• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Aston Villa ***

Point is we were overwhelming odds-on to win. They had not won at WHL since 2008 and - as now - they were in one of the relegation spots. They even had a relatively new manager, a certain Tottenham reject.

I can hardly bear to watch.

They were 16th, actually, 3 points clear of the drop zone on 29 points from 32 games, which put their PPG at 0.91 (currently 0.4). Ours was about the same as it is now, which will only make it even more embarrassing if we lose, come to think of it.

They were 16th, actually, 3 points clear of the drop zone on 29 points from 32 games, which put their PPG at 0.91 (currently 0.4). Ours was about the same as it is now, which will only make it even more embarrassing if we lose, come to think of it.
Okay thanks, I didn't check exactly where they were that week, but you get the point, they had their backs to the wall and every bit as desperate for points as they will be tonight.

I still remember that 125th anniversary match against them. We came back to draw 4-4 but Villa are not a team I will write off until we are crushing the life out of them on 75 to 80 minutes.

It's hard to know whether Timmeh's mis-management has completely crushed the life out of them, or whether their players will bounce out of the shackles.

It took Poch 3 months or so to restore our pride and verve, so hopefully it will be the same with them

Would like to see at least one of Bentaleb/Mason to start.

Thursday game is important for our EL chances and of course Arsenal after that. I wonder if Poch will quietly make a couple of changes today or if he will keep it the same...

Hopefully Kane can continue his scoring form. Need him to go on a bit of a run...

Would like to see at least one of Bentaleb/Mason to start.

Thursday game is important for our EL chances and of course Ar5ena1 after that. I wonder if Poch will quietly make a couple of changes today or if he will keep it the same...

Hopefully Kane can continue his scoring form. Need him to go on a bit of a run...

Mason probably will (Alli needs a rest).

Poch is cautious bringing back injured players, so I'd expect we'll see Bentaleb on the bench a few times before he's back in contention.

I'm not liking how we have been bigged up all week and how our defence has been labelled "solid".

I like us being under the radar and not being talked about. It's very sexy to draw this tonight 3-3 after such praise.

In range of the top four...if we win...

Bottle time game..... alert! alert! alert!

put your house on Villa at Betfred... ..lol...

or This is where we change the psychology .after fifty odd years...
yes, this is the game...I can feel it.

Charge of the light phalanx, ear we come.....

Traditionally, we get complacent after big wins or when we play teams in trouble. After the erection inducing win against Bournemouth last week, not sure which Spurs will turn up for this match. Villa are without a manager and had been in all kinds of trouble recently. This is the sort of teams we always have problems playing against. Until last season, we had an excellent record against Villa, winning 6 consecutive matches against them in all competitions. But disappointingly, we lost to them at home last season. Hope we won't let that affect us mentally and get revenge for that defeat instead.

It was nice to see Kane scoring the hattrick against Bournemouth. He badly needed those goals after only scoring 1 goal previously this season. Let's hope that hattrick had boosted his confidence and form as we really need a consistent goal scorer. Eriksen and Lamela have been in good form recently as well. It will be great if they can continue their good form and get a goal or two in this match.

We still have not settled on our best midfield so far this season. But at least we now have many options to choose from due players like Dembele and Mason returning from injury. Dier and Alli have done well together so far this season. Somehow, I feel Alli needs to be rested sooner or later as he has been playing too many games despite being only 19. Besides, we need more experienced players like Dembele in midfield. Dembele did well to score against Bournemouth. Really wish he can score more goals like that.

Our defence have done really well this season. But it was disappointing to concede so early against Bournemouth. It shows we cannot get complacent against any teams. Villa have been struggling to score goals this season. So, it will be very disappointing if we don't stop them scoring in this match. Hope Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be at their best in this match.

This is the sort of matches we need to win if we want to finish in top 4. We have already wasted too many points against the likes of Stoke, Leicester and Swansea. Hope we won't waste more points against bottom teams like Villa and get the all-important win !

Everybody dance now!

Hope we will turn up with the right mentality, play well and get a comfortable win. Frankly, won't mind if we play ugly as long as we win !

So, their new manager won't be in the dugouts this early, I reckon, but will we still see some sort of positive effect on the team? We just might. I'm smelling a bottle job from here. Hope I'm wrong!

Remi Garde officially announced a few minutes ago.

While no surprise, it seems they're trying to build up momentum ahead of kick-off.

Would be nice for us to grab an earlyish goal for a change.

Lets hope that Aston Villas misspelling of their new managers name is an omen for the level of success, he is going to get :)

v5vmeh.jpg

Remi Garde officially announced a few minutes ago.

While no surprise, it seems they're trying to build up momentum ahead of kick-off.

Would be nice for us to grab an earlyish goal for a change.

Leave the announcement late enough that if they lose he can completely distance himself from the game. "Won't even count towards his record." But early enough that if they do get a result he can take full credit. ;)

We have to be positive ...under the lights at the Lane should be a good atmosphere....

We should have to much for them if we are on it which I think we will be....no point in thinking about Anderlecht or the Goons...Lets just concentrate and outplay Villa and get those three points....We have had a nice little break so I expect us to be refreshed and come out of the traps tonight....

Come on you Beautiful Spurs......dont let us down!!!

On another note, I'm going to be so tinkled if it's the bricky camera angle for this one! Been too much of that from White Hart Lane again this season. Bloody hate it.

Oh, well, COYS! I hope we're up for the task, get at their throats and get an early goal.

We have to be positive ...under the lights at the Lane should be a good atmosphere....

We should have to much for them if we are on it which I think we will be....no point in thinking about Anderlecht or the Goons...Lets just concentrate and outplay Villa and get those three points....We have had a nice little break so I expect us to be refreshed and come out of the traps tonight....

Come on you Beautiful Spurs......dont let us down!!!
under the lights in the fog. Didn't particularly enjoy the drive home tonight, perhaps Villa will end up at Torquay.

Back