• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

I want to get carried away.

I remember Mourinho identifying Skipp as a likely future keystone for us.
Quite. Getting into the PFA Championship Team of the Season as a 20yo is one thing, but to do it as a key CM playing almost every game is another. I really hope Skippy takes this chance to re-establish himself and then kick on.

But then, what do I know? I thought Pritchard would do the same after his similar exploits with Brentford, but injury and the meteoric rise of Deli Alli put paid to that one.

Quite. Getting into the PFA Championship Team of the Season as a 20yo is one thing, but to do it as a key CM playing almost every game is another. I really hope Skippy takes this chance to re-establish himself and then kick on.

But then, what do I know? I thought Pritchard would do the same after his similar exploits with Brentford, but injury and the meteoric rise of Deli Alli put paid to that one.

I thought the same, he was the outstanding player in a very good academy side.

It was Enzo Fernandes who made the clearance. He also nicked the ball from Kepa. Could have just left it, and Kepa would have picked up his own rebound.
True. I watched the game again and Fernandes really stood out to me as the worst player on the pitch. Lots of bad touches, bad decisions, stupid play. Crazy that he was also the most expensive player out there. Skipp cost considerably less.

Is it fair to say our defensive solidity recently correlates with when Skipp plays? @LemonadeMoney i think it was you saying Skipp was likely the best and most natural CDM on the books?
He's also good a making very good forward runs (definitely noticed this in the home loss vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

Hopefully he makes us miss Bentancur a lot less than we otherwise would...Great first goal!

Is it fair to say our defensive solidity recently correlates with when Skipp plays? @LemonadeMoney i think it was you saying Skipp was likely the best and most natural CDM on the books?
He's also good a making very good forward runs (definitely noticed this in the home loss vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

Hopefully he makes us miss Bentancur a lot less than we otherwise would...Great first goal!
I want to say that ultimately yes, but there's a few variables here at play. Overall, I did think Bentancur was good at playing in both phases of the game. He worked hard to get forward and get in the box, but also worked hard to track back and win the ball back or close off passing channels. Skipp has been good with chasing balls down and winning 50/50 duels, intercepting passes. Overall just being a menace and disrupting opposition rhythm, but in a quiet and concerted way. Was great to see the fans telling him to shoot after his goal and I'm so happy for him.

Other variables: different GK, different personality on the touchline in charge, Richarlison starting at LW... perhaps it's a mix of these all together. Does make me wonder about Bissouma's place come next season, but I'd much rather see a club-trained player make it and perform for the team.

I want to say that ultimately yes, but there's a few variables here at play. Overall, I did think Bentancur was good at playing in both phases of the game. He worked hard to get forward and get in the box, but also worked hard to track back and win the ball back or close off passing channels. Skipp has been good with chasing balls down and winning 50/50 duels, intercepting passes. Overall just being a menace and disrupting opposition rhythm, but in a quiet and concerted way. Was great to see the fans telling him to shoot after his goal and I'm so happy for him.

Other variables: different GK, different personality on the touchline in charge, Richarlison starting at LW... perhaps it's a mix of these all together. Does make me wonder about Bissouma's place come next season, but I'd much rather see a club-trained player make it and perform for the team.

Can't see bissouma leaving due to bentancurs injury. But bissouma will need to up his game a lot to have a chance of getting in the team.

He's been the one bright spot over the last week. Should've been in the team before the Bentancur injury and at the very least used to rest PEH and Bentancur.

Skipp, sarr, kulu, Bentancur, romero, royal, porro and Richarlison, we should be building a team around them.
The rest can go as far as I'm concerned, some with thanks and regret, some i couldn't care less about.

Skipp, sarr, kulu, Bentancur, romero, royal, porro and Richarlison, we should be building a team around them.
The rest can go as far as I'm concerned, some with thanks and regret, some i couldn't care less about.

Can not diasgree with that at all.

Udogie looks a good player as well.
Spence, Devine, Scarlett as well.

Good call, would also add gil to that list.

Exactly. Those young players just need to have some older heads around to guide them, like Lloris, Dier, Davies, PEH, Son and Kane.

Skipp played a lot of vertical passes on the Wolves game. Seems to be coming back from injury really well. Wolves players were rough on him but he kept on soldiering on without losing his cool the entire game.

Exactly. Those young players just need to have some older heads around to guide them, like Lloris, Dier, Davies, PEH, Son and Kane.
Older maybe, but they need to be players good enough in their own right to play and the majority of the names you listed aren't

Lloris not good enough.
Dier not good enough.
Davies truly not good enough.
PEH debatable fine in the rotation.

So and Kane are good enough but they are both getting on and maybe we have to start thinking about a life without them. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back