• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

It took a few episodes before I was hooked but The Wire is certainly one of the greatest dramas I've ever watched.

The Shield and The Sopranos are the only other TV shows I've seen which were consistently excellent throughout all their seasons.

The Wire is one heavy show, but it is one of the greatest, most rewarding TV experiences ever. The characters are so deep and the plot-lines are multi-layered, with each season building on the last one.

On the other side of the spectrum...
Another show that I'm loving right now is Archer. I've been watching since Season 1 and it just doesn't let off. There's a decent amount of backstory and inside jokes, so I highly recommend watching the show from the beginning.
It can get a bit ridiculous how caricatured the characters are, but the show knows its audience.

that kid that plays the spoiled brat king is also pretty good...cause he is such a little brick and i really want to smack him..

****NO SPOILERS FRO THOSE WHO HAVENT WATCHED THIS******

....But oh my days, has anyone seen the last episode of the 6th season of Dexter?. What a way to end the season

Top Gear has turned into a scripted wannabe comedy show now, even the weekly episodes have that comedic feel to them too, still has its moments but it's not essential Sunday evening viewing for me anymore.

Every episode nowadays goes like this

Clarkson says something outrageous

May is being pedantic and driving the slowest car

Hammond does something dumb and predictable

ad infinitum

In a way they also became victims of their own success - set the bar very high in the first odd 10-12 seasons and now are struggling to come up with new ideas.

Just finished Boardwalk Empire. Mixed feelings about it to be honest.

It was a strong season, but I toward the end it felt like they just ran out of ideas - a bit desperate.

And I think they have completely failed Kelly McDonalds character. Mrs Shroder had so much potential, and in the space of 2 episodes she became an entirely predictable cliche of an Irish housewife. Very disappointed with that.

OMG OMG OMG Tonight's episode of Archer will feature the voices of the Trailer Park Boys. Two of my all time favorite shows.

Back