• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

I'd be tempted to put Johnny Evans in that list, he's actually been quite good, which is strange.

Played football with him as a kid for our county, he was playing 2 age groups (i think) up and was still absolutely different class. Just goes to show how good you actually have to be to make it as a premiership footballer.

At first and even at the start of this season I didn't rate Kaboul at all, thought he was at fault for a few of the city goals and united goals in the first two games, didn't rate him in his first spell here either but I have to admit he realy has come on leaps and bounds, he has all the raw attributes that could see him bcome a top top centre half.

OMG Johnny Evans? For real?! He is fudging dire! so so so poor.. cannot believe he plays for UTD.

He is their 5th choice centre back after Vidic, Ferdinand, Jones and Smalling though...

Don't think he's that poor, he's good when on song, but very inconsistent and makes silly mistakes. Seems to have caught the Anthony Gardner syndrome.

Kaboul - deserves some recognition

Redknapp has signed Kaboul twice and believed in refining his raw talent when others dismissed him. This season Kaboul has begun to repay RedknappÔÇÖs faith, becoming one of TottenhamÔÇÖs most improved players.

TottenhamÔÇÖs dramatic upturn in their last two games has not just coincided with Redknapp missing out on England ÔÇö it has also come with KaboulÔÇÖs return to the side. He was injured for the dispiriting FA Cup semi-final defeat to Chelsea and the loss to QPR that put
Spurs in peril of missing out on Champions League football.

Kaboul thinks fatigue was the main cause of TottenhamÔÇÖs slump in form but conceded that the public expectation about RedknappÔÇÖs future mate have ÔÇ£indirectlyÔÇØ effected the team. However much or little it has distracted the players, it is now out of the way and Tottenham have it in their hands to hold on to their top four place, starting with todayÔÇÖs game against Aston Villa.

ÔÇ£Of course I think it is good that he is staying,ÔÇØ Kaboul said.
ÔÇ£Harry has done a great job since being Spurs manager, we had Champions League football and we are on course to be back in that competition.

ÔÇ£I think things will be like they were before. NothingÔÇÖs going to change, we donÔÇÖt need to change anything. OK, there was speculation about him becoming England manager but that didnÔÇÖt happen so now everything will be like before. We will finish the season stronger and be ready for the next one.ÔÇØ

Keeping Redknapp and getting into the top four will give Spurs stability. It will make it easier to keep their best players and attract better new ones. But Champions League football is paramount.

ÔÇ£As a professional footballer the dream is to play Champions League football every season. We have the players to play at that level. I would be gutted if we do not achieve that. But I think we will. When you have had a taste of the Champions League you have to make sure that you are playing in it every year.

ÔÇ£In these last two games we just have to be ready, to concentrate. You have to be normal and just play your football. I think we played amazing against Blackburn and at Bolton, very good football. We had bad times since the Arsenal game but it happens. But you look at the other clubs and Arsenal, Man Utd and Emirates Marketing Project all had bad times. So we have had our bad time but in the last two games things have come around properly.ÔÇØ

KaboulÔÇÖs return from a knee injury has been important. It has been a mixed season for TottenhamÔÇÖs central defenders. Ledley King has continued to battle courageously against his chronic knee problems but with his contract expiring this summer his future is not clear. William Gallas and Ryan Nelsen both turn 35 this year and are no longer the players they were. Michael Dawson has only started 12 games in a season blighted by injury. Kaboul has emerged as TottenhamÔÇÖs most consistent and impressive central defender.

How things change: even Kaboul concedes that he used to have problems keeping his concentration. ÔÇ£I am more mature and understand my game more,ÔÇØ he said. In those early days, after he had signed in the summer of 2007, fans joked about him being a ÔÇÿKaboul in a china shopÔÇÖ for the reckless way he approached his position.

When Juande Ramos arrived, KaboulÔÇÖs Tottenham career appeared over. Ramos thought so little of him that he once left him out of his 18-man Uefa Cup squad despite only having one other match-fit centre back.

In the run up to that game Kaboul had made three embarrassing mistakes that directly resulted in goals.

Redknapp took him to Portsmouth in 2008 and begin to restore KaboulÔÇÖs self-belief. He had been in AuxerreÔÇÖs first team from the age of 17 and captained France at Under 21 level but his confidence had been completely eroded. He rediscovered it at Fratton Park under Redknapp.

ÔÇ£He gets into your head,ÔÇØ Kaboul said. ÔÇ£When you have a manager that gives you confidence you are a different player straight away. My quality was always there but when you have a manager saying that he believes in you, you want to give that back.ÔÇØ

Redknapp certainly believed in him, persuading Daniel Levy the club needed to re-sign him in January 2010, paying ?ú9.5million (he had cost ?ú8million from Auxerre the first time round and been sold to Portsmouth for roughly ?ú6million). He argued that Kaboul was a late developer in his understanding of the game, an argument vindicated by the playerÔÇÖs progress in the last two years. At 26 he is still on an upward curve of development and has broken into the France team.

It is a measure of KaboulÔÇÖs respect for Redknapp that he thinks he shares qualities with the great Guy Roux ÔÇö the other manager in his life. It was Roux, manager of Auxerre for an incredible 44 years, who promoted Kaboul from the academy to the first team and set his career in train.

ÔÇ£I had Guy Roux for one year as a professional. ItÔÇÖs because of him I became a professional footballer. He took me from the academy to the professionals when I was 17. I started to play under him. Redknapp and he are very similar.

ÔÇ£They are similar in the way they are as people. They understand players. They have a lot of experience and they work by giving you confidence and by always talking to you.ÔÇØ Redknapp will have been doing a lot of talking this week.

ChelseaÔÇÖs European adventures have raised the stakes ÔÇö fourth may no longer be enough ÔÇö but for Tottenham the priority is not slipping again. And Kaboul will help them keep their balance

Kaboul has been excellent this year and easily our best and most consistent defender

Grown as a player and much more consistent, aside from the odd wobble performance wise and injuries he's been our best Defender this year.

He's been brilliant. Also think Gallas deserves more of a mention than he gets,think his performances are taken for granted a bit....

Kaboul has been excellent this year and easily our best and most consistent defender

Agreed, I'm quite excited by the thought of us having Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen as our CB's. If Gallas stays to see out his contract then another years loan for Caulker would be on I guess (with a christmas recall option).

Really hope we can get King to retire, otherwise we must offer him a contract as he should not play for another team.

Got my vote for player of the year, as has been said, still prone to the occasional red mist moment where it all goes mental but in general he has stepped up even from last season when he was pretty good too.

He's one half of our future centre half combination. Just need to find the guy to partner him and we have our centre half pairing for the next 5+ years.. Vertonghen? or Caulker?

Has been very important to us this season since he's been the only centre back that has been available almost all the time. Still waiting for either him or Dawson to take that next step and actually become the player that makes others better next to them, not just someone who looks good when playing next to Gallas or King.

I thought we could make a right back out of him until we bought Walker in. Love his forays up the pitch - not so much his free-kicks :D

Back