• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Good starter character ive always found to be the Barbarian

Cant go wrong with brute power

This is usually the kind of class I go for on my first run through of most RPG games to be honest... Even the likes of Oblivion and Skyrim

ArmA 2 is probably the best Modern Warfare Simulator available on PC at the moment. I also believe there is a free to play version available now too? But get yourself a copy of ArmA 2: Operation Arrohead if you like war sims. Steep learning curve and missions take time and thought, no run'n'gun here I'm afraid.

Here's a video of that zombie add-on for ArmA 2... Looks great if you can get enough people together for multiplayer.

[video=youtube;m5knZlPSC48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5knZlPSC48[/video]

Blimey, that's an impossible question. You need to drill down the genre a bit I reckon. Just on the sci-fi side you've got the StarCraft francise, Star Wars - Empire at War, Surpeme Commander and the one that spawned them all... Dune, absolutely incredible game when it hit the shelves.

Blizzards other RTS, WarCraft III was just as inspirational as StarCraft and is cloned to bits. Then you got the Age Of series and Total War which have gone on forever... There's just so many.

If you're looking for something different, then Sins of a Solar Empire (RTS) and Galactic Civilization II (TBS) are away from the mould, both published by Stardock. fudge... what is the best RTS?

Warcraft III is an amazing RTS.

If you want something a bit more in depth the Total War series (specifically Rome & Medieval II) are some of my all time favourite games. Only single player game I can spend hours at a time on. Its almost like two games in one with the real time battles and turn based world map where you manage your empire/move armies. The battles are the most strategic your likely to encounter, really have to think about how you set your units out and their various strengths and weaknesses

What is your DPS on the Demon Hunter?

It's at 886, level 35.

I finally beat the game and just started nightmare last night. I think DPS should be at least 700 for nightmare since some of the elite mobs gain extra attacks, making them far more challenging than normal. I can't imagine what they would be like on Inferno.

Been playing D3 as a Demon Hunter for a couple hours now and its great!! Very similar to Titan Quest but alot better of course.

Im currently Level 8 and just completed the quest for a crown in a crypt. But i dont know how to use other weapons such as swords and things... Ive only been able to use Bows as when i equip a sword or dagger it says "skill not for this weapon" yet the only skills ive got are for bows? Am i just bein a numpty or can demon hunters only use bows??

There are some other games similar to this that others may wanna try. Torchlight is one... Cel-shaded cartoon graphics but similar gameplay and Torchlight 2 has just been released for around 15 quid. Titan Quest Ive mentioned is a greek mythology take on the genre. And theres also a post apocolyptic themed game by the makers of Titan Quest coming soon too... If i find the link ill post it here

Blimey, that's an impossible question. You need to drill down the genre a bit I reckon. Just on the sci-fi side you've got the StarCraft francise, Star Wars - Empire at War, Surpeme Commander and the one that spawned them all... Dune, absolutely incredible game when it hit the shelves.

Blizzards other RTS, WarCraft III was just as inspirational as StarCraft and is cloned to bits. Then you got the Age Of series and Total War which have gone on forever... There's just so many.

If you're looking for something different, then Sins of a Solar Empire (RTS) and Galactic Civilization II (TBS) are away from the mould, both published by Stardock. fudge... what is the best RTS?

I think they're working on a new Sins of a Solar Empire which is looking pretty good.
All those games are great and I'm struggling to think which one is the best. Lots of good memories with C&C as well.
I know Boonie was asking about RTS, but no one's mentioned Civilization yet, especially with the new expansion coming out within the next few weeks.

Been playing D3 as a Demon Hunter for a couple hours now and its great!! Very similar to Titan Quest but alot better of course.

Im currently Level 8 and just completed the quest for a crown in a crypt. But i dont know how to use other weapons such as swords and things... Ive only been able to use Bows as when i equip a sword or dagger it says "skill not for this weapon" yet the only skills ive got are for bows? Am i just bein a numpty or can demon hunters only use bows??

There are some other games similar to this that others may wanna try. Torchlight is one... Cel-shaded cartoon graphics but similar gameplay and Torchlight 2 has just been released for around 15 quid. Titan Quest Ive mentioned is a greek mythology take on the genre. And theres also a post apocolyptic themed game by the makers of Titan Quest coming soon too... If i find the link ill post it here

I'm still a bit confused on the weapons, but I'm guessing once you unlock the grenade primary skill, you can stick any weapon in that slot. However, you should try to stick to the bows and crossbows since they will give you bonuses later on when coupled with the passive skills that you'll eventually unlock. If you go with a 2-h bow or x-bow, don't forget to equip a quiver.

I think they're working on a new Sins of a Solar Empire which is looking pretty good.
All those games are great and I'm struggling to think which one is the best. Lots of good memories with C&C as well.
I know Boonie was asking about RTS, but no one's mentioned Civilization yet, especially with the new expansion coming out within the next few weeks.

New Sins would be good. I haven't really found them to be the most replayable of games is my only criticism of Stardock, but that's probably because I prefer solo play and they're built for multiplayer.

C&C is definitely epic. On the turn based, I've played a bit of Tropico 4 and it's a really fun game and puts a few different spins on the genre.

Just defeated the Skeleton King... Now I want more!! Will have to wait till friday before I can upgrade to full version tho :-(

Thanks agian ArcspacE for the guest pass, it's definately made up my mind

ok here's a couple of Diablo clones for anyone interested:

GRIM DAWN - (not released yet)

[video=youtube;VcYgiF_dbas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYgiF_dbas[/video]

TORCHLIGHT 2 - Out now - only ?ú15 on Steam)

[video=youtube;wVcsv3XWIAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVcsv3XWIAg[/video]

KRATER - (not out yet, early developement0

[video=youtube;BMKubY7BHxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMKubY7BHxY[/video]

Ghost Recon future soldier is getting good reviews
Really liked the first one back in the day, but the Advanced Warfighter ones (or whatever it was called) never really did a lot for me. I'm assuming from the name that this is more of the same?

What is considered the best RTS game? I just installed C&C Generals and wondered what was out there thats better.
I was always rather fond of Ground Control.

Really liked the first one back in the day, but the Advanced Warfighter ones (or whatever it was called) never really did a lot for me. I'm assuming from the name that this is more of the same?

I was always rather fond of Ground Control.

Yes the new one is more like Graw (ghost recon advanced warfighter) so it may not be your cup o tea! Does look really good though so I'd recommend giving the demo a go, if there is one, before writing it off!

Grim Dawn looks like Ghosts and Goblins but in 3D (better graphics though)

ghosts_%27n_goblins.png

Bought the Ghost Recon complete pack on Steam the other day for ?ú6.50!! That included the originals plus all the add-ons plus the two Advanced Warfighter games too... Absolute bargain!!!

I've just got Starcraft 2,never played this kinda game before,thought it was a sci-fi shooter,but looks very cool.

I haven't touched this game in a while. I actually got to the Diamond league (I forget if it was 1v1 or 2v2 random), but the game became so competitive that I actually stopped playing it. This is by far one of the most competitive multiplayer games I've ever played, and it was also a ton of fun countering people's cheesy tactics (like the old Protoss cannons in my base). But since I'm only half-Korean, I just didn't have what it takes to be one of the top players :(

In other news, there's been loads of reports about D3 accounts being hacked and I've been having loads of problems with the auction house today. Not sure if this is just in the Americas region or if there are problems globally.

Ludicrous that d3 accounts are getting hacked. You'd think with wow under their belt there would be no better company when it came to account security. Always found your account was fine as long as you ignored ANY emails you got from "BLIZZARD"

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

Ludicrous that d3 accounts are getting hacked. You'd think with wow under their belt there would be no better company when it came to account security. Always found your account was fine as long as you ignored ANY emails you got from "BLIZZARD"

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

WoW accounts get hacked a lot too. They're just experts at restoring them.

Bought the Ghost Recon complete pack on Steam the other day for ?ú6.50!! That included the originals plus all the add-ons plus the two Advanced Warfighter games too... Absolute bargain!!!
It's always odd looking at how dated the graphics look for games like that, I remember it being quite a looker at the time :D

It's always odd looking at how dated the graphics look for games like that, I remember it being quite a looker at the time :D

And every time I play a game after playing BF3 makes me feel like I'm playing the original Wolfenstein.

Re: diablo hacking
Even the people with authenticators are getting hacked. Not sure how, but I wonder how the hackers choose to target people and whether the RMAH is actually giving more incentive to hackers to steal items from people's accounts.

Back