• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

Talking about what he has done for us over the time he has been here.

We have to look at the present though don’t we. The fact is that he is not even a shadow of his former self, and there are no signs that suggest that it will change.

We have to look at the present though don’t we. The fact is that he is not even a shadow of his former self, and there are no signs that suggest that it will change.

Well we will see, i have been impressed by Ndem and i hope he will turn out to be the player we all hope for because we have relied on Eriksen for that killer ball far too much.

----------------Lloris------------------
KWP--Alders--Verts--Davies
----------Sissy----Ndombs-------
Son--------Lamela-------Moura
----------------Kane-------------------
Subs
Gazza, Rose, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Alli

Expect a big reaction and convincing win.

This will be one of those Palace/SCBC games where the other team doesn't turn up and we all stop worrying about Spurs until we play someone good and look complete dogbrick again
Pochettino sticks with the diamond out of stubbornness, we win despite of it because of having much better players and a bit of luck. Pochettino's faith in the diamond is strengthened whilst learning nothing about how to actually use that formation sporadically. Ensuring that the slump continues when we face better teams. Trump is re-elected, new wars break out on most continents as the world ignores global warming until it's utterly too late to do anything about it. Darkest timeline confirmed.

Or we get our act together.

Pochettino sticks with the diamond out of stubbornness, we win despite of it because of having much better players and a bit of luck. Pochettino's faith in the diamond is strengthened whilst learning nothing about how to actually use that formation sporadically. Ensuring that the slump continues when we face better teams. Trump is re-elected, new wars break out on most continents as the world ignores global warming until it's utterly too late to do anything about it. Darkest timeline confirmed.

Or we get our act together.
Shall we don the beards now?

Don't know why many are still opting for Verts and Toby together as our centre halves in a flat back four. As well as our obvious right back problem, Toby and Verts have both been caught out for pace this season on numerous occasions.In my opinion, we really need Sanchez's pace in there and so would opt for a back three.

This enables Toby to cover the RB and Verts the LB without leaving us too exposed centrally. Add in Dier as a holding DM and this would hopefully shore up our defence and allow our more attack minded players to go about their business with more confidence and freedom.

Don't know why many are still opting for Verts and Toby together as our centre halves in a flat back four. As well as our obvious right back problem, Toby and Verts have both been caught out for pace this season on numerous occasions.In my opinion, we really need Sanchez's pace in there and so would opt for a back three.

This enables Toby to cover the RB and Verts the LB without leaving us too exposed centrally. Add in Dier as a holding DM and this would hopefully shore up our defence and allow our more attack minded players to go about their business with more confidence and freedom.

With all due respect we're playing Brighton, not Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project or Arsenal...

I think have a 4-2-3-1 with Dier as one of the two should be enough. I'd bring in Sanchez and give Toby a rest though

In normal circumstances, I would be prepared to risk that, but it really doesn't satisfactorily address the underlying weakness of our two full back positions.

Are we taking about this season? Because if so, Eriksen has done fudge all bar 15 good mins against a newly promoted championship side.

He will continue to sulk and put in below par performances. In my opinion, he should be removed from the squad completely so that we have as much time as possible to adapt to life after him.

That’s been my point since the start of the season. If he wants out, then leave him out. No point playing a player who isn’t committed to the cause. Better to have a player playing who will fight for the team, give 100% and will leave everything that he has out on the pitch. Yes, creating chances might not be as easy without Eriksen, but, perhaps we will have more defensive strength and this will allow us to gain possession quicker, and to concede fewer chances when we press as a team.

In normal circumstances, I would be prepared to risk that, but it really doesn't satisfactorily address the underlying weakness of our two full back positions.
In a 4-2-3-1 the wide attacking midfielders give cover to full backs quite often. When counter attacked on that sometimes fall to the central duo, but they get help from some on the front four quite quickly.

Getting more protection to our full backs will do a lot more to address that weakness than playing Dier (lacking match fitness) in the same system we've played recently imo.

Sanchez has looked shaky at best this season, but probably the time to give him another game.

I dont think Sissoko would do any worse than Aurier, but I also dont think he is a defender, nor good enough attacking wise, to be as successful as people seem to think.

Alderweireld said that they talked him through the game. He played conservatively, which was the right thing to do in the circumstances, but he is no right back. Could he become one? Possibly, but I am not convinces that now is the time to so that.

Ndombele has been spraying key pass around since his debut.

Rather play him then both Eriksen and Alli right now. fudge it, play him as a #10 with two behind him in the 4-2-3-1.

Alderweireld said that they talked him through the game. He played conservatively, which was the right thing to do in the circumstances, but he is no right back. Could he become one? Possibly, but I am not convinces that now is the time to so that.

Given his physical attributes, I completely see why people are keen to put him out there.

Given his footballing attributes, Im far from convinced he has what is needed to do the job.

Though I do much prefer the idea of him at RB than CM, so wouldnt complain if things went that way right now.

If he was really to be a RB proper, it should have started back in pre season, give the guy a chance to actually learnt the role.

Given his physical attributes, I completely see why people are keen to put him out there.

Given his footballing attributes, Im far from convinced he has what is needed to do the job.

Though I do much prefer the idea of him at RB than CM, so wouldnt complain if things went that way right now.

If he was really to be a RB proper, it should have started back in pre season, give the guy a chance to actually learnt the role.

I think that it is likely to be a choice between KWP and Foyth tomorrow. I'd be tempted to go for Foyth and stick with him because it gives us the option of going to a back three in attack.

Back