• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Its a shame, I wanted to like it more than I liked it. It had a quirkiness about it I like and as you said the Mum looked batsh*t crazy and I wanted to find out why. I think I am out of this one good job to get off of it early.

Sharp Objects...seen the last episode,interesting ending,no loose ties... though you need to watch the credits(no spoilers) right at the end if you are going back in to watch it.

Ugh, Sons of Anarchy was so bad, I cant believe they are pushing more out.

And I say that as someone who watched it all. I came to realise, its basically a soap opera, a guys alternative to Eastenders!

And then I felt shame for sitting through it.
Agreed. Utter drivel. I didn’t make it far past the first season.
The Mrs stuck with it (the Charlie Hunnan effect) but even she kicked it to the curb when it apparently turned into Father Ted and relocated to Craggy Island.

Or did I dream that?

Surely they wouldn’t have....

Agreed. Utter drivel. I didn’t make it far past the first season.
The Mrs stuck with it (the Charlie Hunnan effect) but even she kicked it to the curb when it apparently turned into Father Ted and relocated to Craggy Island.

Or did I dream that?

Surely they wouldn’t have....

Hunnams son got kidnapped by the IRA and there was a whole season set in Ireland, possibly the worst of the bunch.

Which is saying something!

I watched the first few seasons on the basis of "surely, it cant carry on this badly, it must get better?" and then watched the rest on a "Well, Ive sunk this much time in might as well finish it"

Lesson learned though, I just ditched Mad Men and dont regret it at all.

I would rather watch all of SOA over Mad men (made it to end of second before ditching it).

Killing eve is rather good (stodgy middle) and if you have not seen it Fleabag (KE creator is Fleabag) is brilliant - not sure if I said this or not before.

I would rather watch all of SOA over Mad men (made it to end of second before ditching it).

Killing eve is rather good (stodgy middle) and if you have not seen it Fleabag (KE creator is Fleabag) is brilliant - not sure if I said this or not before.

Killing Eve interesting, ill take a look
Fleabag :) very funny

Not seen either but Ill keep an eye out.

Mad Men - I really love the period-ness of it, but fudge me theres no story and no characters of any interest at all. Its all just so silly.

I didn't get through breaking bad the first time I tried, and I get why now. By the end of season 4 things get so silly it's ridiculous. Still kind of enjoyable, but story is whack as fudge. :p

BB is an odd series to watch. So much of it is so good, and yet its a real slog as well.

"Its great!" Then for 5 episodes you think "Why am I watching this?" and then... "OMG ITS AMAZING!!!" and then back to "such a slog...."

I dont think its meant to be too realistic, I think its all about the characters, challenging them and finding out who they are. In which sense it really is brilliant.

Its like that through out the series i'm afraid,after you reach episode 4 or 5 you got to stick it out then to find out who did it... I'm not bailing out yet!! Some parts are very dark especially the Amy Adams character and her mum is very strange too.

Its a shame, I wanted to like it more than I liked it. It had a quirkiness about it I like and as you said the Mum looked batsh*t crazy and I wanted to find out why. I think I am out of this one good job to get off of it early.

Loved it!

I didn't get through breaking bad the first time I tried, and I get why now. By the end of season 4 things get so silly it's ridiculous. Still kind of enjoyable, but story is whack as fudge. :p

My kids kept telling me that Breaking Bad was the gonad*s, they made me sit through the first two series and i then waved a white flag. Slow and boring

Back