• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Manure vs Mighty Spurs

We will edge this.
I'd like to see Lamela behind Kane and Dele off the left, with both swapping off as feels right. Let's face it, if Lamela has those sorts of bursts in him, whoever Yanatid play at CB will be terrified by him charging at them!

Same team as against Foolham.

If this game were at home/Wembley I would really fancy us to bury them but I'd take a draw given our wretched record at Old Trafford not to mention Mourinho more often than not has the answers when facing the top teams. He'll play chicken and go for a 1-0 as usual. We just have to make sure we don't gift them any goals, yes I'm looking at you Dier and Lloris.

In the last couple of seasons I think we have been the better team there and come away with nothing. I can see us outplaying them, again, but Moaninho shutting up shop and us unfortunately grabbing a defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope I’m wrong

In the last couple of seasons I think we have been the better team there and come away with nothing. I can see us outplaying them, again, but Moaninho shutting up shop and us unfortunately grabbing a defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope I’m wrong
Agree, and I think it's been a mental thing.
But Poch is a good learner, so I'm hopeful.

Same team as against Foolham.

If this game were at home/Wembley I would really fancy us to bury them but I'd take a draw given our wretched record at Old Trafford not to mention Mourinho more often than not has the answers when facing the top teams. He'll play chicken and go for a 1-0 as usual. We just have to make sure we don't gift them any goals, yes I'm looking at you Dier and Lloris.

No matter who brick United are at the moment, there's no way we should go to Old Trafford with just one CM. We need a good hour out of Dembele

So much bad press for UTD, they are going to be right up for this, cant see us getting anything. we always have a good chance to beat them but we never do.

This is where we stand up and be counted;
No points at OT since new year's day 2014.
No GOALS at OT since new year's day 2014.
I believe it's the only PL ground (minus the new promoted teams this season) that our HK hasn't scored..

This is where Poch and his attention to detail and learning from previous experiences will have to be at it's absolute best. Every man and his dog knows what Jose will do (exploit our weaknesses in terms of pace in CM and waiting for mistakes in defence plus set-pieces) and Pochettino and the team will have to turn up.

That last minute penalty at Brighton might make the Jose focus a big less concentrated but regardless he'll be planning to shut up some critics and we have to be ready.

As some have said playing only one CM at OT is madness, so i'd go:

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Dembele Dier
Moura Eriksen Alli
Kane

I fear a back 3 would be exploited by Jose with the running and pace in behind of the likes of Alexis, Lukaku, Fred or Lingard. Aurier is included because of his pace and you just pray he keeps his brainfarts in check and Dembele will hopefully help both Aurier and Dier with that. Moura's tenacity and pace will be crucial for us i feel.

To dare is to do (PLEASE!) 2-1 to Spurs, Kane and Alli and Lingard for them

Will be different from the Brighton game, they can park the bus for us

Indeed; in fact i'd like Poch to go and employ these kind of tactics there and nick a goal on the break and then say to Jose: go on then try and pass/create your way through us.

The problem is do we trust ourselves to defend set-piece or long ball again or again? That'd be the worry for me, as he will set them up much better to punish us on set-pieces than i think Poch would (he is after all, a rich man's Tony Pulis when it come down to it and that kind of game is his preferred territory of operation)

Back