• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I concur, was expecting something terrible but thought it was an awesome film

I thought the Descendants was a bit flat compared to Payne's three previous films - Sideways, About Schmidt and Election (three of my favourite films ever). They were all really laugh out loud funny while the Descendants was more of a drama. Thought he changed his vision for the worse there.

Agreed about Up In the Air, very good film even though I didn't really think they needed the twist with the woman. I thought that was a twist for the sake of a twist and it would have been more satisfying *spoiler* if they just got together.

sunshine. fudging danny boyle at his best. quality film, if you like moon you'll like it.

cillian murphy is dreamy also.

Looks good, hopefully not as drawn out as the first.. Can not wait..
[video=youtube;OsKRzJkDiyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKRzJkDiyg[/video]

Just back from watching Man of Steel...

I enjoyed it, the film takes a while to get going with the action set pieces, and is very serious in comparison to a lot of its fellow comic adaptations but its good for an origins story. I thought Henry Cavill made an excellent Superman but, for me, Amy Adams isn't Lois Lane. That's not to criticise her performance but she just isn't Lois Lane worthy, I don't think.

Overall 4 stars out of 5

Looks like it should be an entertaining martial arts actioner, although it doesn't look like any form of Tai Chi I've seen before!

[video=youtube;eaOQymXZtOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOQymXZtOU[/video]

It is 01:50 Saturday morning and I have just finished watching an epic of a movie. If I had known it was this good I would have watched it years ago. One of the very best war movies I have ever seen - BLACK HAWK DOWN - I recommend it to anyone that has not seen it. I think this is Ridley Scott at the top of his game. I just think it was awesomely brilliant.

For those of you that have seen it what do you think?

Personally I have to give it 5 stars

Last edited:
Just back from watching Man of Steel...

I enjoyed it, the film takes a while to get going with the action set pieces, and is very serious in comparison to a lot of its fellow comic adaptations but its good for an origins story. I thought Henry Cavill made an excellent Superman but, for me, Amy Adams isn't Lois Lane. That's not to criticise her performance but she just isn't Lois Lane worthy, I don't think.

Overall 4 stars out of 5

Going tomorrow night and im very excited to see it...

Haven't seen Black Hawk Down but I know it's the sort of film I'd like. Anyone got a bucket list of films they haven't seen but must before too long?

I have Alien/s on mine. Also watching Superman at the moment. I'm sure I've seen it but when I was much younger so I have no idea what it's about, except, you know, Spiderman.

For those that are interested and have Sky I can confirm Black Hawk Down is on Sky Movies this evening - 22:00 on Sky 304.

Methinks this is the best war film I have seen since Saving Private Ryan

Very good shout with BHD, don't know personally if I'd put before Ryan but it definitely gets 5 outa 5 though.

Did not say it was better than Saving Private Ryan just that Black Hawk Down it is the best war movie I have seen since I saw Saving Private Ryan. It was just brilliant

Back