• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official 'Why is there no Lyon OMT?' OMT ***

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

Fergie time?Again?LOL is a good stuff i like it lolol well done spurs we never give up!!! One man ll not eat a. (Rose beef) tonight lol...

Originally Posted by Jimmy-g

A few of our lads definitely underperformed tonight but Lyon done a good job on us both legs, but do I want to see Lyon play again no way, entertainment, they don't know what the word means.
Yeah, cause their English is crap.;)

C'est vrai!

Gif of Dembeles goal?

ibaqld9fkrnlgv.gif

A few of our lads definitely underperformed tonight but Lyon done a good job on us both legs, but do I want to see Lyon play again no way, entertainment, they don't know what the word means.

I said earlier that they were like Gerard Houilers Liverpools team, Gomis could easily have been Heskey imo as they just sat back even at 0-0 and relied on the break. In the end it was a set piece which oddly seems to be something they have picked up on as a major weakness of ours. But definately not entertainment by any means.

Why is there no Lyon OMT?

Looks like there's one now!

Same team as last time, except Holtby in for Demspey.

1-1.

Friedel
Walker Vertonghen Gallas Assou-Ekotto
Lennon Parker Holtby Dembele Bale
Adebayor

Double whoop, should I do the Inter OMT? I called the team as well! ;)

:lol:

You guys are complainin about them, but whilst I agree with you about how they played, they were fairly entitled to play the way they did. We had no creativity to penetrate and apart from one chance (Bales) volley they actually nullified us. Ok we scored three great strikes but did we actually create in the two games? Chances on one hand as they say.

Once they scored the first they were entitled to sit back as like I said above we didnt have the creativity to break them down. The win masks a fair few things and whilst I love that we won and ecstatic it will hurt us in the future as we cannot and will not pull rabbits out of the hat every game.

We won - next. simples.

We definitely have an issue with movement, and breaking down massed defences. But then, we've had that for the last four years or so, ever since teams actually started defending in depth against us. It's not a new problem.

I'm just glad someone other than Bale scored, and even if it was a 25-metre wallop, that should give Dembele some of his confidence back. Just in time for W'ham and Arsenal. Good result, when seen in that light.

What is significant is that we are finding a way to get late goals. We apply good pressure, keep things tight, and move enough to allow players to get space for a decent shot or three on target. I would argue that tonight we should've been 2-1 up by the 90th min simply on the two sitters missed.
I frankly think there are a lot of sheeple out there (not you, not anyone specific mate) who like to subscribe to these 'problems'. Show me any side faced continually with 11 men behind the ball who's name isn't Barca, and I will show you a side which has to be patient. Our work-rate is exceptional these days and our fitness greatly, greatly improved. From being the side who conceded late goals early season, we are now the team scoring them. THAT is just one slice of progress. It's a project which will take a while, and I think we are seeing some accelerated results personally, especially in terms of fitness and psychology.

Wow - so even you admit that ade needs replacing! He had an appalling first half, played a bit better in the second, but looks a million miles away from scoring a goal. He is supposed to be a 25m pound striker and just isnt leading the line like one.

fantastic result. Over the moon with the goal (why doesnt dembele do this more often with Parker sitting - especially against a team that parks the bus. He should be dribbling at them on the edge of the penalty area not from sooooo deep.

No, I don't think Ade needs replacing. He played well second-half tonight. What I would like are better strikers IN THE SQUAD so as we are not RELIANT on him (truth is this would likely lead to him being sold). Sorry, I'm not jumping all over the bloke just because you hate him mate.

Moussa is still figuring out how to play alongside Parker IMO. He doesn't adapt especially fast to his partner, and having worked through the early days with Sandro to form a wonderful CM, I think he is still adapting to a very different sort of player in there next to him...

What is significant is that we are finding a way to get late goals. We apply good pressure, keep things tight, and move enough to allow players to get space for a decent shot or three on target. I would argue that tonight we should've been 2-1 up by the 90th min simply on the two sitters missed.
I frankly think there are a lot of sheeple out there (not you, not anyone specific mate) who like to subscribe to these 'problems'. Show me any side faced continually with 11 men behind the ball who's name isn't Barca, and I will show you a side which has to be patient. Our work-rate is exceptional these days and our fitness greatly, greatly improved. From being the side who conceded late goals early season, we are now the team scoring them. THAT is just one slice of progress. It's a project which will take a while, and I think we are seeing some accelerated results personally, especially in terms of fitness and psychology.

Steff - you point that people are moaning but theyre not I think theyre just concerned and not blinded by a win or two. There are improvements and its for all to see those aspects you mentioned - fitness and work rate to mention two and I think defensively we have improved. HOWEVER; just because there are positives doesnt mean there are negatives and I guarantee you that AVB will also highlight the negatives and not just the positives.

What there needs to be is a balanced view - positives and negatives. Dont just moan that Parker is giving the ball away when I thought Dembele was just as guilty if not moreso.

For me the fact we kept going was brilliant the negative is the first half which I thought was poor and what is also concerning is lack of creativity - thats not moaning and most people arent. Oh another thing I actually dont think people have much confidence in that area improving because we had had the past to improve it and we didnt really (another debate)

"90 mins is a strange time to turn up to a football match Sp*rs fans"

Comment on KUMB.

Hahahaha. It's usually these bellends that turn up 4 hours before a game when nobody is about.

We are going to smash these on Monday

"90 mins is a strange time to turn up to a football match Sp*rs fans"

Comment on KUMB.

Hahahaha. It's usually these bellends that turn up 4 hours before a game when nobody is about.

We are going to smash these on Monday

We playing them next? hmmmmm interesting I suppose away

Back