• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT....Saudi Sportswashing Machine Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur.... OMT

Because why? Dembele, Winks and Wanyama wont get ahead of him in the team!?

He plays only by default, is the worst option we have in midfield and will be dropped as soon as is possible.

In fairness, I assume because realistically it looks like Dembele will become a maximum of a one game a week player and will almost inevitably have injuries and Wanyama.. . Well who knows what the hell is going on with Wanyama currently.

I actually think the general upset with Sissoko today is a bit misplaced anyway. I'm not a big fan of seeing him in Spurs colours but there were worse players than him today. He was reasonable.

Strange game. I thought overall we were quite good in the first half. Some rustiness, unsurprisingly but we mostly passed well and created some reasonable chances.

Second half was a bit of a mess.

Still, the important thing overall, especially considering how few of our players actually had a proper pre season, is to get the points. I hope we can carry on picking up the points while our players get back into the groove of things.

Sissoko was Sissoko. Tries really hard, but cant help but expose his limitations. All the time.

"Realistically" Dembele looked just fine to me, Dier is fit, Winks not far from fit. "Realistically" Sissoko should be no where near the team very soon.

Otherwise I found the game quite heartening, clearly not up to speed, clearly not entirely fit - but the continuity of 4 seasons together really showed.

I am confident we will find form and fitness quickly.

I am also delighted to have won, away, in what was a tricky game - especially with the added circumstances of players only just getting back.

I wasn't able to post during the game, so I came on here to rant about Aurier and Sissoko.

The dream team, nailing down the right hand side with a sublime mixture of poor control, terrible ideas, woeful positioning and brainfarts.

ATROCIOUS

If Spurs want to get the most out of those two, we should kill them both, put them in a blender and let Harry drink it as he seriously needs some pep.

Feels like we are starting this season much how we finished last. Maybe it's because there aren't any new faces, but the intensity was missing.
Sissoko did have a better second half, I won't pretend he didn't, but he started very poorly and looked like a player who hadn't had a pre-season. Kane and Eriksen both looked off the pace, whilst Moura didn't get much joy all game.

Not sure about the new midfield three, but Poch kept at it, even after bringing on Dembele. Maybe we will play our way into it, time will only tell.

Last edited:
I wasn't able to post during the game, so I came on here to rant about Aurier and Sissoko.

The dream team, nailing down the right hand side with a sublime mixture of poor control, terrible ideas, woeful positioning and brainfarts.

ATROCIOUS

If Spurs want to get the most out of those two, we should kill them both, put them in a blender and let Harry drink it as he seriously needs some pep.

I kind of like the general idea, but I'm not sure if I should give you a like.

In fairness, I assume because realistically it looks like Dembele will become a maximum of a one game a week player and will almost inevitably have injuries and Wanyama.. . Well who knows what the hell is going on with Wanyama currently.

I actually think the general upset with Sissoko today is a bit misplaced anyway. I'm not a big fan of seeing him in Spurs colours but there were worse players than him today. He was reasonable.

Strange game. I thought overall we were quite good in the first half. Some rustiness, unsurprisingly but we mostly passed well and created some reasonable chances.

Second half was a bit of a mess.

Still, the important thing overall, especially considering how few of our players actually had a proper pre season, is to get the points. I hope we can carry on picking up the points while our players get back into the groove of things.

Yeah this is the thing, Wanyama is still trying to get over a knee injury he picked up over 12 months ago. He came back now and again last season but didnt look quite right and now he is injured again with the same knee injury.

Winks is still trying to get over that ankle injury he picked up at Burnley away about 3 years ago.

Best case scenario is both are back in about 2 months but they will be eased back in very slowly and whilst I'm optimistic about Winks fingers crossed putting his injury behind him once and for all, I am far from confident regarding Wanyama.

Everyone knows the situation with Dembele and his fitness.

So as I said get used to Dier and Sissoko in central midfield, we are going to see it a hell of a lot.

Back