• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I just started 'Bodyguard'. Just watched the one so far, but liking it very much. Even though the lead actor seems to be clenching his jaw all the time.

The First

Follow the first human mission to Mars, exploring the challenges of taking the first steps toward interplanetary colonization. The story focuses not only on the astronauts, but also on their families and loved ones, as well as the ground team on Earth

Watched the first 2 lastnight was superb, really loved it

Half way through the second series of Ozark on Netflix atm and it has me gripped, quality stuff - was unsure with the first series but it has really stepped up a level or two

I've not watched Ozark but you got me thinking... How often do shows get better after the first series? You don't hear it said much

Watched something with the wife last night called killing eve. Let's hope they succeed because the character eve was a taco. A female writers idea of what makes a strong independent woman, sort of like a Bridget Jones diary version of what a spy should be.

I walked out and left the wife to it. I am all for strong female characters and they were the best thing about the bodyguard, as someone said above the male lead looked like he was squeezing out a turd the whole time which is not acting.

In killing eve the character eve walks into an important meeting late then tries to eat a croissant with out anyone noticing then does the whole romcom flutter of the eyes like a schoolgirl and says sorry. A true strong female character would have rode out her hunger pains or just gone ahead and eat the thing not somewhere in between the two things.

Spy romcom, a new genre in crap, wasted an hour on that.

I thought that as well,at begining,seen all the episodes her character does evolve quite a lot especially at the end (a different person really).It does pick up the pace a lot,thought it was quite good ,very tongue in cheek,it was produced by the one who wrote Fleabag which was very funny so its humour comes from that. The actress who plays the assassin plays it very well too,won't trust her with hair pin or be in a locked room with her!!

Second series already being commissioned.

I thought that as well,at begining,seen all the episodes her character does evolve quite a lot especially at the end (a different person really).It does pick up the pace a lot,thought it was quite good ,very tongue in cheek,it was produced by the one who wrote Fleabag which was very funny so its humour comes from that. The actress who plays the assassin plays it very well too,won't trust her with hair pin or be in a locked room with her!!

Second series already being commissioned.

Fleabag was brilliant. One of the best things I've seen in ages.

Watched something with the wife last night called killing eve. Let's hope they succeed because the character eve was a taco. A female writers idea of what makes a strong independent woman, sort of like a Bridget Jones diary version of what a spy should be.

I walked out and left the wife to it. I am all for strong female characters and they were the best thing about the bodyguard, as someone said above the male lead looked like he was squeezing out a turd the whole time which is not acting.

In killing eve the character eve walks into an important meeting late then tries to eat a croissant with out anyone noticing then does the whole romcom flutter of the eyes like a schoolgirl and says sorry. A true strong female character would have rode out her hunger pains or just gone ahead and eat the thing not somewhere in between the two things.

Spy romcom, a new genre in crap, wasted an hour on that.
loved killing eve - was made by the same person as Fleabag - it does get a bit baggy / questionable decisions halfway through but overall was good. The character Villanelle was brilliant throughout and the actress playing her did a great job.

Imo - The point of that scene was to make you realize she is a bit of a screw up and not part of the establishment rather than strong independent woman.

Half way through the second series of Ozark on Netflix atm and it has me gripped, quality stuff - was unsure with the first series but it has really stepped up a level or two
Just finished episode 9 and trying not to binge straight into the finale.

As with many good shows it has a way if making viewers care about people they really shouldn't. Excellent TV.

Just finished episode 9 and trying not to binge straight into the finale.

As with many good shows it has a way if making viewers care about people they really shouldn't. Excellent TV.

Ha I've just this moment finished off the 9th episode myself - will be watching the finale now, planned to finish with a double header

I just started 'Bodyguard'. Just watched the one so far, but liking it very much. Even though the lead actor seems to be clenching his jaw all the time.
I rescind my opinion of bodyguard. it got worse and worse - cheesy plot lines, clunky acting, and my favourite bit of business when PC Budd wants a private conversation in a hospital and moves a curtain five inches across it's pole. Second only to the endless scene in the last episode where PC Budd is standing 20 yards away from a sniper, his wife and the bad-acting lady police officer and they speak through walkie talkies.

I rescind my opinion of bodyguard. it got worse and worse - cheesy plot lines, clunky acting, and my favourite bit of business when PC Budd wants a private conversation in a hospital and moves a curtain five inches across it's pole. Second only to the endless scene in the last episode where PC Budd is standing 20 yards away from a sniper, his wife and the bad-acting lady police officer and they speak through walkie talkies.
It couldn't be worse than Mr Robot
I waded through the whole first series, it was just ludicrous, then more ludicrous, then unbelievably ludicrous, then after about 7 hours the main character realised the other 2 main characters were his sister and his dad.... then a couple of hours later he realises that his dad is himself... his dad doesn't exist... he's been talking to himself the whole time, it was just UTTER UTTER BULLSH*T and I wasted 10 hours watching this tripe. A 10 year old could have written a better and more plausible story.

It couldn't be worse than Mr Robot
I waded through the whole first series, it was just ludicrous, then more ludicrous, then unbelievably ludicrous, then after about 7 hours the main character realised the other 2 main characters were his sister and his dad.... then a couple of hours later he realises that his dad is himself... his dad doesn't exist... he's been talking to himself the whole time, it was just UTTER UTTER BULLSH*T and I wasted 10 hours watching this tripe. A 10 year old could have written a better and more plausible story.
You are an exceedingly patient soul. I gave up on Robot after two episodes! But bodyguard is getting such praise from many quarters when there is so much that is straight up amateur about it. Especially the bad acting.

Ive been recording Bodyguard, havent bothered watching yet.

I dont like anyone in it, but it was getting such positive reviews I figured Id give it a go. Starting to think I might just delete it now...

Back