• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

Are you happy we lost so you can wheel out this nonsense again? I'm trying to work out if you actually believe it or are just trolling.

I'm not happy we lost, never am, but its the financial reality, if we want to compete we need to be in the CL, the FA Cup does nothing to get us there, 3 points on Saturday and its a good week

Not one sensible fan wouldn’t have taken us playing a full team tonight
Especially knowing wolves were playing tonight too

Don’t agree. Kane or Romero gets an injury now or later in the season and you’ll have everyone complaining we’re running them into the ground by playing them twice a week.

We should be good enough to beat a Championship side with squad players.

The team should have been good enough to win that.

Play the first team and the management would have got pilloried by a section of the fanbase given we have “bigger” games coming up on Saturday and next Wednesday.

The team wasn’t the problem for me. The performance was. Absolutely unacceptable to lose that game. Another chance of a trophy gone which, let’s be honest, barring a miracle is our only chance of a trophy.

I want top 4 but I’d fudging prefer a pot at this point.

fudge off Tottenham you shower of trophy dodging bottlejobs.
When the players see half the team weakened for the game they immediately know that the powers that be don’t care about winning a trophy.

Honestly I’m not surprised. Beating a relegation fodder West Ham in what was an abysmal game of football with little to no quality. Beating the worse Chelsea side in years was not really going to turn our season around.
Yes we have to enjoy London Derby victories I get that but this side in its current state are bang average at best. We got battered at Leicester battered.
Don’t even know where we go from here.

Manager needs to go but so do quite a few of the players that have been here and mediocre for far too long.

nah, most of them are worthless, the CL is what matters, anything that takes resource away from competing in, or qualifying for, the CL is a waste of time
What a load of bollox, really don't know if you're trolling or serious. No team goes from winning nothing to winning the CL. Get that first trophy under our belt and start building a winning mentality and belief that we can get across the line.
It's why the likes of Mourinho and Pep took it serious as a first step.

Exactly.....the boring and baseless comments of "prioritising" no...it was too many changes, playing people like Moura who has been in the broom cupboard all season and the established players like PEH, Dier, Son and Richy played like absolute jokers....

I agree it was too many changes. We needed not only to offer Sheffield the respect they deserve by playing them with the best team we had avaliable on the day given there was a quarter final at stake, but needed to keep momentum going to help us with our other objectives as well.

Starters in defence the last 6 times we've been knocked out the FA CUP
17/18 - Dier, Davies, Sanchez
18/19 - Dier, Sanchez
19/20 - Dier, Sanchez
20/21 - Davies, Sanchez
21/22 - Dier, Davies
22/23 - Dier, Davies, Sanchez.

All need to go. Bang average.

When the players see half the team weakened for the game they immediately know that the powers that be don’t care about winning a trophy.

Half the team wasn't weakened though, Kane, Kulu & Romero only nailed on starters missing - rotation to some degree is to be expected in cup games

Agree. Seeing how the draw panned out with those hot and cold balls....Your Semis, had we progressed, would probably have been City, United, Brighton, Tottenham

With our recent semi-final record, I would not see us beating any of those 3, outside chance v Brighton. But believe me , I dont care who does the draw, United are not playing City in the semi-finals.
So by that reckoning we should also just throw the game against AC Milan next weds?

That was really good skill. Not sure how you defend that. Forster was to blame, though, too.
Forster is brick as ive said all along.
On a free , low wages , hone grown, Levy's eyes lit up. I'm sick of this cheapskating.
This has happened for decades and will continue to happen. Our squad depth and quality is laughable. It's pathetic.
City change the whole team and ease through these sort of games.

What a load of bollox, really don't know if you're trolling or serious. No team goes from winning nothing to winning the CL. Get that first trophy under our belt and start building a winning mentality and belief that we can get across the line.
It's why the likes of Mourinho and Pep took it serious as a first step.

Pep won the CL in his first season as manager didn't he?

That was total sh1t. Embarrassingly so.
Terrible performance - if you can even use that word - by just about everyone. Woeful.
If we lost but looked like we were trying it would be something but there was no fight. Sheffield grew in belief in that second half and we just couldn’t - or wouldn’t - match them. No excuses. That team, even if a bit thrown together, should have been good enough to see that game out. Did we even have a decent attempt?
I really really thought we had a good shot of getting to the semi final at least and might even win the whole thing. Ghod alone knows why I would even think that of this shower.
Pathetic.
Now for the long sulk home. Again. Thanks Spurs.

Back