• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Big Oil

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get what you're saying but at the end of the day xG really is totally irrelevant.

Its all about sticking the ball in the back of the net and nothing else.

Sure they had multiple chances yet still they failed to score, so you have to ask the question why? The answer is quite simple: none of their attempts were good enough.

Everything else is just chaff.

Sure it is, but as with all stats, they just give you some context. I'm not saying everyone should pay more attention to xG, you don't have to of course, but it gives you context, and it's obviously not any more flimflam than any other stats (eg. attempts on goal, corner kicks, offsides, possession etc).

I get what you're saying but at the end of the day xG really is totally irrelevant.

Sure they had multiple chances yet still they failed to score, so you have to ask the question why? The answer is quite simple: none of their attempts were good enough.

It's really not irrelevant. It gives you an indication of what the result should have been. In this game it tells you how much City underperformed.

xG also shows you that their chances were not only good enough but easier than ours. City had a really bad game.

Poch didn’t know how to make players leave
Poch used to get Danny Rose in for chats
Poch has just gone over the like form being the manager to being a mate IMO

Jose doesn’t muck around

I doubt that’s the case, he got rid of Janssen, previously Bentaleb, Kaboul, Capoue etc. He was unlucky in the summer that things didn’t pan out. We still haven’t managed to get rid of Wanyama or get Verts to sign a contract.

Poch didn’t know how to make players leave
Poch used to get Danny Rose in for chats
Poch has just gone over the like form being the manager to being a mate IMO

Jose doesn’t muck around

Plus I can only remember a very few occasions where Poch sent us out like that. Arsenal in his first season springs to mind. Usually we'd try to go toe to toe with anyone which is madness.

I doubt that’s the case, he got rid of Janssen, previously Bentaleb, Kaboul, Capoue etc. He was unlucky in the summer that things didn’t pan out. We still haven’t managed to get rid of Wanyama or get Verts to sign a contract.
Verts hasn’t been offered a new contract
And yes we have one player to shift who has a contract
That team today had every player pulling in the same direction. That the manager doing that

and yes he got rid of Jansen... he brought him and how hard was it to shift him. Same with the NK gang

stop being nice and tell the players you don’t want to go

You earn your luck
You work hard
Your limit the equality of their opportunities
You hope the ref can be fair and reasonable... he wasn’t bad despite what some will say

and you take your chances when they come

You have to work hard of course and you need the big moments to go your way. They certainly did our way today. I don’t think we limited them really. Aguero missed a gilt edged chance he sticks away nine out of ten times. He hit the post with a one on one he would probably score 8 out of 10. Gundogan would have had a tap in if not for a terrible pass by Sterling. Our first goal was out of nothing and the other was a deflection.

Regardless of the quality of chances, if we played away from home and had 17 or 18 shots against 3 from the home team and somehow still lost I would be pretty miffed as to how we managed to not even get a point let alone win.

You have to work hard of course and you need the big moments to go your way. They certainly did our way today. I don’t think we limited them really. Aguero missed a gilt edged chance he sticks away nine out of ten times. He hit the post with a one on one he would probably score 8 out of 10. Gundogan would have had a tap in if not for a terrible pass by Sterling. Our first goal was out of nothing and the other was a deflection.

Regardless of the quality of chances, if we played away from home and had 17 or 18 shots against 3 from the home team and somehow still lost I would be pretty miffed as to how we managed to not even get a point let alone win.
Aguero isn’t as good as finisher as your saying here
It’s why he hasn’t won the golden boot
The guy actually take a lot of chances to get his goals but that doesn’t make him anything other than brilliant

but as I said I’ve seen is do that many times and still not win

and of course if the ref sent of sterling the game would have been different after 12 minutes

Plus I can only remember a very few occasions where Poch sent us out like that. Arsenal in his first season springs to mind. Usually we'd try to go toe to toe with anyone which is madness.
We were good at it for a long while though.

We were good enough to go toe to toe with most teams during his time in charge.

Verts hasn’t been offered a new contract
And yes we have one player to shift who has a contract
That team today had every player pulling in the same direction. That the manager doing that

and yes he got rid of Jansen... he bought him and how hard was it to shift him. Same with the NK gang

stop being nice and tell the players you don’t want to go
Technically we still have Rose, who is on loan and Wanyama to shift in the summer. Eriksen wanted to go but didnt get the offers from the clubs he wanted. Rose was allowed to find another club but again couldn’t tie up a deal. So I think you are just reaching a bit there.

Technically we still have Rose, who is on loan and Wanyama to shift in the summer. Eriksen wanted to go but didnt get the offers from the clubs he wanted. Rose was allowed to find another club but again couldn’t tie up a deal. So I think you are just reaching a bit there.

Nah I’m not

Rose said he wouldn’t leave whilst the manager still had him in the office after training ... that was Poch

that’s a quote form him by the way

Very good at it. Most points over the two seasons but won nothing unfortunately. I maintain if Jose was in charge for any of our semi finals/finals, we'd have sliver in the cupboard.
Let’s wait and see, but if we go back to a team who just wins the occasional cup rather than challenges for big trophies (despite the obstacles), then I will be very disappointed.

Aguero isn’t as good as finisher as your saying here
It’s why he hasn’t won the golden boot
The guy actually take a lot of chances to get his goals but that doesn’t make him anything other than brilliant

but as I said I’ve seen is do that many times and still not win

and of course if the ref sent of sterling the game would have been different after 12 minutes

All strikers miss chances though, even Kane. Still don’t see how anyone could honestly say we deserved to win that game, as happy as I am that we won. Can’t remember a single clear cut chance we created today.

Yeah, you're right. Creating chances is pointless - we'll just create the ones that end up in goals in future.

Just got home and watching MOTD2 on the iPlayer. I’m happy to admit that we were a little lucky today. However, having just seen the replay of Sterling trying to break Dele’s leg, I think it’s fair to say that City were themselves extremely lucky to keep 11 on the pitch for as long as they did. VAR truly baffles me.

Nah I’m not

Rose said he wouldn’t leave whilst the manager still had him in the office after training ... that was Poch

that’s a quote form him by the way
What he said and what he did were two different things. He was looking for a move in the summer. That was a quote from Poch by the way.

The other thing today that was a very young side out there wasn’t it.., 2 players over 30 in Hugo and Jan

then a few at 27 (I think I’m serge and Moura)
Then sonny... then some much younger ones

I know we don’t get called young anymore but it’s still nice to see

What he said and what he did were two different things. He was looking for a move in the summer. That was a quote from Poch by the way.
No
Poch left him behind to find a move
The manager left him to get a transfer... that’s odd
Managers normally sell players, not players selling players

I loved Poch like all of us did but the guy learned a lot here and will show that at his next club

he won’t get as close to players I’m sure

Back