• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because we don’t have a spine

We’ve gone from Dembele to fats (who looked like he wanted off after 5) in the CM and Moura who can’t pass or control a football
This, unfortunately is our problem. We are SPINELESS at the moment. I have been saying for ages we need to recruit some beasts ( even started a thread about it!) . We need a dominating centre half, a strong ball winning DM and a rock ( like Giroud today) up front who can win headers and hold the ball up. Until we get such a spine we will always be able to be dominated even by half decent teams - like we were today.

Poch left us with a totally unbalanced squad and players well past their sell by date.

We may as well have played the youth team today. The only positive might be that where Poch would have had us fighting in their faces, giving everything, and we'd have probably still lost or drawn, maybe Mourinho accepted it was a tough ask, and set us up to stay compact and conserve some energy for the CL.
We're going out of that in one game's time.

Don't think there is any such thing. Successful management is a combination of a lot of factors - right man, right time, right squad.

I have faith in José and I don't think he took over at a great time or with a great squad. But the last two games have raised questions over whether he still has it or has the game passed him by.

I still think he has it but don't hold out much hope for the rest of this season.
I still think there are problems with the squad, too many strolling Billy big bollox in the team. Need a lot more intensity.

Couldn't agree more with your analysis of the game. Spot on.

But the Poch team we saw for the last 12-18 months of his reign would have lost today too.
12-18 months is an exaggeration. I remember us smashing Chelsea in November 2018 and Utd a few weeks before, at their gaff.

Spineless, undermotivated idiots.

Didn't appear to be "up for it" at all. Staring into space, not bothered, not really that into it.

Waited to lose, until we lost. Then endured the losingness until we lost.

Today was hideous. Totally lacking in intensity. What does Jose see in Moura? Dele is not perfect but at least he will work his nuts off. Lamela may have his limitations but works hard. Both those players should be starting before Moura. Ndombele wtf? Needs a rocket up his arse.

Sorry but if this is the future, it belongs in the past. I’d let Mourinho go at end of the season. I always thought it should be an interim appointment not a long term one.

Don't think there is any such thing. Successful management is a combination of a lot of factors - right man, right time, right squad.

I have faith in José and I don't think he took over at a great time or with a great squad. But the last two games have raised questions over whether he still has it or has the game passed him by.

I still think he has it but don't hold out much hope for the rest of this season.

Hmmmm. I was all for his appointment but have to agree that he has approached the last week in a poor way overall. As the pundits on BT Sport said, we have some very good players and Chelsea have their own injury problems, so we need to be much braver.

Right. In which case maybe Mourinho is more canny. Poch would have had us fighting, we'd have lost or drawn anyway and be knackered for the CL.

The CL game is nearly three weeks away!

Hmmmm. I was all for his appointment but have to agree that he has approached the last week in a poor way overall. As the pundits on BT Sport said, we have some very good players and Chelsea have their own injury problems, so we need to be much braver.

He gets things wrong no doubt about it. His stint at Utd and second season at Chelsea recently showed he is human. But his record suggests he will get it right more often than wrong. We need to have some faith in the guy. Anyway, I don't think he is the type of manager who sets his team to go for the throat of big teams. He tends to take a far more cautious approach. To do so though he needs to sort out the defence first. We still give away far too many chances .

Chelsea did have injury problems, but could still field Giroud and Tammy from the bench - we had nothing.

What would we have gained or lost?
Parrott is by all accounts on a 121 coaching programme currently

We would have had a centre forward we could bring on. Allowing others to play in their more natural positions. For most of the game we had two midget attackers out of position to start with. When Dele came on, we still had two players playing out of position. Is it any wider we had no goal threat? A natural centre forward, however " unready" , would still allow others to play in their best positions.

We would have had a centre forward we could bring on. Allowing others to play in their more natural positions. For most of the game we had two midget attackers out of position to start with. When Dele came on, we still had two players playing out of position. Is it any wider we had no goal threat? A natural centre forward, however " unready" , would still allow others to play in their best positions.
But he hasn’t played him at any point
He would never bring him on here
He doesn’t even think he is anywhere near ready hence the 121 coaching

We have no goalscorers. Surely Parrott is at least worth a shot at this rate.

Some flashes of brilliant football today but too rare to be encouraging

Back