• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I sat through "Leave the World Behind" last night on Netflix. It has a load of disconnected random happenings, and you think "surely the Director will wrap this up in some way at the end" but no, it just stops. What a f.u.c.k.i.n.g waste of time.

Here is a deer. Here is a flamingo. Here is an oiltanker. Here is a plane. The end. F.u.c.k.i.n.g typical of modern films, just absolute crap. Apparently the director thinks it is clever and deeper to leave the audience speculating about what might have happened and what might happen next??!!
Yep Dogbrick

Watched it last night. Very good film. Quite different to the American Godzilla films. This version was more heartfelt, grounded and dare I say a bit more realistic. About as realistic as a Godzilla film can be.

I sat through "Leave the World Behind" last night on Netflix. It has a load of disconnected random happenings, and you think "surely the Director will wrap this up in some way at the end" but no, it just stops. What a f.u.c.k.i.n.g waste of time.

Here is a deer. Here is a flamingo. Here is an oiltanker. Here is a plane. The end. F.u.c.k.i.n.g typical of modern films, just absolute crap. Apparently the director thinks it is clever and deeper to leave the audience speculating about what might have happened and what might happen next??!!

Yep felt deflated after watching it, really hoped there would be some sort of explanations to certain events

Here's my top 10 for the year (roughly in order). Anyone else like to share theirs?

The Creator
The Boy And The Heron
Asteroid City
Empire of Light
Enys Men
Evil Dead Rise
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
A Man Called Otto
The Fablemens

Here's my top 10 for the year (roughly in order). Anyone else like to share theirs?

The Creator
The Boy And The Heron
Asteroid City
Empire of Light
Enys Men
Evil Dead Rise
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
A Man Called Otto
The Fablemens

I’d have Otto and The Fabelmans in my top 10 also. Along with Wonka and Guardians 3. Been trying to find Past Lives on streaming for ages but appears you have to pay for it on Sky store, Amazon etc.

Started to watch that Rebel Moon film on Netflix, turned off after 5 minutes, was a bit pony

Makes sense it was originally pitched for Disney as a Star Wars movie in 2012. You'd think they had time to write a decent script in the decade since, but I guess you don't really need one when Netflix are involved. Maybe we'll get a director's cut one day with all the parts that contained the story and character development.

Back