• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT FA Cup Round 3 - Tottenham Hotspur FC v Burnley ***

Carry on camping. This is an inspired and forward thinking OMT. The gods are appeased
I aim to please my kind Sir !!
I was VERY impressed with Lyle Foster when I watched Burnley a few days ago against Villa. Very sharp, very fast.

If Burnley play their full team, we will really be up against it.

Can't see they will as surely staying in the PL is their main focus

I aim to please my kind Sir !!

Can't see they will as surely staying in the PL is their main focus
Not sure.
They have 10 days after our game, facing Luton at home in a big match.
They might want to keep momentum rather than not.

Is Bryan good enough for a start against a team like Burnley? I like him as a player but in my opinion he's not strong enough physically. Then again what are the alternatives?
It's how he will learn. I never expected us to win anything in year 1 of the rebuild and would rather focus on giving players sufficient game time, so to help make clear decisions of players development by the end of the season

this will help accelerate the rebuild and also reduce stress on regular players who ideally can secure us a cl placing and funding.

Aside from fringe players like gil, we also need to ascertain if young players are ready for the Premier league.

I come from a time when virtually the whole country could tell you who won the cup and less than a quarter could say who won the league.

Same here. I dont know when it happened. I could tell you who won the cup from the late 60s through the 80s, but it seems after we beat Forest I struggle to think who won the cup in any year from the mid-90s

Same here. I dont know when it happened. I could tell you who won the cup from the late 60s through the 80s, but it seems after we beat Forest I struggle to think who won the cup in any year from the mid-90s

Live football on TV was restricted to the Cup Final and the World Cup international which made them a big event, TV pushed the product they had available weekly and diluted the interest and the revenue of CL made 3 or 4 clubs get much stronger than the rest and reduced the chances of other making it to the final. No matter how good the product the general public get fed up with 1 or more of the same 3 or 4 teams playing in it every year.

It's how he will learn. I never expected us to win anything in year 1 of the rebuild and would rather focus on giving players sufficient game time, so to help make clear decisions of players development by the end of the season

this will help accelerate the rebuild and also reduce stress on regular players who ideally can secure us a cl placing and funding.

Aside from fringe players like gil, we also need to ascertain if young players are ready for the Premier league.
I mostly agree. It's also a very difficult time for younger players to come into the team with us missing so many key players and the team being less functional as a result. So can definitely understand if Ange doesn't use this chance to give meaningful game time to younger players.

On Gil... Perhaps what happens in this game will tell us more about what Ange thinks about him going forward. Including if he doesn't start?

Though to be fair a front three of Kulusevski, Richarlison and Johnson with GLC as the 10 (or 8/10 hybrid). Bentancur deepest and PEH/Skipp as the 8 is pretty strong and probably our strongest lineup in those positions. So Gil not starting shouldn't be seen as conclusive.

Is Bryan good enough for a start against a team like Burnley? I like him as a player but in my opinion he's not strong enough physically. Then again what are the alternatives?

Whether it'll actually happen or not I was pondering about Porro as an attacking player in our system on the right. Royal could actually play on his best position (a rare treat for him) and Johnson move over to the left side or go central as he has done for Wales. Can't remember who it was that suggested Porro as a CM in the summer and they were essentially laughed off, by myself included but he's proven to be effective in so many areas of the pitch.

I don't think Gill will ever end up being the answer but having Porro as versatile as he is, is something that could be utilized more moving forwards.

Line up will be interesting, hope we go as full strength as possible. Depends on how Bentancur has done with the 60 minutes in his legs, having him would be a godsend given our African duo's absence. We all know what it looks like when Skipp / PEH start.

I'm somewhat apprehensive about tomorrow, this can be the kind of time we struggle with, perhaps moreso if we were away. Not sure if it's pessimistic to note but we fudge it up it'll be a disastrous season in the cups however it's contextualized, early days for sure and there's always next season, or the one after, or the one after that etc...... It's lovely playing entertaining football but we've got to show it can be done in pressure games that matter, knockout football provides a pretty good test in that regard.

Assume Scarlett will make the bench at least as well for this. I assume Bryan will come in for Son. Can’t see Ange making changes where he doesn’t have to. Think he’ll see the FA cup as a target.
It'll tell us what the Scarlet plan is. If he's on the bench then he'll be staying around. If not it's safe to assume we're looking for a new loan for him

Just look at Roy Keane and Alex Ferguson's faces, they both know it's a goal and are in worse position than the linesman and ref.

The plus in many ways is we have little wiggle room for changes so the team will likely pick its self. Maybe see a youth lad in a more advanced role because of the nature of the roles but beyond that likely to be the strongest available with timed changes depending on how game pans

Vicario
Porro, Phillips, Dorrington, Udogie
Lo Celso, Bentancur, Kulusevski
Johnson, Richarlison, Gil

Forster, Van De Ven, Davies, Royal, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Santiago, Donley, Scarlett

Emerson will play as if we are bringing in a new CB and VDV is back he is going to lose his place in the not so distant future.

Emerson will play as if we are bringing in a new CB and VDV is back he is going to lose his place in the not so distant future.

Sounds like Romero might not be far behind VDV with Maddison a bit later

Rest Porro, play Royal at RB and have Davies and VDV at CB.

We can always more Royal back to CB if we want to bring him off during the 2nd half. Just depends if VDV can play on the right.

Back