• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

Levy, like last year, has fudged up the start to our season. Rules need to be changed because our chairman, however good I think he is, is a fudging macaron in the transfer window

Levy, like last year, has fudged up the start to our season. Rules need to be changed because our chairman, however good I think he is, is a fudging macaron in the transfer window

What did Arnesen say? Levy likes the thrill of it or something. Well that's okay then I guess....

fudge off you clueless nob! It's fan like you that drag the whole club down. Does anyone know the meaning of the word support?! Why don't you actually have an ounce of intelligence about you and explain exactly what went wrong; personlly it was playing defoe for an hour when we completely dominated and having nothing to come on to go back to 451. To do with transfers.

I fudging hate mindless inane comments like that. Nothing to it, no brain, no thought, just being a taco!

I've no doubt part of the reason he's saying that is because that shower of a backline is AVB's invention of playing too high up the pitch. Saw it all through pre-season and it looked shambolic then.

Centre-halves looked poor to me. fudging Dawson off for that? Seriously boils my tinkle - he would've had Lukaku for breakfast - sort of game Dawson loves. Same as at Anfield when Liverpool tried to dominate with Carroll and Dawson had him in his pocket.

There were some massive gambles there from AVB as well. Putting two up top changed the dynamic and we lost midfield. Then he brought on Sigurdsson for Sandro leaving us wide open. We were fortunate that we scored from Sigurdsson's first touch otherwise I shudder to think what would've happened.

Ahhhh that is gutting. We needed that win. The knives will be out for AVB now, some fans will already lose patience...he's been handed a nice run of fixtures to start the season and it would have been a good opportunity to get some confidence in him, and for the team.

We were excellent in the opening third of the game, I was really impressed with how the team were opening WBA up. We looked far better drilled than at many points last season when teams would come to frustrate us and with better finishing we would have been out of sight. Unfortunately the final period was like watching the Norwich game from April.

I think we do need a keeper. We need a keeper that is better keeping possession. Often we will pass the ball about, back to Friedel, who is capable of passing out under no pressure but as soon as a little bit of applied, the ball goes long.

We also obviously need a striker, badly. I liked how Defoe was coming deep today, he really seemed to be trying. But, like Friedel, he just isn't suited to what we are trying to do.

I also think today showed why AVB needs to shape the squad in his image, and why it is tough for him as a new manager, needing to accommodate players left over from Harry's era. Ideally we should have Siggy starting every week IMO. But because we have to give Rafa time, our changes were a bit of a mess. This wouldn't happen if he had a squad shaped in his image. We shouldn't ever have needed to go 4-4-2 and lose control of the midfield, we need a striker that can come in and allow us to keep that shape. We need a keeper. We need a better striker and we probably need Willian in to take Lennon's place in most games, because his finishing was too poor for someone that would need to offer goals.

Basically, AVB needs a squad that has depth, so players can come in and allow us to keep our shape. Jenas was a good sub, because we got that shape back and had some semblance of normality again, but we still weren't totally calm. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, he couldn't take Defoe off when we needed a goal and expect to have the goodwill of the crowd and keep the momentum, but yet we lose our shape. Ideally, he would never have needed to play Defoe, because he would be at QPR, and we would have Ade or another striker more suited to playing up top. And therefore our changes would have been much more natural, we could have altered things in midfield, rather than adding another striker, conceding the midfield and looking lost.

Very frustrating, but particularly at the start of the game there were signs, along with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, that once AVB completes his business we should be ok.

Have to say I was very disappointed in AVB today. Defoe should NEVER play as a lone striker against a team who will be defending deep which West Brom were. Surely anybody can see that? For this type of formation to work, the 4-5-1 must become 4-3-3 when we're on the attack, but Lennon doesn't appear to have been coached to play as a wing forward as there were a fair few times when Bale had the ball out wide and got dangerous balls into the box that Lennon should have been attacking but wasn't.

AVB's substitutions were poor. Livermore and Sandro are both competent technical players but Van Der Vaart was our only creative central midfielder on the pitch and as soon as we took him off we stopped dominating the game the way we had been doing before. I'd understand if he was coming off for Sigurdsson but to switch to 4-4-2 with two defensive based midfielders was bizarre, and no surprise to see that we opened up as soon as that happened. When Sigurdsson did come on, he came on in place of Sandro who had been having a good game and we were even more exposed. Then finally, AVB went back to the original formation to see out the game - should be fair enough, except with Jenas on the pitch. Jenas has played for Spurs for seven years now, it's clear to everybody that he is not good enough for this team, even from the bench. AVB should have moved Vertonghen to midfield and brought on Caulker if he wanted to close out the game.

Gotta say, Vertonghen was also disappointing I thought. Good on the ball for sure, but a few careless mistakes. The defending for the goal was shocking all round, how the fudge Morrison had that much time and space in our box right at the end while our defence casually stood about was appalling.

The only real positive to take is that hopefully, just hopefully, this will illustrate to AVB and Levy that our squad is far from complete, and that we need another striker and a Modric replacement urgently or we'll be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing, especially if Adebayor gets injured.

The changes were surprising. VDV looked quality today, but replacing him for Ade seemed odd. Then Sig for Sandro completely opened us up, after which Jenas (sorry but did not see any pressing or anything dynamic about him) came on for Defoe. Strange period of changes. But on CB's I disagree both were poor. Verts did generally well, whereas Gallas lost his legs by the end.

This is exactly why we need a Modric type player in the team.

we were playing well until vdv went off.
we had plenty of chances but didn't put them away
ade = no preseason

not sure modric would have helped... we have lost games like this last season with mods in the team too

Re: Same old Spurs

Always bottling it, Outplayed and we should have lost personally.

Extremely lucky to get the point in my opinion, Levy has ruined the start of the season, Which team plays football without a central midfielder who is capable of rotating the play and keeping the ball?

tinkled off at Levy and I hope this speeds up the Moutinho deal.

Strange phrase. In the context of the last 25 minutes, perhaps.
But the game as a whole, definitely not.

I've no doubt part of the reason he's saying that is because that shower of a backline is AVB's invention of playing too high up the pitch. Saw it all through pre-season and it looked shambolic then.

Centre-halves looked poor to me. fudging Dawson off for that? Seriously boils my tinkle - he would've had Lukaku for breakfast - sort of game Dawson loves. Same as at Anfield when Liverpool tried to dominate with Carroll and Dawson had him in his pocket.

There were some massive gambles there from AVB as well. Putting two up top changed the dynamic and we lost midfield. Then he brought on Sigurdsson for Sandro leaving us wide open. We were fortunate that we scored from Sigurdsson's first touch otherwise I shudder to think what would've happened.

WHAT?! The highline wasn't a problem in the slightest. Our defenders coped with most things they had, except crosses and corners and such, Friedel being glued to his line doesn't help, but he had a good game as a whole. And Dawson would have ate him up? Really? I love him, but he's awful against fast attackers

Oh GHod just reading the posts already from the clueless members of this forum. I'm really beginning to hate this place, been coming for years, scoured all the forums I could to find the best one, settled on this one; but lately... Although I'm not a member of any others, I browse, it's weird, you actually get friendly people, positivity and interesting debate... Here you have people like Bale, Shaney and oundoubtedly golfball and Hully and the like coming and spouting utter brick and vitriol to our team and manager...

We made west Brom look like Barca, as we always do with crappy teams. Hollywood football in the first twenty minutes, no goals and then the big panic at the end. How often is this going to keep happening? Someone earlier posted that Livermore and Sandro played well. What game was he watching? The West Brom midfield completely by passed the pair of them in the second half and they offered our back four zero protection. Bale; someone needs to give this guy a huge kick up the clacker. Apart from one good shot, he barely touched it in the second half and Francis was right when he said, that he goes out of the game when he comes inside. There was no cohesion in our forward play at all, as it seemed the forwards kept getting in each other's way. Corners and set pieces, don't get me started. Complete toilet.

Have to say I was very disappointed in AVB today. Defoe should NEVER play as a lone striker against a team who will be defending deep which West Brom were. Surely anybody can see that? For this type of formation to work, the 4-5-1 must become 4-3-3 when we're on the attack, but Lennon doesn't appear to have been coached to play as a wing forward as there were a fair few times when Bale had the ball out wide and got dangerous balls into the box that Lennon should have been attacking but wasn't.

AVB's substitutions were poor. Livermore and Sandro are both competent technical players but Van Der Vaart was our only creative central midfielder on the pitch and as soon as we took him off we stopped dominating the game the way we had been doing before. I'd understand if he was coming off for Sigurdsson but to switch to 4-4-2 with two defensive based midfielders was bizarre, and no surprise to see that we opened up as soon as that happened. When Sigurdsson did come on, he came on in place of Sandro who had been having a good game and we were even more exposed. Then finally, AVB went back to the original formation to see out the game - should be fair enough, except with Jenas on the pitch. Jenas has played for Spurs for seven years now, it's clear to everybody that he is not good enough for this team, even from the bench. AVB should have moved Vertonghen to midfield and brought on Caulker if he wanted to close out the game.

Gotta say, Vertonghen was also disappointing I thought. Good on the ball for sure, but a few careless mistakes. The defending for the goal was shocking all round, how the fudge Morrison had that much time and space in our box right at the end while our defence casually stood about was appalling.

The only real positive to take is that hopefully, just hopefully, this will illustrate to AVB and Levy that our squad is far from complete, and that we need another striker and a Modric replacement urgently or we'll be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing, especially if Adebayor gets injured.

Agree with everything here. Good post.

what do u expect when we have a 35 year old gallas playing next to him who couldnt run to save his life, he needs to go and dawson dosnt, avb is a clown if he lets dawson go and keeps gallas, and making him captain is ever worser.

we were playing well until vdv went off.
we had plenty of chances but didn't put them away
ade = no preseason

not sure modric would have helped... we have lost games like this last season with mods in the team too

I agree we were playing well until VDV went off. But I do think we miss Modric. He is by far our best central midfielder and was a vital element in us finishing 4th last season. Livermore did a good job today, but he is no replacement for Modric. I think if he had played we at least would have had greater continuity in our play. Indeed, the big issue was that we completely lost our shape and understanding, and that exacerbated our weaknesses in defence. But you are right, based on dominance of first half we should have been in a commanding position.

WHAT?! The highline wasn't a problem in the slightest. Our defenders coped with most things they had, except crosses and corners and such, Friedel being glued to his line doesn't help, but he had a good game as a whole. And Dawson would have ate him up? Really? I love him, but he's awful against fast attackers

Thank you!

Oh GHod just reading the posts already from the clueless members of this forum. I'm really beginning to hate this place, been coming for years, scoured all the forums I could to find the best one, settled on this one; but lately... Although I'm not a member of any others, I browse, it's weird, you actually get friendly people, positivity and interesting debate... Here you have people like Bale, Shaney and oundoubtedly golfball and Hully and the like coming and spouting utter brick and vitriol to our team and manager...

It's knee jerking season as soon as something isn't perfect. A lot of positive signs in both matches so far and with a couple of good signings this team should do really well this season, but a few things that needs improving as well.

So what was AVBs options if not to play Defoe up front? Adebayor? Do any of you know how fit Adebayor is considering he's had sod all football lately? Or should we of gone with Kane? Enlighten me please....

Back