• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Slaaags the lot of ya......will this be my second infraction.....in that case, have this you slaags O:)

And all this "everyone knows what Bale is going to do" argument. Ever thought that Lescott also knew what Bale was going to do, so was able to make it harder.

Not in the slightest... "They can't live with him" "undefendable" "Cor Blimey Guv, He's a Right Handful and a Tinker to Boot"

These are the things they say about Gareth. Because when he opens his legs and shows the world his class, you know that the defender will be beaten and the cross will come in...

...So stop hanging back and get in position for the delivery more regular than Parcelforce on a clear summer's day.

Not in the slightest... "They can't live with him" "undefendable" "Cor Blimey Guv, He's a Right Handful and a Tinker to Boot"

These are the things they say about Gareth. Because when he opens his legs and shows the world his class, you know that the defender will be beaten and the cross will come in...

...So stop hanging back and get in position for the delivery more regular than Parcelforce on a clear summer's day.

then at the end of the game we can celebrate with an Aristotle of the most ping-pong tiddly in the Nuclear sub

OK I'm keeping to the Defoe subject, won't be responding to anything else. Also please note that I am speaking about Defoe's overall performance, and the Man C miss as a symptom of a larger problem.

Why do you think Defoe doesn't get enough starts, or doesn't even make it to the England team when his stats is that good? Capello and Redknapp knows something we don't?
Defoe is good for a mid table club - just as Bent is - he just isn't good enough for the Spurs team we have now.

The problem is that Defoe only does one thing well which is receive the ball from the center of the pitch (not a cross), turn and shoot. His skillset is highly effective but extremely narrow. Definitely doesn't suit a team like us, but would probably do well for a more direct football playing team.

The stats don't lie - the other stat we have is that our conversions from possession is low, and we have one of the lowest scoring frontline in the top half of the EPL. Watch Demba Ba lately? Masterclass in positioning and selfish anticipation. Strikes as well as Defoe, just as fast (he is bulkier), his game is simply to seek out to be available to score.

The worst I'd want now is Bale thinking "what do I have to do to helpthe team get more assists....and after all that hard work the fans are saying that I misplaced that?"

Defoe is very effective when receiving the ball in a central position just outside the penaly area - why don't we give him the ball more there ?

He is also good at keeping possession , he is a very neat passer who weights the ball well. Stats say he lost possession less than any other striker two years running.

Last edited:
Defoe is very effective when receiving the ball in a central position just outside the penaly area - why don't we give him the ball more there ?

He is also good at keeping possession , he is a very neat passer who weights the ball well. Stats say he lost possession less than any other striker two years running.

I dunno, maybe Jol, Harry and Capello all see something in training that we don't. Don't see any clubs getting excited about him except us and Portsmouth too.

that's why we need the 'sarcy' smiley, as well as 'tongue in cheek" and 'tongue up a mods arse' ones...would help clarify things no end...

I dunno, maybe Jol, Harry and Capello all see something in training that we don't. Don't see any clubs getting excited about him except us and Portsmouth too.

That arsehole SGE was the first to fudge with Defoe and twist him around, Jol didn't help with his proclamations that whoever was in-form between Keane & Defoe would keep their place when he clearly, CLEARLY, favored Keano, Harry plays him quite a lot and as for Capello, don't get me started! This is the man who thinks Glen Johnson was a World Cup standard full-back!!!!!

No Mick, I'm saying that our strikers constantly fail to get on the end of Bale's low crosses. As Defoe did this time. Totman seems to think that Bale passing inside, with pinpoint precision and laser like accuracy, would have guarenteed us a goal. I'm pointing out that, to Bale, the obvious option is run at the defender and draw him out. If you cannot see that Lescott is starting off between the two players and is drawn out to Bale, then what is there to say?

Then, some of you are thinking that Bale merely needs to tap the ball across to Bale. Assuming he has his head up and looking at Defoe at full sprint, when he gets onto the ball, Lescott is almost on him. Bale then needs to come across himself and get a pintpoint, laser accurate pass in front of Defoe's feet. Too far forward, Lescott intercepts, too far back it gets under his feet, Defoe checks his run and is jumped on by two tracking defenders.

Running at Lescott is by far the easier option and is what Bale thrives on, what do you think he is going to do? So, Defoe, having played with Bale for two years, and having missed (like all our strikers do) so many golden opportunities that Bale has "over hit", I would like one of our strikers to recognise the option that Bale takes time and again, and we miss, time and again.

And that, to sum up, is why I think that this particular incident, is Defoe's fault and not Bale's. No fanboy shenanigans, every player makes mistakes, this one was Defoe's.

It was no-one's mistake and pure, pure bad luck. The whole move bore some resemblance to the third goal against Inter @ the Lane, when Bale swept one across for Pav. if you remember, that one was a little tighter to the goal (i.e. not quite as 'range-y')...I seriously think that for a split second, Defoe checked his run slightly inside before running for the outside. By the time he arrived that lost him those extra inches. If the ball had been slightly, slightly slower, he'd have been in the perfect place. The ball was excellent, Defoe made (under the circumstances) as good a run as he can make, the result we all saw...I think it was simply awful luck...

It was no-one's mistake and pure, pure bad luck. The whole move bore some resemblance to the third goal against Inter @ the Lane, when Bale swept one across for Pav. if you remember, that one was a little tighter to the goal (i.e. not quite as 'range-y')...I seriously think that for a split second, Defoe checked his run slightly inside before running for the outside. By the time he arrived that lost him those extra inches. If the ball had been slightly, slightly slower, he'd have been in the perfect place. The ball was excellent, Defoe made (under the circumstances) as good a run as he can make, the result we all saw...I think it was simply awful luck...

I find it difficult to believe that people actually think that the whole process is some simple act - as if it were cutting cake.

The whole thing was conducted at breakneck speed in front of 48,000 people and involved breaking up an attack, running at full pelt trying to stay onside and guess whether its an early pass or a byline cross that might be on the deck or at head height, whilst keeping an eye on the keepers position and post coming at him.

and he still managed to get to it

and then gets shredded for not converting

by a raft of ungrateful supporters, who worry that Bales ego might be bruised

Must be great to be Jermain Defoe, his sense of personal fulfillment must be at stratospheric levels with the support he gets.

I thought you ended this debate Mick, with some peace and loveism.

Now you carry on like a lone wolf. I was ready to kick WookieD's arse, but I backed out. Now you take credit as JDs sole defender.

Glory hunter. Sure your not a City fan?

Note: If Cooper reports this post, it was said in (slight) jest.

I thought you ended this debate Mick, with some peace and loveism.

Now you carry on like a lone wolf. I was ready to kick WookieD's arse, but I backed out. Now you take credit as JDs sole defender.

Glory hunter. Sure your not a City fan?

Note: If Cooper reports this post, it was said in (slight) jest.
I'm an adult, I don't squeal for help (I leave that to the fag boys)

neither do I consider myself to be Defoes only supporter, I was simply answering Steffs post

so go feck yersel'
Big nose

\o/

Last edited:
Back