• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - should we even bother ? ***

no-one should blame Mason for the result, this is a club rotten to the core with so many fundamental problems. then again he doesnt have the experience and clout to turn things around

I dont think there's many teams looking for a keeper this summer which helps, but there's a risk that he sews up a deal with someone before our new manager/DoF have agreed a plan on who/what we need
Brentford have already sewn up his replacement (for about a third of what they’ll sell Reya for). Imagine having a recruitment operation that ran that well at Spurs?

Last edited:
His positional/off-the-ball play has been questionable since he arrived. He was somewhat dynamic first-half, but Brentford hadn't worked us out at that point. Once they did, he just flattened out again. I was disappointed that he showed no real personality in the second-half, instead (as you said) his somewhat erratic off the ball movement resulted in Skipp being left with too much.
Even in the first half I think there were 3 or 4 times where Bissouma was wrong side of his player. The last of those he lunged in and made what looked like a red card type foul.

Interesting…. I thought Bissouma was woeful.
I thought he was great
He was moving with the ball in a way we haven’t seen a CM other than Bentacur do
The way he played for me was as good as he has for us (low bar)
Skipp I like but he was poor IMO
But I’ll also caveat that I’d need to watch it back to confirm or correct my views

I thought he was great
He was moving with the ball in a way we haven’t seen a CM other than Bentacur do
The way he played for me was as good as he has for us (low bar)
Skipp I like but he was poor IMO
But I’ll also caveat that I’d need to watch it back to confirm or correct my views
He was constantly the wrong side of his player when Brighton had the ball. Him and Skipp were also quite poor at positioning themselves based on the other one’s position.

I think that's what Levy is aiming for - mimic the BRighton and Brentford approach
I’ll believe it when I see it. I would love to be wrong but I don’t think he’ll make the investment into getting the best people or give them the autonomy they’ll want.

I’ll believe it when I see it. I would love to be wrong but I don’t think he’ll make the investment into getting the best people or give them the autonomy they’ll want.

I could see him going down that route rather than another big name Paratici type. After all, spending £100m or whatever a year on assets based on one guy's opinion probably feels more risky that spending it based on analytics/data etc (even though I thought Paratici did well). Either way, we need the DoF pretty darn soon

He was constantly the wrong side of his player when Brighton had the ball. Him and Skipp were also quite poor at positioning themselves based on the other one’s position.

I think the latter bit there explains yesterday for them. I was happy enough seeing Bissouma looking more progressive but the partnership clearly wasn't worker out. Once Damsgaard dropped in, we simply didn't have a response, and the creative/dynamic paucity of our midfield options screamed too loudly.

Back