• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Hopefully our centrebacks in a few years time will be Caulker, if he continues to improve, and someone like Vertonghen if he is as talented as advertised. I just don't see much more potential in Kaboul, he is too prone to lapses in concentration and he is poor on the ball, two big negatives in my book that I don't see him overcome.
But that doesn't mean I don't rate him at all, he's had a good season, I just don't see a future were we are challenging for honours with Kaboul as one of our starting central defenders. Still good enough for a team hoovering around 4-6 place, but hopefully we will be better than that!

Kaboul wouldn't have looked out of place in the two manchester teams this year. He has become a top defender.

Just needs to find a partner that he clicks with and our defence could be a force to be reckoned with for the next five years.

Couldnt believe he wasnt given more of a chance in his first spell at the club and was shocked when we sold him. Didnt suprrise me when we resigned him and now he is showing what a real talent he really is.

amazingly Kingdawson (or is MoonlightKnight) thinks he is rubbish and wants us to sell him

Last edited:
I like these labels that players earn and people still use them even if they're not actually true anymore.

He was one of the top five defenders in the league this season.. Statistically.

I just don't rate him. I think the problem is compounded by the fact he is one of THREE defenders that we have who have serious concentration and positional issues. They were protected somewhat by our possession play and the excellent covering by Parker, but once Parker's form dipped our defence looked keystone cops at times. Way too many times actually. And from defensive set pieces we aren't great either.

Younes Kaboul: Won more aerial duels than any other Premier League defender this season (121) & made the 3rd most headed clearances (181)

So overrated.

Going by this forum there's someone wanting rid for almost every one of our players. We must really be brick.

Kaboul is among the top 10 CBs in the league. It's ridiculous to want to replace him because there are some flaws in his game. He's improved immensely since he became a regular starter for us and will continue to. Who could we realistically bring in that would be better?

Big blow for Younes, but hopefully he comes back 100% fit for next season, the guy is a colossal and our best centre back.

I really don't understand the people knocking him, he has been very good this year and has come on leaps and bounds since his first spell.

As someone else has said, he's definitely up there in the top 5 centre backs in the league.

Big blow for Younes, but hopefully he comes back 100% fit for next season, the guy is a colossal and our best centre back.

I really don't understand the people knocking him, he has been very good this year and has come on leaps and bounds since his first spell.

As someone else has said, he's definitely up there in the top 5 centre backs in the league.

And he is still relatively young. As he gets more experience his overall game will develop and he could improve vastly.

Yes, he's been a rock for us this year.

He's one of those that was thrown in too early really - he was a kid learning the game and we expected him to be a first teamer without mistakes.

He made loads of errors and fans got on his back, so it was no surprise to see him go, but it was great to get him back a couple of years older and wiser.

This is why I'm not that keen on any young defender, they are nearly always prone to mistakes - would rather get someone 25+ at centre back, rather than someone learning via mistakes.

Question for High Horse Knight;

Can you remind me of times this season where Kaboul's lack of positional sense and concentration have directly or otherwise cost us goals? I'm not saying he hasn't, just that I can't remember them. And please, name 4 or 5 at least, given that you see it as such a weak side to his game.

Thank you.

I guess the Utd City games a the start but I think for varying reasons it's a bit harsh to judge him on that.

Been a rock. Quality defender who we are lucky to have.

Question for High Horse Knight;

Can you remind me of times this season where Kaboul's lack of positional sense and concentration have directly or otherwise cost us goals? I'm not saying he hasn't, just that I can't remember them. And please, name 4 or 5 at least, given that you see it as such a weak side to his game.

Thank you.

:ross:

Excellent post

Back