• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

This joke of a club gets better and better, they want to make their stadium bigger from 48k to 60k

At the same time its buy one get one free for their massively important must win CL game against Real Madrid
That cant be right, surely?
It's a sell out now though.
The Flintoff fight at their stadium is BOGOF, sure it wasnt that?

Viktor Fischer 18 years old from Ajax, debut for Denmark tonight. Can play all the attacking positions, this kid will be huge.

Viktor Fischer 18 years old from Ajax, debut for Denmark tonight. Can play all the attacking positions, this kid will be huge.

one of the best players in the nexgen last year. quality player

one of the best players in the nexgen last year. quality player

Must admit you seem to know a lot more than me (Not hard I know!) about the next gen. Who else stands out closer to home?

Great stuff!! Did he do the 90 minutes?

Havent been able to find the lineups for the game - but here is the goal

[video=youtube;Nn8poriem-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Nn8poriem-c#![/video]

Thanks for that, great work getting that on here!
Why he no smile?

Because he was supposed to be playing defensive mid. Number 4?????

Terrible first touch ;)

This joke of a club gets better and better, they want to make their stadium bigger from 48k to 60k

At the same time its buy one get one free for their massively important must win CL game against Real Madrid

I don't know how you do the laughing face on my iPhone, but if I did, I'd put it right here --> <--

You're as bad as the media.

I don't know how you do the laughing face on my iPhone, but if I did, I'd put it right here --> <--

You're as bad as the media.

SWP, you're a rarity, a Emirates Marketing Project fan that I like, but Marky has got a point. You always see empty seats at the Etihad despite your fans forever claiming that you have more fans in Manchester than United.

He is playing a friendly in the USA - 00:30 Thursday morning UK time

The game takes place in New Jersey

By the time the game is finished and they're back to the hotel would be around 4:00am earliest.

By the time they get from the hotel to the airport and assuming their flight leaves conveniently 'soon enough' - they can leave around 07:00 - 08:00am UK Time

Flight duration from New Ark to Heathrow is about 7 hours on average - earliest he can land 04:00pm Thursday evening UK Time.

Earliest he can be at his spot - around 06:00pm Thursday evening

Jet lag and time difference - Friday is a write-off

Even if he plays, I bet you he won't be at 100% sadly

I think he'll be fine mate...jet-lag doesn't affect the young! In fact, I'd wager he will tire only towards the end of the second-half! He will start it like it's a night-game IF he has any jet-lag at all. Have faith! Sandroooo Sandroooo he is Tottenham's Brazillian Yiddoooooo!

I think he'll be fine mate...jet-lag doesn't affect the young! In fact, I'd wager he will tire only towards the end of the second-half! He will start it like it's a night-game IF he has any jet-lag at all. Have faith! Sandroooo Sandroooo he is Tottenham's Brazillian Yiddoooooo!

Not being funny, but is jetlag really a massive issue when they fly first class? I've only flew premium economy one time on a transatlantic flight, but I had no trouble whatsoever sleeping.

Not being funny, but is jetlag really a massive issue when they fly first class? I've only flew premium economy one time on a transatlantic flight, but I had no trouble whatsoever sleeping.

It's largely an age thing. The younger you are, the easier it is to not get hit by jet-lag. If, in fact, it's a 48 hour trip, I believe you can pretty much fool yourself into not getting hit by it (you simply stay on your abode-country time)...if Sandro can do this, he will likely be fine. In fact, the toughest part will be right at this very second, as he will be feeling it! I suspect, however, the lad had a nap a few hours before the game, thus I think he'd be fine. I can certainly attest, BTW, that both business and first class international travel absolutely helps! I will say that I work with people who fly transatlantic overnight and go right into their work literally after stepping off the plane, and continue this for a week; jet-lag hits them but they are (like me) in their 40s, and it doesn't prevent them from doing what they need to do.

Lloris played 90 mins as France defeated Italy 2:1 in Parma last night

Made a good save, too. Hope he'll break into the first team soon. It would be exactly like Spurs to buy a world-class goalkeeper, and then watch as he's first kept out of the team by a consistent old veteran and then deamns a transfer because we don't play him enough.

Simply has to start on Saturday for me - what an utterly idiotic situation

SWP, you're a rarity, a Emirates Marketing Project fan that I like, but Marky has got a point. You always see empty seats at the Etihad despite your fans forever claiming that you have more fans in Manchester than United.

There are empty seats at every stadium, it's not the clubs fault that not everyone can get to the game. We have sold out every league game the last two seasons and although we haven't sold out too many Champions League matches, you haven't been able to buy a ticket for Real Madrid for a while; it's one of the few we have sold out for. We are still a working class club (in terms of fanbase) with very few glory hunters, who the club are obviously aiming for. Not everyone can afford £75-120 on top of the season ticket to watch just three European matches.

Just please don't mention Carling Cup matches. Now they are embarrassing.

Back