• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I'm sure i have forgotten a few but here goes:

Secret Of Mana
Metal Gear Solid 4
Skyrim
Super Mario World
Championship Manager (96-00)
Goldeneye
ISS (PS2)
Mario Kart Double Dash
GTA 4
Soulcalibur II

Gta 3 surelly should be on anyones list? It completely revolutionized gaming when it came out. Set the model that many many games now use today.

GTA 3 was good, but Vice City was better - and GTA V is better than both. But how do you say it revolutionise gaming, exactly?

Glad to see a bit of Settlers love, wasn't sure how "big" a game it was - never really seemed as popular as some of the others, like Populous, Sim City etc, but I thought it was awesome.

-I would agree with Craig. The first game to make a massive leap from a simplistic top-down view to fullblown 3D open world. No-one seen it coming, was ready for it, or even imagined at the time. It will always be the 'best one' in my eyes due to this "a whoooole neeeeew wooooorld" experience alone.

- This War of Mine is alright. A decent game, kept me entertained (if thats the right word to use for the games context) for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't go so far to call the game depressing, but the scenarios you'll find yourself dealing with can be bleak.
I did find myself rolling my eyes after a while, maybe I'm just an uncaring fecker :D

Last edited:
-I would agree with Craig. The first game to make a massive leap from a simplistic top-down view to fullblown 3D open world. No-one seen it coming, was ready for it, or even imagined at the time. It will always be the 'best one' in my eyes due to this "a whoooole neeeeew wooooorld" experience alone.

Tomb Raider - 1996
GTA 3 - 2001

Tomb Raider wasn't open world.

GTA was revolutionary in many ways but I think Driver was before it in allowing you free reign of a 3D city

Tomb Raider wasn't open world.

GTA was revolutionary in many ways but I think Driver was before it in allowing you free reign of a 3D city

For me, GTA3 was a step up from Driver. The amount of vehicles you could use, with different handling and the way you could get out and walk around and interact with the environment.. GTA 3 seemed like a real game changer. This may be a bigger deal on the PC than on consoles though?

I concede my memory is hazy and I may be underestimating Driver.

Your point being that Tomb Raider was a 3rd person game first?
Well, yes. That's obvious.

No my point was that Tomb Raider was one of the first games to move away from the top-down gaming perspective and was arguably responsible for the ensuing popularity in 3rd person games. This was in response to your comment that GTA3 was the first game to move away from a simplistic top-down view.

Really enjoying Destiny at the moment. Up to Level 25 now and thinking about the Vault of Glass. Thing is I've heard it's best to try with a Fireteam when no one has done it before, not sure if there is an option to select that

Dying light looks like a good game. Anyone got it yet? I'm still enjoying advanced warfare. New maps are good to.

For mine...

Supercars 2
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Monkey Island series
Settlers
Championship Manager 1993
Mario - the original
Goldeneye
Half Life..I remember having 4 computers set up playing multiplayer..great fun!
Halo
Cannon Fodder

A LOT of others that could be included...

Devil May Cry
Mario Kart
Diddy Kong racing
Adams Family
Worms
Soccer Kid
Super Frog
Chuckie Egg

These are all games that I spent far too long playing. Not necessarily the best, but I never played Turican series, so don't know what I missed out on.

Dyin
Dying light looks like a good game. Anyone got it yet? I'm still enjoying advanced warfare. New maps are good to.
Dying light is a great game first hour or so is a little clunky until you build up skill points. After that it's great ive been playing co-op story with a mate some missions you need two players as can get tricky.
Story is a bit meh but the side missions are great. I was skeptical about buying it but glad I did great game

Back