most of you, and as you said, can see that.

I love spurs, and I hate us. I feel so happy that we turned it around and won, and I'm only saying how I feel when we are playing pony. I admit though, I was wrong and we weren't bottlers, but at the time I thought we were bottling it.

Again, I'm going to try and take a bit longer each post that I make during a match time. Eventually I'll get there and I'll be this totally positive posting poster, but it will take time.

Also, I am in a very good place at this moment in time (marriage, baby etc) but I'm not on any social media anymore and you guys are all that I've got really to talk about spurs (other than my good mates and spurs WhatsApp group mates and that goes quiet a lot of the time) so whenever I get criticised on here I do feel sad as I do enjoy this forum a lot.

I'm worried about @StephenH - that's not what you need when you are recovering from an op
You can say that again!!!

Managed to get a cab and arrived home 7:30 last night............loved the last goal.

But to be far we should have been home and hosed in the first 10 mins......had to temper my normal screams of failure and in the end total delight.....

I'm sore but up and about JUST!

Brilliant post but you must learn to brick only positive, happy posts otherwise you're a clam or you will be accused of being a negative Noreen.

what a game.
we had to let an old boy score didn't we.

and fabianski - what a d*ckhead. he deserved and oscar for his playacting, even got the fans applauding him for insisting that he play on "desipte" the non-injury, and then him screaming his head off when it almost backfired when the coach tried to replace him.

soooooo glad hs stayed on and got slayed by us with 3 goals in the worst injury time extension in his life, and also preventing him from equaling the Swan's cleans sheet record, held by non-other than Vorm, the Spurs keeper on the other end of the pitch.

Brilliant post but you must learn to brick only positive, happy posts otherwise you're a clam or you will be accused of being a negative Noreen.
No, I understand people's frustration with people being negative it's just the way people comment on it and call us or me or you a Cnut etc. Personally I just think there are better ways of telling someone they are negative rather than to "fcuk off supporting my club" or "i hate people like you".

Last edited:
Anyone at the game prepared to own up about leaving in the 85th minute?

It took around 4 hours to get up there with service stop...why on earth people decide to leave early for any game unless another engagement I have no idea...they wouldn't have got very far with all the diversions and roadworks going on...on and off the M4 was a nightmare but all worth it in the end...home by 1.30am though pretty sure I was flashed on the M4 coming back....I'm just about to go into a bloody speed awareness course now so points it will be...glad it won't just be me leaving Swansea with 3pts!

No, I understand people's frustration with people being negative it's just the way people comment on it and call us or me or you a Cnut etc. Personally I just think there are better ways of telling someone they are negative rather than to "fcuk off supporting my club" or "i hate people like you".

Agreed. People should be allowed to vent in the match thread and not throw their toys out of the pram because some posters don't take losing/playing badly as well as others do. If posters are continually negative in other threads such as the Poch thread or whilst discussing a specific player then that is a different matter entirely.

I have no problem with posters always remaining positive or even occasionally calling people out for being "negative", I just take issue with the manner in which they do it sometimes as you stated. It sometimes comes across as pig headed obstinacy and I'm a better fan than you because I always believe we're going to win every game.

Back