• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

Seven hours of metal and beer completed. Brilliant day.

Gojira
Ghost
Mastodon
Slayer
Metallica

Got home from my hols lastnight and have download loads of Glasto from Iplayer, looking forward to watching a lot of it today

[video=youtube;n6sZm0ozRSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6sZm0ozRSA[/video]

[video=youtube;HSDu73XlB78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDu73XlB78[/video]

[video=youtube;FvGk506ucEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvGk506ucEk[/video]

Last edited:
How good were Kasabian lastnight !!!!!

I really enjoyed Dolly Parton, Black Keys and Ed Sheeran too

was initially flicking between them and Disclosure (watching live) and actually thought Kasabian were pretty poor so stuck with Disclosure from about half way though

Ugh.. I want to go to a festival this summer, but don't know where... These things cost a small fortune and I already have planned two for August/September, with a third and fourth looming. Might opt for a festival in an old castle in Italy in late July, Il Balletto Di Bronzo plays there which should be reason enough alone. There's also Days of The Ceremony in Poland and Devilstone in Lithuania which are cheap and decent looking options. Anybody into heavy psych/metal/doom/prog or the likes which can recommend something else?

I can't believe how big Biffy Clyro is in your end of the earth.

I mean, I can, because I like them. A lot. But down here, they are nothing.

I am watching their Reading Fest set, huge crowd, big set.

They played a Summer festival here and they were the second band on the main stage. And I mean the second band to play. They were on as I was walking in, and I got there early (mainly to see them but still, I wasn't going to get there that early).

They were good, had a small but growing crowd watching them, but most people had no idea who they were.

They're coming back in a few months, and playing small venues. My local gig venue hold 2,200 and you get so close you can sniff them. I'm hoping I can see them but I might be out of town.

Had the misfortune of seeing them about a year ago (the wife's a huge fan).

Have to say it was just the kind of whiny ****e I'd expect from an emo band but noisier. Some of their early stuff was enjoyable - scared the crowd a little bit though. I think most of them were there to see the cover they did of that X Factor song ;)

Watching Glastonbury highlights over the weekend I discovered what an Arcade Fire is. It is disappoint.

Have the bookers at Glastonbury really had to stoop so low?

An Arcade Fire is also something that makes me want to punch something. Preferably an Arcade Fire.

Music is ****. Used to be good. Grumble grumble grumble.

You and I are very different Scara. Arcade Fire is good.

On Biffy, their new album is okaaaay, but like the earlier ones a bit better. You can hear them getting a bit too Foo Fighters.

I saw Arcade Fire live this summer in Barcelona. Pile of tosh. I liked some of their earlier albums but they were poor live. I think this years Glastonbury headline acts were the worst in some time. Prince reportedly pulled out late on, boosting Metallica from other stage headliners to Pyramid, which goes some way to explaining things

I saw Arcade Fire live this summer in Barcelona. Pile of tosh. I liked some of their earlier albums but they were poor live. I think this years Glastonbury headline acts were the worst in some time. Prince reportedly pulled out late on, boosting Metallica from other stage headliners to Pyramid, which goes some way to explaining things

So which 3,000 bands pulled out of Friday night?

So which 3,000 bands pulled out of Friday night?

As far as I'm aware Arcade Fire sell a lot of albums worldwide, so commercially they were a safe bet. Mumford and Sons closed the show last year, Arcade Fire opened it this year. Think Mr Eavis might be in need to hand over the reigns.

May well have spent over the odds getting the Stones last year and had to reign it in since

Back