• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

That's a bit harsh. A lucky team, granted, but they are far dfrom poor. Imbalanced, but not poor

i think chelsea have arguably the strongest squad in the league. if di matteo can get them to click they could be unstoppable (not doing too bad at the moment)

mata, torres, oscar, hazard, lampard, moses, sturridge, ramires, luiz, cole all very good players. they could maybe do with a new striker

i think chelsea have arguably the strongest squad in the league. if di matteo can get them to click they could be unstoppable (not doing too bad at the moment)

mata, torres, oscar, hazard, lampard, moses, sturridge, ramires, luiz, cole all very good players. they could maybe do with a new striker

strongest squad and get the most decisions and have more luck than the rest of the PL put together, how can it go wrong for them

Get Lukaku back next season. Can't believe how they have mismanaged him.

They only signed him so nobody else could get him. Doesn't matter to them how fast he develops or if he becomes the player he could.

They only signed him so nobody else could get him. Doesn't matter to them how fast he develops or if he becomes the player he could.

I think this could be the truth of it, if the clamour had been Lukaku to Chelsea or Serie A, opposed to Lukaku to a London club, would the result still have been the same? The lad is a proper beast though, never mind Coulibaly, Lukaku is the only player I have seen who could be as powerful as Drogba and statistically, he is well ahead of the curve compared to Drogba who started very slowly.

There are some young players you look at and just think "how can this lad NOT become a star" and Lukaku fits that bill imo and has for a long time.

Drogba was a lazy bastard early in his career. It was only when he decided to fully commit himself to becoming the best player he could that he started making a name for himself.

(From the Cycling thread lol)

I would have thought the poster boy would be Hazard? But seriously, I can't see how they won't win something if they can finally start pulling in the same direction:

I'd have the two Ajax boys in the FB positions, so 4 CBs but:

Alderweireld --- Vermaelen --- Kompany --- Verts
----------------- Fallaini --- Witsel ------------------
Hazard ----------- Dembele ------------ de Bruyne
---------------------- Lukaku ------------------------

That team would have a lot of tournaments ahead of them and I reckon could do real damage with the right coach.

They also have an experienced Van Buyten so they are stacked at CB.. someone else on here mentioned it was just the Full Backs that let them down but when all the CBs are fit Vertonghen has played LB and looked good.

They also have Defour in CM and quite a few forward players.. Benteke and Mirallas played last time I watched them and they looked good although I don't know enough about them to know how great they really are.

In a way Belgium are a bit like Spurs.. they are very gung-ho and attacking but not always the most solid... think the usual Spurs v Arsenal performance lol

Peter Ridsdale, the former Cardiff City, Leeds United and Barnsley chairman, has been banned from holding any company directorships for seven-and-a-half years after an investigation into financial irregularities.

The Insolvency Service's inquiry related to payments totalling £347,000 made to Ridsdale by Cardiff between May 2007 and March 2009, which should have been directed to his company WH Sports Group.

The inquiry found the sums were in fact paid into personal bank accounts in Ridsdale's name, while WHSG was liquidated with significant tax debts.

Ridsdale's wife Sophie, a co-director of WHSG, has also been disqualified, with her ban expiring in April 2016.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/03/cardiff-peter-ridsdale-banned-director

Talksport's Durham will go to Emirates this evening wearing a Posh shirt. Hawksbee said he will bring him grapes in hospital.

Peter Ridsdale, the former Cardiff City, Leeds United and Barnsley chairman, has been banned from holding any company directorships for seven-and-a-half years after an investigation into financial irregularities.

The Insolvency Service's inquiry related to payments totalling £347,000 made to Ridsdale by Cardiff between May 2007 and March 2009, which should have been directed to his company WH Sports Group.

The inquiry found the sums were in fact paid into personal bank accounts in Ridsdale's name, while WHSG was liquidated with significant tax debts.

Ridsdale's wife Sophie, a co-director of WHSG, has also been disqualified, with her ban expiring in April 2016.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/03/cardiff-peter-ridsdale-banned-director
Leeds now run by Ken Bates-maybe they will be EPL next year but it was sickening watching Ridsdale explaining how their downfall was not his fault.

This. I was very impressed by his cameo at WHL in August. Amazed he didnt start based on his peformance that afternoon. I would go as far to say, had he started they probably would have taken all 3 points.
It's a pity we didnt get him loan, think he would have been an excellent attacking option for us

This. I was very impressed by his cameo at WHL in August. Amazed he didnt start based on his peformance that afternoon. I would go as far to say, had he started they probably would have taken all 3 points.
It's a pity we didnt get him loan, think he would have been an excellent attacking option for us

But we'd only really have been helping Chelsea out long term with it, even if they would have lent us him for a season. Better to find our own Lukaku, and not at a crazy price.

Neither team looks solid at the back.

Should be a decent match.

Back