• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby to join in January - pg 25

Also I think I transfer policy should now be buy talented German youngsters!

I'd never heard if him before he was linked to us, and then of course when we subsequently signed him.

Impressed by his debut, not the best that I've seen, I was there for Mido's debut. I think he has shown the ability to play a quick pass, is immediately aware of his options, on receiving the ball, and plays the simple pass well. I like how he linked with Lennon too.

I look forward to seeing how he plays in future. I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet as I still know very little about him as a player and his performance v Norwich may simply be a promising introduction to the side.

to me he seems like a mini hybrid of modric and van der vaart , which is fantastic considering we have yet to really replace either...

maybe in lewis we have managed to begin to compensate for the loss of class left by both luka and rafa.

We could certainly do a lot worse!

Holtby being a full German international at 22 was a great sign of him being a very talented player. To get a player like that almost on a free was a fudging steal.

This. Genuinely cant think of any players in recent years that have come from the bundesliga and flopped.

Demba Ba, Patinkle Cisse, Dimitar Berbatov to name a few...

This. Genuinely cant think of any players in recent years that have come from the bundesliga and flopped.

Mertersacker(sp)?

not just germans, lots of spanish and dutch have adapted quickly and done well in the EPL.

Looks like a perfect replacement for VdV with his pass and move style combined with hard work and a aggressive attitude. His only weaknesses I have noticed is his lack of pace and he's a little lightweight, much like Van der Vaart. Hope he'll chip in with a few goals as we seem to rely a lot on Bale finding the net.

Did I hear a new chant for Lewis today? Same as the Suarez one, seemed alright.

It's quite a similar style of football and also the league is reasonably competitive unlike the Spanish or IMO the Italian leagues

I like how he puts himself about all over the opponents half. You could hear him shouting to team mates in tight situations. 'Gareth, one-two, one-two' etc

Did you see his passion when we celebrated our goal? Fantastic :)

I do like this guy a lot. Seems to be able to mix it up passing wise as well, it's not just the quick one twos and lay offs, had a fantastic cross-field ball to the left side today.

Did I hear a new chant for Lewis today? Same as the Suarez one, seemed alright.

Yeah, the fans sang it for a while. I dont think it was for the guys performance (although he did work hard and had some nice tackles and touches) it was more that it was a catchy song and it was something new that didnt start with 'super, super *insert player*'

We need to be buying more young Germans. Spaniards are probably a bit beyond our budget except the real risky ones like Michu, and the cheap-ish French are moving over to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but the technical quality matched with workrate the Germans are producing atm are perfect for us. Just a little hard to convince to leave Germany, and for good reason!

I'd love it if we signed Germans. I prefer there style to Spains too.

Did you see his passion when we celebrated our goal? Fantastic :)

I dont know if were at the game or they showed it on the TV, but you are spot on with that statement.

I am absolutely loving this guy, his quick passing is excellent, throws himself about, presses from the front, and then to top it all off, he was probably the most passionate of our players.
Really pumped up in his celebration of the Bales goal, geeing up the fans, and along with Ekotto (who climbed into the crowd and giave his shirt away) were the first to come over to the fans at the final whsitle.
This guy is quickly going to become a crowd favourite, surely deserves a start v Toon

Back