• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Aston Villa***

Not trying to shut down the discourse I just don't believe things are as bad as people often make out and I certainly don't believe it's bad enough for the negativity to spread just as much as it does.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

It depends on whose reactions you're judging by and also your own personal hopes / expectations.

The league positions and amount of trophies we have won are a factual account.

It's not disastrous in the sense that we haven't been relegated but is also exactly how Colin Farrell's character described us in "In Bruges" a while back, not brick, not great but purgatory.

Who knows the future but given the infrastructure and players we have, it'll be a damn shame if in another 50 years time we're looking at our peak being a handful of 3-7th league finishes and almost winning stuff.

Being overly negative about it on the internet won't change it but neither will be being obliviously optimistic about it either. The point in the moaners favour (me occasionally being one of them!) is that we've had one of the best strikers in the game and a couple of the best managers and still won fudge all beyond the Audi cup and most environmentally friendly club award. But that's life as whoever wrote the song said. I just want the season to end and to have some hope for the next one and an actual evident plan from the club will help that.

It depends on whose reactions you're judging by and also your own personal hopes / expectations.

The league positions and amount of trophies we have won are a factual account.

It's not disastrous in the sense that we haven't been relegated but is also exactly how Colin Farrell's character described us in "In Bruges" a while back, not brick, not great but purgatory.

Who knows the future but given the infrastructure and players we have, it'll be a damn shame if in another 50 years time we're looking at our peak being a handful of 3-7th league finishes and almost winning stuff.

Being overly negative about it on the internet won't change it but neither will be being obliviously optimistic about it either. The point in the moaners favour (me occasionally being one of them!) is that we've had one of the best strikers in the game and a couple of the best managers and still won fudge all beyond the Audi cup and most environmentally friendly club award. But that's life as whoever wrote the song said. I just want the season to end and to have some hope for the next one and an actual evident plan from the club will help that.
20 more years of the same method of operation by ENIC and I just can't really see any different results. We may have the occasional good coach who maximises the squad he has but too often we've had an obvious hole in the squad that hasn't been filled. My concern is if they couldn't see and understand that in 2010, 2016, 2017 etc why will they get it in 2030?

Then consider we've had the great fortune to bring through a world class striker. How likely is that to happen again? Strikers are the hardest signings to get right with the highest cost and highest downsides.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Would have been nice if he spoke the truth about what a crap job he did too. Maybe then his words might have carried some weight.

Conte himself pondered whether he was the right person for the job in an earlier press conference didn't he? Can't remember exactly which brickshow of a performance it was but it was definitely put across that he couldn't elevate these players to success. But I guess the ultimate point was that nobody could / or will.

Just got home
Gordon cleans has Alzheimer’s
Lovely bloke
Chris powelll… could be be more Tottenham if he tried

we were so poor again for that first half

Conte himself pondered whether he was the right person for the job in an earlier press conference didn't he? Can't remember exactly which brickshow of a performance it was but it was definitely put across that he couldn't elevate these players to success. But I guess the ultimate point was that nobody could / or will.
Burnley away

Just got home
Gordon cleans has Alzheimer’s
Lovely bloke
Chris powelll… could be be more Tottenham if he tried

we were so poor again for that first half
Gordon Cowans was a smashing player, should’ve played for us. From European Cup winner to Alzheimer’s … you never know what’s around the corner.

Gordon Cowans was a smashing player, should’ve played for us. From European Cup winner to Alzheimer’s … you never know what’s around the corner.
Was so polite
The villa fan I was with knows him well and he can recite his history at the club.. but not what he did yesterday

Only that was more tongue in cheek. He's either too blind or too small to admit to mistakes. It's always other people's fault.

Back