• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official OMT** - Who's going to the season opener? (Not an OMT)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from Eriksen being deeper than Sissoko a lot of the time, Danny Rose playing parts of the second half in central midfield and Lamela still positioned centrally a lot of the time. It is a mistake to think of static formations with us, players switch positions all of the time.

Eriksen drops deep to get the ball from the #10 it’s his natural game, Sissoko bursts forward and has no positional discipline, Rose was just surging forward from lb and cutting inside and also to a leaser extend than Sissoko lacks positional discipline, it wasn’t constantly changing formations.

Good to get the win. Decent performance. Though to break them down without Alli, Son, Eriksen and Lo Celso in the first half. Good to see Eriksen put in a quality performance, gives me hope that maybe he'll sick around for at least a season and regain his form.

Several good performances actually. Kane showing some top class finishing, KWP playing well, Ndombele alright up until the goal excellent after. Thought Winks did well too. Several others as well with good performances.

Onwards and hopefully a good performance coming against City.

Eriksen drops deep to get the ball from the #10 it’s his natural game, Sissoko bursts forward and has no positional discipline, Rose was just surging forward from lb and cutting inside and also to a leaser extend than Sissoko lacks positional discipline, it wasn’t constantly changing formations.

I'm talking about starting positions for many passages of play

Thank f&ck for that, work on Monday was going to be an absolute nightmare if we'd have lost that.

And I farking love a debut goal, does anyone remember who our last one was?

Tongeu-y is a baller. VERY good debut from the lad.

Sissoko should not be allowed in the final third, he is a mule.

Tongeu-y is a baller. VERY good debut from the lad.

Sissoko should not be allowed in the final third, he is a mule.

He had a decent season last year. But that was due to effort and hard work. We all know he still cannot hit a barn door or cross a nice ball in.

He either needs to play in a two at the base or not at all.

I'm talking about starting positions for many passages of play

Yeah but that was not changing formation and positions, Sissoko was bursting forward and not tracking back and overlapping with Eriksen dropping deep to collect the ball, while Lamela always drifts inside from either the left or the right, Rose was surging forward from lb and cutting inside, he does it regularly and coupled with Villas lack of attacking threat was just staying further up the pitch, we were not changing formations or positions on the fly in the second half it was a 4231, Eriksen made a huge difference because he is quality, but him coming on also coincided with the the rest of team bar Lamela being moved into their natural positions, once N’Koudou was on we had 11 players in their natural positions in a formation that suits us.

Yeah but that was not changing formation and positions, Sissoko was bursting forward and not tracking back and overlapping with Eriksen dropping deep to collect the ball, while Lamela always drifts inside from either the left or the right, Rose was surging forward from lb and cutting inside, he does it regularly and coupled with Villas lack of attacking threat was just staying further up the pitch, we were not changing formations or positions on the fly in the second half it was a 4231, Eriksen made a huge difference because he is quality, but him coming on also coincided with the the rest of team bar Lamela being moved into their natural positions, once N’Koudou was on we had 11 players in their natural positions in a formation

We played the whole game in their half, we just upped the intensity when Eriksen came on. He really was the difference today.

These are players touches in the final twenty minutes of the game

Eriksen

Eriksen.png

Sissoko

Sissoko.png

Rose

Danny-Rose.png

We played the whole game in their half, we just upped the intensity when Eriksen came on. He really was the difference today.

These are players touches in the final twenty minutes of the game

Eriksen

Eriksen.png

Sissoko

Sissoko.png

Rose

Danny-Rose.png

Yeah I know but that’s the point I was making, but its not a coincidence we scored three goals when and both are equally as important as each other, Eriksen was on the pitch and the rest of the team was in their natural positions bar Lamela.

I know where you are coming from with we are normally interchanging positions because yes we do, in a 4231 Kane, Son, Alli and Eriksen are always interchanging but at the risk of stating the obvious considering three of them four didn’t start it wasn’t happening today.

Eriksen was a class above today, albeit you'd hope he would be against Villa. But yes. I remain in the camp which hopes we keep him for the season.

Once we changed the shape, Sissoko was great, ditto Ndombele.

Nice to see Harry on form. Toby cannot play next week as he has literally lost any pace. I have no clue what the Jan situation is. Worrying as we need him.

Good to get the win. Decent performance. Though to break them down without Alli, Son, Eriksen and Lo Celso in the first half. Good to see Eriksen put in a quality performance, gives me hope that maybe he'll sick around for at least a season and regain his form.

Several good performances actually. Kane showing some top class finishing, KWP playing well, Ndombele alright up until the goal excellent after. Thought Winks did well too. Several others as well with good performances.

Onwards and hopefully a good performance coming against City.

Kane’s finish for the first goal was really clever if you watch it in slow motion. Great disguise on it.

Back