• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Personally the 15 billion pounds railway, was some of the most interesting TV i have seen this year. I love that stuff, even to the weighting of the steel beams with swimming pools so they bend before the roof is put on. I think i am a frustrated site engineer.

I loved that documentary - was so good. Its amazing how even the tiniest of detail is thougt of and a solution has been identified for every conceivable issue.

Anyone watch John Oliver's show? I think it's called 'Last Week Tonight'? Very much an extension of The Daily Show but very very funny/sharp.

Two new HBO shows in development:

One as yet untitled project by Martin Scorsese set in the late 70s about sex, drugs & rock'n'roll and the music industry at the time featuring Mick Jagger's son (dad is the producer after all), Andrew Dice Clay and Bobby Cannavale. A few people from Boardwalk Empire involved in this. Olivia Wilde, Juno Temple, Max Casella, Jack Quaid and Ray Romano all slated to appear.

The second one is a reboot of this:

Westworld_ver2.jpg

Cast set to include Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, James Marsden, Kyle Bornheimer and Ingrid Bolsø Berdal. Harris will star as The Man in Black and J.J. Abrams will executive produce.

Some info revealed by Bryan Fuller at Comic-Con about Hannibal S3;

•The third season will pick up one year after the season 2 finale.
•Lady Murasaki and Francis Dolarhyde will both be introduced in episode eight.
•Raul Esparza made a surprise appearance during the panel, and it was announced that Dr. Chilton will return in season 3. “I love playing him because he’s a total douchebag,” Esparza said.
•Eddie Izzard will also return as Abel Gideon, but the character isn’t coming back from the grave. Instead he will appear in flashbacks.
•The topic of slash fiction came up (of course) and Fuller said that he thinks Hannibal and Will love each other: “It’s not necessarily a romantic love, but they have a genuine love for each other.” He added that the entire show is effectively fan fiction in its own right.
•Clarice Starling cannot be introduced due to a rights dispute with MGM. The same goes for Barney Matthews.
•The cuisine theme for the third season will be Italian food. Does this mean Hannibal has run away to Italy?

Personally the 15 billion pounds railway, was some of the most interesting TV i have seen this year. I love that stuff, even to the weighting of the steel beams with swimming pools so they bend before the roof is put on. I think i am a frustrated site engineer.

Missed the last episode, they haven't put it up on the i-player,don't know why,normally its on for a month.

For some reason the bbc do that,they put up episodes of a series on the i-player then miss one out all of a sudden!!

Does anyone know when archer Season 4 is being released on dvd? It aired last year and according to wiki should have been released Jan

Been on a Sons of Anarchy binge over the last few days. Wow! Can't believe I didn't watch that before. Haven't been this hooked to a series since The Sopranos. If you haven't seen it - do it! 10/10.

This is quite good apart from Sean Bean's very bad wig

“Legends” centers on a deep-cover operative named Martin Odum, who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. But his own identity comes into question when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t who he thinks he is. “Legends” is based on a book by master spy novelist Robert Littell.

Just out of interest, how many hours a week in total do people spend watching TV and/or streamed/downloaded shows?

Been on a Sons of Anarchy binge over the last few days. Wow! Can't believe I didn't watch that before. Haven't been this hooked to a series since The Sopranos. If you haven't seen it - do it! 10/10.

Well, so season 1-2 were great, but season 3 has been quite dire. Lots of illogical **** happening all the time.

This is quite good apart from Sean Bean's very bad wig

“Legends” centers on a deep-cover operative named Martin Odum, who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. But his own identity comes into question when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t who he thinks he is. “Legends” is based on a book by master spy novelist Robert Littell.

very un-sean bean like...he doesn't die in this.

Well, so season 1-2 were great, but season 3 has been quite dire. Lots of illogical **** happening all the time.
Iirc that was when SoA "jumped the shark" and turned into a dumb soap opera, as I also enjoyed the first couple of seasons but knocked it on the head after the third.

Amazon has released 5 new pilots. Have watched 3. "Red Oaks", "The Cosmopolitans" & "Really". All interesting in their own way. Going to watch "Hysteria" and "Hand of GHod" with Brad Friedel twin Ron Perlman.

They have apparently greenlit 4 from the last round of pilots.

Amazon has released 5 new pilots. Have watched 3. "Red Oaks", "The Cosmopolitans" & "Really". All interesting in their own way. Going to watch "Hysteria" and "Hand of GHod" with Brad Friedel twin Ron Perlman.

They have apparently greenlit 4 from the last round of pilots.

I thought Red Oaks was quite funny

Franklin and Bash is back woohoo... its nothing amazing but lighthearted.

Anyone know of a good website showing timetables for season premieres? When is Newsroom coming back, all I see is the fall but doesnt say specifically the timetable.

Back