• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Well we managed the post-Christmas burnout without expending any effort in the Europa League.:frown:

I dont know, never looked into it. Its just an observation. Take Fulham when they went through to the final with Hodgson, first half a season they were excellent, second half they faded badly. Aston Villa about 5 years ago were top 3 up to November or so...

I dont know, never looked into it. Its just an observation. Take Fulham when they went through to the final with Hodgson, first half a season they were excellent, second half they faded badly. Aston Villa about 5 years ago were top 3 up to November or so...

Villa always faded with O'neil, europe or not

Fulham started pretty slowly under Jol last year despite playing in the Europa League from a very early stage, then hit their stride in the middle/second half of the season. Form depends on a lot more than fitness alone and for that reason I don't think Liverpool will necessarily 'burn out'. If anything I think they will start slowly as they try to get to grips with Rodgers' style of football but will pick it up when the pressure is off and start stringing together a few wins after Christmas, a bit like in 10-11.

I think its reasonable to say in many cases early competitive games help a team find their stride well. Also that early competitive games can leave a team struggling for fitness after a time.

I think its reasonable to say in many cases early competitive games help a team find their stride well. Also that early competitive games can leave a team struggling for fitness after a time.

My point was that there are other, more important factors that can overpower the influence of early fixtures. New managers, signings, tactics, ageing and improving players, competitors, fixtures, etc.

Of course, its not an absolute science is it? I just raised the observation that it seems to occur (with reasonable regularity) that teams in the early EUROPA stages start the season well but run out of steam

One of my best mates knows Jack Wheelchair's Dad. His Dad reckons that there's a good chance Wheelchair might never play football again!

One of my best mates knows Jack Wheelchair's Dad. His Dad reckons that there's a good chance Wheelchair might never play football again!

I'd heard this rumour a few weeks back. Somebody posted something about Arsenal getting a big insurance payout because of it.
The blokes a bit of a tw#t but not sure I'd wish a career-ending injury on him

I'd heard this rumour a few weeks back. Somebody posted something about Arsenal getting a big insurance payout because of it.
The blokes a bit of a tw#t but not sure I'd wish a career-ending injury on him

If it was someone like Alex Song or Van Persie, then I would have some sympathy, but Wheelchair is a ****. I wouldn't wish it on him, but wouldn't care that much either.

Good. The kids set up for life anyway and a decent player for the scum so if true will weaken them. Lovely.

If he comes back, I wonder how he will cope. He's been out for what, a year and a half, two?, no guarante that he'll ever be the same player again.

Bit downhearted by this, to be honest, if it is true. Even a tit like Wheelchair doesn't deserve to have his career ended before it's even begun. The guy's a nasty piece of work, but that's a terribly cruel thing to happen to anyone, being told you can never do the thing you're best at any more.

I'd much prefer it if he recovered and then got permanently banned from the game due to some act of ****ishness he committed, i.e ended his own career as opposed to having it ended for him.

Bit downhearted by this, to be honest, if it is true. Even a tit like Wheelchair doesn't deserve to have his career ended before it's even begun. The guy's a nasty piece of work, but that's a terribly cruel thing to happen to anyone, being told you can never do the thing you're best at any more.

I'd much prefer it if he recovered and then got permanently banned from the game due to some act of ****ishness he committed, i.e ended his own career as opposed to having it ended for him.

Each to their own but I'll never understand this attitude. He's scum through and through. No sympathy. fudge him.

Wheelchair looked to me like he was a very talented player, who could maybe be a top class player one day but has been massively over rated IMHO.

Shows ability, but is yet to really step up IMO.

Each to their own but I'll never understand this attitude. He's scum through and through. No sympathy. fudge him.

Understandable, I guess. I just don't think he deserves it. Sure, he's Arse through and through, but does that justify his career, his life and his dreams being destroyed through ill-fortune and no fault of his own?

I mean, we've just learned that Ledley's career was effectively compromised before it even began. I'd like to think that no one deserves that, regardless of football affiliations and general ****ishness.

It's why I'd prefer his general tacotishness doing him in, not his bad luck.

Understandable, I guess. I just don't think he deserves it. Sure, he's Arse through and through, but does that justify his career, his life and his dreams being destroyed through ill-fortune and no fault of his own?

I mean, we've just learned that Ledley's career was effectively compromised before it even began. I'd like to think that no one deserves that, regardless of football affiliations and general ****ishness.

Agreed completely

Gooood post.

Back