• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

See it in the cinema, one with the best sound you can find. It is two films, visual and aural. Sound design is amazing. I saw it twice over two weekends, and it is (for me) the film of the year bar none.
Thank you. You're not the first to talk about the sound, I'll try to be careful

Just watched Past Lives on Netflix. Been on my list for months and it didn’t disappoint. Really enjoyed it. Great performances all round. Not a lot happens in the film but without giving anything away it’s more realistic than most romantic dramas. One of those films that you think about long after I reckon, not instantly forgettable like a lot of Hollywood films.

Zone of Interest - not an enjoyable experience to say the least but an important film all the same. Couldn’t believe how blasé the nazis were. Yeah there’s 700,000 Hungarian Jews coming to Auschwitz next week, we’ve got to figure out the most efficient way to wipe them out. They talk about it with no emotion or remorse like any normal conversation in a workplace would go down about how to achieve x goal. Its all sounds rather than seeing anything horrific which arguably makes it worse. Not that I’m defending them but I suppose that was their “normal” like slavery which was also and still is abhorrent but wasn’t seen as a big deal when it was practiced in Europe, America and the rest of the world.

Dune 2 is excellent. Watched the midnight premiere last night/this morning. I will have to watch a second time to make sure I picked up on everything as it was a late one for the double bill.

Incidentally, I thought that Dune was excellent and better than I had thought it to be first time around.

Back